Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
    This was a great hook ep for me. I'd been seriously debating dropping the show, but now, I think I'm good for the rest of the season.
    It was a GREAT hook (and miles better than the Hookman), but unfortunately next week's ep looks to be back to the ridiculous again. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      It was a GREAT hook (and miles better than the Hookman), but unfortunately next week's ep looks to be back to the ridiculous again. *sigh*
      We don't get the preview up here. Can anyone tell me what was shown?

Comment

its called ashylm(sp?) and i think Sam becomes possesed
        Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side and it holds the universe together
        sigpic

Comment

Asylum! Haunted mental hospital where, no doubt, horrible atrocities were committed and the twisted spirits of the asylum's dead patients linger on, one of them becoming powerful enough to possess Sam and try to convince him to kill Dean.

Comment

Asylum! Haunted mental hospital where, no doubt, horrible atrocities were committed and the twisted spirits of the asylum's dead patients linger on, one of them becoming powerful enough to possess Sam and try to convince him to kill Dean.
            I have a theory on why the critter possesses Sam. It hink it has to do with his budding senses (since we don't know exactly what his powers are). However...I looks like the show's writers are starting to branch out with some original episodes! I think using urban legends in the beginning was to draw people in...and now they are branching out! I just hope it keeps on branching to season 2...etc (of course...as long as the writing is good).
            sigpic

Comment

Naturally it has to do with Sam's emerging talents. But "haunted asylum" is one of the oldest tales in the book. Because, ya know, regular scary ghost-demons aren't bad enough- make them MENTAL PATIENTS for an entirely new level of scare!

In fact, wasn't the Haunting of Hill House about exactly that sort of thing?

Comment

Naturally it has to do with Sam's emerging talents. But "haunted asylum" is one of the oldest tales in the book. Because, ya know, regular scary ghost-demons aren't bad enough- make them MENTAL PATIENTS for an entirely new level of scare!

In fact, wasn't the Haunting of Hill House about exactly that sort of thing?
                Now that was a good movie. The original was better than the remake, but I liked them both.

Yes, the premise is a bit played (ok, a lot) but if it's gonna delve into Sam's powers and keep up a bit of character development, I'll go in with an open mind.
                Thanks!
                Jordan

my page
                My LJ
                From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Did we all see last night's Haunted House episode? It wasn't that bad actually for a change. Mind you the plot was not the most original, but at least there wasn't any bad parts to it.
                  Don't make me zat you

It took us 15 years and 3 super computers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth.

Dial=> http://www.pathcom.com/~kcheung for days remaining until the Vancouver con!

Comment

BEWARE OF SPOILERS! Do not read below if you do not want to be.... er....spoiled.

Okay here goes my novel. First off I would like to say that FINALLY! a good episode! There were even moments that I actually got creeped out for the first time since watching this show. When the plumber stuck his hand down the disposal I was on edge for the whole five minutes it took for something to actually happen to his hand (this happens to be one of my biggest fears, even when I know the disposal can't turn on I hate reaching down there.)

I do have a few complaints however. The main one being that I thought they had to put those spice thingys in the four corners of every floor. It seems to me that they barely even got one in each floor when everything went crazy and the poltergeist dissappeared.

I also didn't like Dean getting bashed on so much. I don't exactly know why especially because I'm kind of a whumper, but the psychic just didn't seem to like him for some reason and she treated Sam like the golden child (loving J.P. more and more by the way). I think Sam's budding psychic ability may come between the two brothers more and more especially since Sam really isn't into the whole hunting thing like Dean is. I also didn't like how the mom just looked at Dean for a moment and then went straight onto Sam and seemed to care for him more. I was like what the heck!? Pay attention to both your sons (I so called the whole mom thing when Missouri could sense two presences and couln't quite identify the second one.) I didn't think that the mom should have appeared as an evil looking flame demon. I mean she's good right? So why was she haunting the little girls closet? The flames scared her more than anything.

Anyways, some very creepy moments. The minute the chair started moving away from my closet I would have been out of that bedroom and on my way down the street before you could have said BOO! Anyways, and when that kid got stuck in that fridge I was yelling at the T.V. "Check the fridge! Check the fridge!" I was afraid she was going to start looking outside or something and he'd be stuck in there.

Loved how the dad showed up at the end even though all my theories as to where he had gone went out the window. So what truth is he trying to find out? What killed his wife? Why would that cause him to be away from his sons.

