Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
    To which Dean's response would be, "It's official, I'm in Hell."
    LMAO! Definitely a fitting Dean response.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I personally hope they do not introduce a main bad guy next season. If anything what I would love to see happen next season is obviously Sam will have to deal with his demon problem & getting Dean out of that deal & in the process kill more bad guys & I honestly dont think Supernatural will be renewed after next season it would have to get very lucky. So I hope they use next Season to tie up loose ends & do two different endings. The first ending would be an ending fitting to the show & maybe do somewhere where the Winchester Brothers find a way to kill all demons for good. The second ending (if it gets renewed) have the devil himself come up to Earth to deal with the Winchester Brothers for making Hell look bad If also love to see Supernaturals take on Dracula.
      Last edited by Starxgate; 19 May 2007, 08:24 PM.

Comment

To which Dean's response would be, "It's official, I'm in Hell."
        HEY! I like that song!
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          HEY! I like that song!
          Fortunately, Dean has better taste than you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
            I personally hope they do not introduce a main bad guy next season. If anything what I would love to see happen next season is obviously Sam will have to deal with his demon problem & getting Dean out of that deal & in the process kill more bad guys & I honestly dont think Supernatural will be renewed after next season it would have to get very lucky. So I hope they use next Season to tie up loose ends & do two different endings. The first ending would be an ending fitting to the show & maybe do somewhere where the Winchester Brothers find a way to kill all demons for good. The second ending (if it gets renewed) have the devil himself come up to Earth to deal with the Winchester Brothers for making Hell look bad If also love to see Supernaturals take on Dracula.
            I think Supernatural has a very good chance of making it past next season. It the CW is smart, that is. They have a hell of a good show on their hands, especially if next season may be it for Smallville.
            sigpic
            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I wouldn't want an ending where all demons were banished forever. Where's the fun in that? I'd rather have some kind of wrap-up, but leave it wide open for them to continue hunting. Kinda like the way it worked this season. Even if we never see another ep, at least there'd be the knowledge that the boys are still out there doing what they do best: hunting demons and saving lives.

While there's a certain curiosity factor in "what would they do if they didn't have to hunt anymore?" I'd rather not see it explored because I think the answer would ruin some of the magic. And as for ending on that note... all my imaginings are pretty miserable. I'd rather walk away with happier thoughts.

Comment

Fortunately, Dean has better taste than you do.
                HEY! i resemble that remark! hehe
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I wouldn't want an ending where all demons were banished forever. Where's the fun in that? I'd rather have some kind of wrap-up, but leave it wide open for them to continue hunting. Kinda like the way it worked this season. Even if we never see another ep, at least there'd be the knowledge that the boys are still out there doing what they do best: hunting demons and saving lives.

While there's a certain curiosity factor in "what would they do if they didn't have to hunt anymore?" I'd rather not see it explored because I think the answer would ruin some of the magic. And as for ending on that note... all my imaginings are pretty miserable. I'd rather walk away with happier thoughts.
                  When the show does end, hopefully long from now, I'd like that kind of ending as well. One that wraps up important story-lines, but leaves room for more to still be going on. The two of them are Hunters. That's what they are now, what they do. I want the show to end like that. Them still hunting, protecting the innocent.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

you sure it just can't last forever?
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Being unbelievably bored, so replying to practically every post...

