Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Supernatural : General Discussion/Appreciation (Spoiler Tags req for S15)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much would I LOVE IT if Jo were voluntarily darkside? That would KICK @SS. She's just too cute to be taken seriously. I expect her to giggle and flip her hair like a high schooler. Webber was a "special kid" but the demon obviously didn't take out his adoptive mother like he did Andy's. Maybe a "special child" who's already got a predisposition towards evil is left alone, like Webber. "Good" children like Sam and Rosie et al get a push towards evil by denying them their emotional ties (Mary, Jessica, John, Max's mother, Rosie's mother almost). It pushed Max over the edge. How much would I love it if Jo were an evil person? I would adore it.

Comment

I'm also thinking Jo could be one of the "special" kids, hence mama wossname demanding details from Sam & Dean about the whole situation.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
        I'm also thinking Jo could be one of the "special" kids, hence mama wossname demanding details from Sam & Dean about the whole situation.
        Ooooo, now that would be interesting. Lets see hmmm.... what could her power be? Maybe she'll be some sort of seductress and thats why roadhouse mama keeps her on a short leash.
        Andromeda Fate
        Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
        "In my culture, I would be well within my rights to dismember you" - Teal'c
        "Go suck a lemon!" - Carter
        "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle
        "I hope your apple pie is frickin' worth it!" - Supernatural

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
          How much would I LOVE IT if Jo were voluntarily darkside? That would KICK @SS. She's just too cute to be taken seriously. I expect her to giggle and flip her hair like a high schooler. Webber was a "special kid" but the demon obviously didn't take out his adoptive mother like he did Andy's. Maybe a "special child" who's already got a predisposition towards evil is left alone, like Webber. "Good" children like Sam and Rosie et al get a push towards evil by denying them their emotional ties (Mary, Jessica, John, Max's mother, Rosie's mother almost). It pushed Max over the edge. How much would I love it if Jo were an evil person? I would adore it.
          You know, they should do another ep about Rosie and her family. I mean, after the demon is thwarted once does he just give up? Does the mother have to be killed when the baby is six months old or what?
          Andromeda Fate
          Something you need to ask yourself everyday, with every decision - WWMD "What Would McKay Do?"
          "Like everyone else, I lived in a house bricked up with seconds and minutes, weekends and New Year's Days, and I never went outside until I died, because there was no other door. Now I know that I could have walked through the walls." - Peter S. Beagle

Comment

I imagine the demon can keep an eye on the kids of his choice. He knew that Jessica was obviously going to take the major role in Sam's life if she accepted his proposal, so he got rid of her. Of course, reference has been made by John to the demon possibly having gone into hibernation for 22 years. Nobody knows.

Ahhhhh, now here's official confirmation of the "break your heart into a million pieces" spoiler from episode 8, "Crossroads Blues," that I was expecting. A twist on the traditional Faustian bargain.

From www.spoilerfix.com

Spoiler:
            new 10/28 - When two highly successful professionals die after claiming to be haunted by hellhounds, Sam and Dean investigate the local dive bar and discover it sits upon a site where a deal-making demon has been making people's dreams come true in exchange for their souls. Dean summons the demon to exorcise it but is horrified after it reveals the painful truth about John's death and tempts Dean by offering him the one thing he wants more than anything - his father.

Not fame. 10 years of being with his father again. John didn't just give his life for Dean. He sold his soul. He's in hell. This is the ep where the sides at nowcasting.com had the female demon who was going to have sex with Dean in the Impala saying, "You should hear the noises he makes, Dean. He can't even scream....."

Oh, Dean.

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin View Post
              I imagine the demon can keep an eye on the kids of his choice. He knew that Jessica was obviously going to take the major role in Sam's life if she accepted his proposal, so he got rid of her. Of course, reference has been made by John to the demon possibly having gone into hibernation for 22 years. Nobody knows.

Ahhhhh, now here's official confirmation of the "break your heart into a million pieces" spoiler from episode 8, "Crossroads Blues," that I was expecting. A twist on the traditional Faustian bargain.

From www.spoilerfix.com

Spoiler:
              new 10/28 - When two highly successful professionals die after claiming to be haunted by hellhounds, Sam and Dean investigate the local dive bar and discover it sits upon a site where a deal-making demon has been making people's dreams come true in exchange for their souls. Dean summons the demon to exorcise it but is horrified after it reveals the painful truth about John's death and tempts Dean by offering him the one thing he wants more than anything - his father.