So, I loved the episode but I can't help but feel that TPTB are giving us too much too soon. Aren't they gonna run out of back story? It will be interesting to see what new twists they can come up with to keep the show going.

Okay I'm done for now.
                    Andromeda Fate
                    Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                    "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                    "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                    "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                    "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

I like this ep. the best so far it's the most exciting one yet, I liked Missouri the actress that plays her I have heard her voice before she was also on the PJ's and seen her some other good movies and shows but I don't remember what and it would be nice to see missouri and their father again.
                      Sig coming soon. Member since 2005 and still no sig coming even in 2015 or 2016.

Comment

Okay, I finally figured out what the heck was bugging me so bad about this episode and the Dean whumping. Normally I would have loved the Dean bashing but somehow it didn't fit right.

This episode should have been about Dean. Dean was the one who was so angsty at the beginning in calling his dad and saying he didn't know what to do. He was the one who didn't want to ever go back. He was the one who was so adamant about no one else dying in that house. He is the one with all the horrible memories about that house and his mom while Sam doesn't even remember that house at all. As much as I loved the new developments about Sam it should have been done in a different episode.

After the original angsty moments Dean was shunted aside. His issues with the house just dissolved but you never got to see them resolved. It would have added so much depth if they would have done it more from his point of view and his anxiety about the house etc.

Does anybody know if the writers have done other shows? They kind of seem like amateurs. They come so close to developing a good story and just miss the mark. They seem inconsistent. (and yet still I watch, I know.) And it was a good episode. Better than the others.
                        Andromeda Fate
                        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
                        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
                        "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
                        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
                        "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

That's a good point about Dean and I think you're right. A lot of spotlight time is already spent on Sam. He's the "normal" one, the hook, the one the audience is supposed to identify with.

But Dean was really upset. He has his own demons hunting him and they're tied to that house. He swore never to return, it would have been nice to see more of that. *sigh*

As for TPTB... I think it's John Shiban's baby. And he wrote some of the most appallingly bad, stereotypical eps of X-Files back in the day. Or I thought they were bad, anyway. I know I recognize some of the other names as being XF alumni, but I wouldn't necessarily call them the good ones.

Comment

That's a good point about Dean and I think you're right. A lot of spotlight time is already spent on Sam. He's the "normal" one, the hook, the one the audience is supposed to identify with.

But Dean was really upset. He has his own demons hunting him and they're tied to that house. He swore never to return, it would have been nice to see more of that. *sigh*

As for TPTB... I think it's John Shiban's baby. And he wrote some of the most appallingly bad, stereotypical eps of X-Files back in the day. Or I thought they were bad, anyway. I know I recognize some of the other names as being XF alumni, but I wouldn't necessarily call them the good ones.
                            I agree...we need more Dean exploration. We know, for the most part, what Sam's demons are...and next week it looks like he gets in touch with his inner demon! However, Dean has always seemed to be the stable, go getter guy...until last week. The writers need to explore this area more!
                            sigpic

Comment

Man I love this show. Next to Smallville, the best show on the WB, at least IMO. Tonight's episode was pretty sweet. I really liked how the
                              Spoiler:
                              mental patient spirits weren't the bad ones
                              . I look forward to every Tuesday night because of this show. I hope it has a long life. Also, I can't wait to see where things are heading with Sam's abilities. One more thing,
                              Spoiler:
                              I wonder what's going to happen now that their Dad has made contact with them?
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I just wish all this angsting would actually GO somewhere. We keep seeing eps where the brothers are forced to admit the dark, petty things they keep locked inside them, but we never see them DEAL with it. They always push it aside, brush it away, and go on to something else.

I dunno about you, but if I were Dean, I'd be having some serious issues with myself about the fact that my brother pulled the trigger, fully intending to blow my head off. Under outside influence or not, that would still eat at me- the fact that deep down, SOMETHING had to have motivated him to do that.

And didn't doppel Dean have some awful things to say to Sam a couple weeks back, too? We keep getting these glimpses. I want them to add up. Fast.

Y'know... why Sam is the King of Angst, I think Dean is the one who has deeper levels of trauma and personal issues. He just buries it deep. I want to see more of his vulnerable side. Not to the point where he gets all wishy washy, but just a glimpse inside...

Comment

Working...
                                X