Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
    *attempts not to have an extreme fangirl moment and fails* Angsty dean is so freaking lovely ...hehe sorry about the gushing.
    Oh, I so agree with that. Supernatural, or more accurately, Dean, taught me to like angst. I was an angst-phobe before I started watching this show, but now I totally understand the appeal, when it's done correctly. I just don't want them to overuse JA's remarkable talent in expressing those deeply buried emotions that we start to take them for granted.

I'll now make an analogy with what I'm trying to say to.. hmm.. oh, CHOCOLATE! They're GOOD and you get a sinful pleasure from it, but overindulgence will only make you appreciate it less, and make your tummy ache. Perhaps not the tummy part.

I don't know what I'm saying, it's just another midnight ramble from me. 'Nite folks!

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

I agree-it was a great fight. I guess I can't so easily handwave the continuity issues here though, because it still bothers me how the girl could be in the house but then in the tunnels.
      spoilers just coz im over cautious. Skin S1
      Spoiler:
      Well to help displace that confusion of yours. When the shapeshifter was torturin her it was her in the house. the scene where she is found in the tunnel later by the real dean i presumed was either later that night or the followin evening. the shapeshifter taking her so it could pose as her and get sam. its not thats shes in two places, its just set later. i suppose its quite easy to get confused seen as theres not really much to show the passage of time over than the change of clothes and her being cleaner (ie no longer drippin in blood).

I hope that helps and actually makes sense

Comment

Just as a random aside, has all of the recent hoopla on LiveJournal affected any of the Supernatural fic communities?

I'm way on the outside of this, but from what I understand blogs that "promote" incest and/or rape are being yanked and since I know Sam/Dean fic is the heavy favorite of the SPN fandom, I was curious.

Cleolinda has a few things to say on her blog, as well as some links to stories if anyone's interested.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
          Just as a random aside, has all of the recent hoopla on LiveJournal affected any of the Supernatural fic communities?

I'm way on the outside of this, but from what I understand blogs that "promote" incest and/or rape are being yanked and since I know Sam/Dean fic is the heavy favorite of the SPN fandom, I was curious.

Cleolinda has a few things to say on her blog, as well as some links to stories if anyone's interested.
          i heard one person's rant about it.. i really have no idea what's going.. but i haven't noticed and SPN things missing..so far
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

bugs is my least favourtie spn.. i think i 've only watched it once.. but i blame my phobia for that

killder have you watched 'Home' yet?

welcome MB
            I don't think I've seen the SPN ep, Home, yet. Besides the obvious SGA ep, my mind always goes to The X-Files ep,
            Spoiler:
            with the in-bred Peacock family.
            One of the most disturbing shows I've ever seen. Poor Andy!

Don't think I should watch shows named Home. Just wrong, wrong, wrong!

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
            O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

*hums Wonderful! Wonderful!*

Comment

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
                I don't think I've seen the SPN ep, Home, yet. Besides the obvious SGA ep, my mind always goes to The X-Files ep,
                Spoiler:
                with the in-bred Peacock family.
                One of the most disturbing shows I've ever seen. Poor Andy!

Don't think I should watch shows named Home. Just wrong, wrong, wrong!
                Well, this "Home" episode is definitely worth checking out. It's one of my favorites from Season 1.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

i heard one person's rant about it.. i really have no idea what's going.. but i haven't noticed and SPN things missing..so far
                  I really don't like Wincest (more on character related grounds and how it ruins and completely misses one of the best parts of the show for me than anything else) so I don't go around those areas. From what I've seen though nothing has been deleted. Honestly there is some major overreaction going on about the whole thing - some people have been deleted innocently but they'll be reinstated. Quite frankly some of the fic they've deleted should probably stay deleted because it borders on the wrong side of disturbing...Poor handled but not the end of the world as some people seemed to believe.
                  sigpic
                  by Kaaatie

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Well, this "Home" episode is definitely worth checking out. It's one of my favorites from Season 1.
                    Good enough for me! I'll see if I can borrow the DVDs from my sister.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
                    O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by doylefan22 View Post
                      I really don't like Wincest (more on character related grounds and how it ruins and completely misses one of the best parts of the show for me than anything else) so I don't go around those areas. From what I've seen though nothing has been deleted. Honestly there is some major overreaction going on about the whole thing - some people have been deleted innocently but they'll be reinstated. Quite frankly some of the fic they've deleted should probably stay deleted because it borders on the wrong side of disturbing...Poor handled but not the end of the world as some people seemed to believe.
                      ahh that explains it then i don't really read Wincest either
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Hi all, I'm new to this thread and a fairly new-ish Supernatural fan. My mom was always into the show and I was curious about it so I started watching as well. I didn't watch faithfully until the middle of S2. I just got the S1 DVD set and have been catching up watching that (just made it through over half of the season and plan to finish it this weekend) as well as reruns from early S2.

In catching up I thought it was pretty cool seeing actors who'd played recurring or one-time characters on SG, i.e. Kevin McNulty (Dr. Warner), William B. Davis (the Prior in The Fourth Horseman), Garwin Sanford and of course Teryl Rothery. I know it makes sense given where this show is filmed...I just thought it was kinda fun spotting those actors.

Anyway, ITA with everyone who loved All Hell Breaks Loose, Part 2. I enjoyed it and I can't wait to see what season 3 has in store.

Comment

welcome
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                              Thanks!
                              I second the welcome. The more Supernatural fans here the merrier.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

hihi! More Stargate converts

I didn't recognize those people you named, except Teryl, of course. And I recognized Siler in "Bloody Mary"! Unfortunately, he didn't get to say anything except looked.. bewildered. I don't know, that's what he looked like to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X