Not fame. 10 years of being with his father again. John didn't just give his life for Dean. He sold his soul. He's in hell. This is the ep where the sides at nowcasting.com had the female demon who was going to have sex with Dean in the Impala saying, "You should hear the noises he makes, Dean. He can't even scream....."

Oh, Dean.

That episode should be something else. I am highly anticipating how that plays out.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

OMG! That opening summary thing! I think...

Spoiler:
                I think Jo is Sam's & Dean's SISTER! Or half sister anyway. That whole "Do you think Dad had a thing with [the mom]?" and then Jo's comment about her dad being a hunter...

Comment

OMG! That opening summary thing! I think...

Spoiler:
                  I think Jo is Sam's & Dean's SISTER! Or half sister anyway. That whole "Do you think Dad had a thing with [the mom]?" and then Jo's comment about her dad being a hunter...
                  Weeeelll...
                  Spoiler:
                  Given the way that Dean has been looking at Jo and vice versa it would be a bit squicky if she were. Although if she were then that would mean they wouldn't be hooking up so YAY! I've got nothing against Meg...er... I mean Jo but the show is better without the extraneous love interests. IMO

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Squicky? Maybe, but it's a classic sneak tactic. I dunno, given conversations I could be WILDLY off base, but... It's an idea, anyway. A wonderful AWFUL idea! *grins grinchily*

Comment

well, now that the show's over, me know that's not it..

Spoiler:
                      as soon as Dean promised to bring Jo back and Ellen said "that's not the first time i've heard that from a Winchester" (or w/e she said exactly) i knew what had happened.. when they finally said at the end that John was responsible for her Dad's death, i was like.. haha, i knew it! though, now I'm hoping we see less of Jo.. it was nice to have that tension b/t her and Dean for a bit, but I don't really want it on going..
                      OrangeSwirl

My Graphix LJ || scifi_abc

Comment

*sigh* It was a fun idea while it lasted.

So-so on the ep. I think I'm hampered by the problem that I don't really like Jo.

Comment

*sigh* It was a fun idea while it lasted.

So-so on the ep. I think I'm hampered by the problem that I don't really like Jo.
                          haha, same here.. but i think it has more to do with the fact we want dean single and available, as it helps with the fanticising.. well, that and Jo is just.. odd..
                          OrangeSwirl

Comment

Wow, was that a major disappointment or what? Gosh, I thought it was going to be a fascinating episode about HH Holmes, notorious serial killer, not Jo the teenaged brat. If that Nancy Drew wannabe shows up again I may blow a gasket. Could she be any more perky? Watching her character while I have PMS made me want to reach through the screen and throttle her. If I didn't read spoilers and didn't know that she was going to be gone for a good long time, I'd consider not tuning in for awhile.

ANNOYING. BRAT. I'm so glad that Sam was written out of the episode to accomodate the non-chemistry between Jo and Dean. I've always wanted him to romance a teenager. I get creepy Lana Lang with peroxide vibes from her. This show does not need a Lana Lang. Sorry. Ash is fine. Ellen kicks ass. Want Bobby back. Can't stand Jo. She's run her course. Now send her to college far far away.

Comment

LOL! I think its funny that none of you guys like Jo. She's really starting to grow on me. I like how her and Dean got on each others nerves and I especially liked her line "this may not make you feel any better but...I'm here to rescue you."
                              As for her being like Lana Lang I HATE! Lana Lang because she's always into everybody's buisness whereas I think Jo has the attitude that you fight your battles and I'll fight mine. But don't get me wrong, I don't want to see her in every episode and I don't think that I want her and Dean to have a relationship.
                              Incidentally here is something Eric Kripke said in a recent interview

"While we're on the subject of the roadhouse characters, and of any potential romance with them, I do want to say to all the fans: Don't worry. We read the boards, we pay attention, and we take your concerns seriously. As I've said before, we gotta keep trying new things, but we're not going to pursue anything on the show that's not working."

a bit ambiguous but I think we get the point that they won't pursue a relationship if the fans don't want it
                              Andromeda Fate

Comment

Originally posted by andromeda_fate View Post
                                Incidentally here is something Eric Kripke said in a recent interview

"While we're on the subject of the roadhouse characters, and of any potential romance with them, I do want to say to all the fans: Don't worry. We read the boards, we pay attention, and we take your concerns seriously. As I've said before, we gotta keep trying new things, but we're not going to pursue anything on the show that's not working."
                                haha, i was just gonna post that.. so yeah, obviously, Jo isn't getting a good rep amoung viewers.. and its nice that Kripke recognizes that..
                                OrangeSwirl

Comment

Working...
                                X