ooo brilliant can i pick the song!? 'horse with no name'
                      Ahh!! Oh man, I *love* that song! I went through a phase a few years back where I listened to it almost daily and sung along. It's just so.. catchy.
                      Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
                      I personally hope they do not introduce a main bad guy next season. If anything what I would love to see happen next season is obviously Sam will have to deal with his demon problem & getting Dean out of that deal & in the process kill more bad guys
                      I wouldn't mind another main villain to take over YED's spot. Although I think it's a fair assumption that we'll definitely get to see Sam deal with all those things you listed. I just wonder what Dean will be doing, aside the usual hunts. I love Dean for doing what he did, and it's a great setup to explore him as a character.. but arc-wise, since he can't actively seek a way out of it himself, that doesn't leave him much to do.
                      I honestly dont think Supernatural will be renewed after next season it would have to get very lucky.
                      Well, a year is a long time.. And like Fifth Man said, it might be the end of Smallville next year and I believe that might play a part in Supernatural's renewal. Given that we're staying put on Thursday with the SAME competition, plus the addition of The Office moving to the 9pm timeslot, I honestly don't know how that will affect the ratings. On the other hand, now that VM FINALLY bit the dust, the promo department might finally spare some thoughts to this show and give it a decent promotion. Hopefully anyway.
                      Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I think Supernatural has a very good chance of making it past next season. It the CW is smart, that is. They have a hell of a good show on their hands, especially if next season may be it for Smallville.
                      I think if our numbers stay consistent, we'll get another year. Plus, summer repeats might bring in new viewers who didn't give the show a chance due to Grey's and CSI. Again, hopefully.

I wouldn't want an ending where all demons were banished forever. Where's the fun in that? I'd rather have some kind of wrap-up, but leave it wide open for them to continue hunting. Kinda like the way it worked this season.
                      I think this season's finale would have worked well as a series finale, too. It tied up enough threads to leave me a feeling of satisfaction (except they never explained the damn amulet! ARGH!) but left it open ended that, should the series have ended, they left it to our imagination with what the boys would do next. As it is, I think the ending did a fantastic job of setting up for next season.
                      Oh, I've thought about the end myself. I always picture them finishing up a big job, vanquishing a deadly enemy, then them having a quiet moment by the car.. Sam explaining his desire to return to a normal life, Dean accepting it with a smile and a quiet sadness.. and they part ways. It tears my heart to pieces when I think about this scenario (maybe that's why I love it so much) but I think the writers probably will have the boys go out in a blaze of glory. Jared said that's what he wanted for his character anyway, in an interview.

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      When the show does end, hopefully long from now, I'd like that kind of ending as well. One that wraps up important story-lines, but leaves room for more to still be going on. The two of them are Hunters. That's what they are now, what they do. I want the show to end like that. Them still hunting, protecting the innocent.
                      I can see Dean continuing on with the hunt, but Sam, as of right now, I see him wanting to revert back to a normal life. But I'm saying as of now.. who knows how his character will change and evolve in the future?

you sure it just can't last forever?
                      Man.. I wish! But that's what fanfics are for, right?

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily View Post
                        It's not the official theme song, I don't think.. just.. fans get excited by it
                        For me 'Back In Black' and Highway To Hell' are the unofficial theme songs to the show (they both fit with the car so well!) and Wayward Son is Dean's song.
                        sigpic
                        by Kaaatie

Comment

& I honestly dont think Supernatural will be renewed after next season it would have to get very lucky
                          Just because it scored under 3 million for the finale doesn't mean it's doomed next season. It was against every season finale in the time slot. Calm down. It averaged over 3 million in the toughest timeslot on tv. The network doesn't have anything else to put there.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                            For me 'Back In Black' and Highway To Hell' are the unofficial theme songs to the show (they both fit with the car so well!) and Wayward Son is Dean's song.
                            got to agree there
                            Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
                              Just because it scored under 3 million for the finale doesn't mean it's doomed next season. It was against every season finale in the time slot. Calm down. It averaged over 3 million in the toughest timeslot on tv. The network doesn't have anything else to put there.
                              I agree with this. Considering what it was up against, SPN has done very well. I would think that the CW knows that and it's why SPN remains in that slot on Thursday's. There's just no way a sci-fi/paranormal genre show is going to win against a broader based main network show that is a big hit, and CSI and Grey's are huge powerhouses.

I think the show has a very good shot at making it to 5 seasons.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IWantToBelieve View Post
                                I agree with this. Considering what it was up against, SPN has done very well. I would think that the CW knows that and it's why SPN remains in that slot on Thursday's. There's just no way a sci-fi/paranormal genre show is going to win against a broader based main network show that is a big hit, and CSI and Grey's are huge powerhouses.

I think the show has a very good shot at making it to 5 seasons.
                                can i add a....GADS I HOPE SO!? WHOOT!
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X