Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uberdork7898 View Post
    Ooh. Both of the books sound good. I'll have to find myself a copy. I can't wait til the 2nd season DVDs, especially for the blooper reel and the commentaries.
    It will indeed be a blessed day when that DVD set finally arrives in the mail.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

There's SN books?! Wow need to look them up.

Found some SN smiles you might like - Dean
      Sam and the link to Myn-M's album is - http://s210.photobucket.com/albums/b.../Supernatural/
      They also have a thread in Stargate Fandom here and do requests - an Impala smile anyone? lol.

There's special features on the S2 DVDs? How exciting! Looking forward to that.
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for the Sig and Avi!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
        I've heard mixed reviews about "Nevermore". I got my hands on a copy recently but I have yet to read it.

There's also "The Supernatural Book of Monsters, Spirits, Demons, and Ghouls" to look forward to in September. It actually looks pretty cool.
        There's a review for it here.
        My copy of "Nevermore" just arrived yesterday. I've got the first few chapters read and it's a pretty good book so far.

Thanks for the link! I'm looking forward to getting that book too... sounds pretty cool

Yep, will be a great day when the S2 DVDs are released. I've heard there are some great extras on it, especially as far as the blooper reel is concerned. I read an article not long ago about some bits from it that were shared at ComicCon. I can't remember where I found the article, but it did sound promising

Actually... they give a preview of the blooper reel at that same LJ community (the supernatural_tv one)... just found this

Hey H_Louise... I think you should be able to find the SN books at Amazon. I got my copy of "Nevermore" from this site. I've visited Myn's thread a few times but I must have missed the Dean and Sam smilies... those are cute
        Last edited by JessM; 25 August 2007, 04:15 PM.

Comment

I saw a magazine the other day that's supposedly the first in a series...comic book based on life before the show. I was a bit shocked, to say the least, but did not find it to my liking. Oh well.

Wait, wait

Spoiler:
          A Christmas episode with evil Santa? HAHAHA. I would not be disagreeable to killer Christmas trees either, however I would prefer they didn't read down that path.

Comment

Oooh....killer christmas trees and evil santas? Sounds like the christmas special of doctor who the other year. Hehe.
            sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

LOL... I was just saying that the other day!

As for the "prequel" comic books, I believe that series is called Origins. I'm not a huge comic book collector anymore, but I've been thinking of checking those out. I've heard good things about the art. That link I posted (the supernaturalstore.com one) has them for sale.

There's also supposed to be a Supernatural magazine being released soon. At first I heard September, then November, now I'm not too sure when.

Comment

I guess I could give the comic another go, but it bemused me to say the least.

As to the Christmas thing, I'd love Dean to make one of those amusing one liners about Dr Who.

Comment

Oh yes, just one "sonic screwdriver" reference

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                    Oh yes, just one "sonic screwdriver" reference
                    ...hehe why is it I'm suddenly more excited than I was a few hours ago?? Or maybe they could kill the Santa with a screwdriver. Now THAT would be amusing...

Comment

I haven't read the comics myself, but I've read some very scathing reviews about it. Mostly the timeline doesn't make sense and the plots are so-so. Continuity is questionable.

So, taking that in, I'm glad it's not being embraced by fandom as canon (though I think it is supposed to be) because I'm just not a big comic fan and I'm glad I don't feel pressured to read it.

On another note, apparently SOME folks got their DVDs early, lucky people.. here's a youtube upload of the gag reel (not sure if it's the whole thing) by LauraTX1. There are two clips.

Comment

I'm hoping that the season 2 boxset will be there on the shelf in my local store on September 11th! I was quite impressed that they had the Stargate season 10 boxset on the shelf on the day it was released.

Roll on October 4th! It will be good to have the boys back, winter is not such a bad time after all now!

Comment

I agree. I can't wait til Season 2 comes out. You can bet on me being at my local Target, ready to buy it.
                          sigpic

Sig by SamJackShipLover! Thanks!

Thanks to Vanity_killsxxx on LJ for my profile pic!

Comment

Love those blooper clips. I heard about that Best Buy who released the S2 DVDs early. Wow, what luck... I hope mine gets them in on time. They're notorious for not having new releases in until a week or two later.

I heard that when S1 was released last year, the ones sold in Best Buy came with a free DVD (Jensen and Jared at the Paley Festival I believe). I wonder if they'll have a similar promotion this time around? Guess we should just wait and see...

Comment

I got the first half of season 2, although in europe they screwed up the releases, season 1 doesn't have extra's, and season 2 (at least the first half) only has deleted scenes, maybe they put the rest of the extra's on the second volume, but I'm not so hopefull seeing they didn't do that with season 1, did see the bloopers and ''day in the life...'' on youtube though

Comment

I heard they left the extras off the region 2 set... that stinks It's good that there's still a way to view them though. I hope that the second part of S2 has them.

Comment

Working...
                                X