Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
    You think? I'm not so sure...
    Well it will for me anyway, I have a s*** load of work to do in the next few months.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
      Well it will for me anyway, I have a s*** load of work to do in the next few months.
      Now there's a silver lining - I guess?

Anyway, I sure hope it won't keep you from bringing us all those wonderful spoilers....

sigpic
      Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Comment

Ah, same here. At least the first two months will be away in an instant.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

It will fly by.
          That it will!

You think? I'm not so sure...
          I know it sounds far away...but before you know it...it'll be here. I can't believe we're over half way finished with 2010 already!!!

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
          I eagerly await Sept. 24th, for both the Supernatural and Smallville premieres.
          As will I!
          sigpic

Comment

Woo-hoo!! New Supernatural magazine in my mailbox today!

Comment

Now there's a silver lining - I guess?

Anyway, I sure hope it won't keep you from bringing us all those wonderful spoilers....
              I'll still be here, may not be as detailed as last year, but only time will tell

Comment

I'll still be here, may not be as detailed as last year, but only time will tell
                That's good news indeed.

sigpic

Comment

Mark Pellegrino joins Being Human

Deadline is reporting that actor Mark Pellegrino has been cast in the US remake of Being Human.

Pellegrino is known for his roles as Jacob in Lost and Lucifer in Supernatural. He joins a cast that includes former Smallville baddie Sam Witwer as vampire Aidan, Meaghan Rath as Molly the ghost, and Sam Huntington as werewolf Josh. Pellegrino will play Bishop, a charismatic yet menacing mentor to Aidan. SyFy has commissioned the series, which is a remake of the hit UK show of the same name, from the BBC.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/525...ns-being-human

Comment

Mark Pellegrino joins Being Human

Deadline is reporting that actor Mark Pellegrino has been cast in the US remake of Being Human.

Pellegrino is known for his roles as Jacob in Lost and Lucifer in Supernatural. He joins a cast that includes former Smallville baddie Sam Witwer as vampire Aidan, Meaghan Rath as Molly the ghost, and Sam Huntington as werewolf Josh. Pellegrino will play Bishop, a charismatic yet menacing mentor to Aidan. SyFy has commissioned the series, which is a remake of the hit UK show of the same name, from the BBC.

http://totalscifionline.com/news/525...ns-being-human
                    Nice...thanks
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                      Nice...thanks
                      Yeah, good for him.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

So what was up with that Chuck guy? I'm guessing he was more than a mere Prophet. I guess we're suppose to assume he was God right?

Comment

Originally posted by boyd22 View Post
                          So what was up with that Chuck guy? I'm guessing he was more than a mere Prophet. I guess we're suppose to assume he was God right?
                          Supernatural: Is Chuck Shurley God?

Friday, May 14, 2010
                          John Kubicek

Spoiler:
                          More One of the most shocking parts of the amazing Supernatural season finale came at the end when Chuck, the prophet and author of the Supernatural series of books, finished the Winchesters' story and vanished into thin air. The sudden confusing act left fans with one big question: is Chuck God?

Read My Full Recap of the Season 5 Finale>>

The obvious answer would be yes. Supernatural, according to Castiel, was meant to be the Winchester Gospel, a new New Testament, and since the Bible is the book of God, it's logical that God would be the one writing it. Chuck being God also explains him being dressed in white and magically disappearing at the very end.

As the prophet, Chuck did exactly what God would do: he stayed out of the action as much as he could but nudged Sam and Dean in the right direction when they needed a little help. And Gabriel already proved that angels and most likely other Heavenly creatures could assume alternative identities on Earth.

Chuck being God would also make his first appearance in season 4's "The Monster at the End of This Book" even more important. When he learns that his characters have come to life, one of his first thoughts is that he's a god, which Dean quickly dismisses.

It's also worth noting that upon learning he was a prophet, Chuck thought writing himself into his own story in such a key role was "M. Night level douchiness." Either he was being ironic or Eric Kripke, creator of Supernatural, didn't mind that writing the author of Supernatural as God was even douchier.

But ignoring those tiny quibbles, I like to think that Chuck's disappearing act makes him God, and that's a good thing in my book. Supernatural's conception of God seems as good as any, a silent observer who only gets involved when he absolutely has to.

Source: buddytv
                          Last edited by LtColCarter; 12 July 2010, 08:32 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Aren't we still spoiler-ing season 5 stuff in here?
                            Spoiler:

One of my two major annoyances with Swan Song, actually. Is Chuck God, or not? Because if he is, they just undermined a very cool character for me. For ME (my opinion only, my opinion only, don't hurt me! ), it ruins all his previous appearances if he was just faking all his reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                              Spoiler:

One of my two major annoyances with Swan Song, actually. Is Chuck God, or not? Because if he is, they just undermined a very cool character for me. For ME (my opinion only, my opinion only, don't hurt me! ), it ruins all his previous appearances if he was just faking all his reactions.
                              IDK if we are or not. I figured since the season ended almost 2 months ago...that it'd be safe. But I went back and added the tags.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                                Spoiler:

I just re-watched Lazarus Rising and The Monster at the End of this Book, and I was watching the introduction of Chuch's character very closely, knowing what we know now. There were a few things I noticed.
                                Spoiler:
                                - Chuck admits that he didn't see Dean coming to drag him to the 'Red' motel. And he mentioned Sam and Lilith sinking 'into the throes of demonic passion'. So in spite of Cas' insistence that whatever the prophet wrote will come to pass, there were changes to the script. Which only God could have made.
                                - Chuck's conversation with Sam in the motel room had always felt a bit off to me. His understanding and almost fatherly advice to Sam didn't quite gel with the seedy character. So another hint that there may have been more to Chuck than met the eye at first.
                                - Chuck actually said it himself, that if he was able to see all those things he must 'obviously' be a God. Guess Dean shouldn't have dismissed this so readily.

Something else that goes further back, to ep 5.01. Castiel told Dean that he thought Dean was one of those 'special' people who could behold an angel without their eyes burning out. From what we were told, it seems that this only applies to vessels. So why wasn't Dean immune? Could it be that God had intended to use Adam for Michael's 'meat suit' from the very start? That it was actually Dean's destiny to play the 'wild card' in this endgame, rather than fighting Sam to the death?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X