Star Wars Rogue One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    Yea i saw that when i looked his character up.. Wonder how they explain how good he is in a fight being blind.. or will it be some mystical mojo..

God The Force works in mysterious ways. I liked the whole Ip Man IN SPACE!!! thing This movie can't come soon enough >.>
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome trailer. The new views of the Death Star are stunning, especially when it eclipses the planet's sun. That scene alone makes an already terrifying weapon even more sinister.
      I'm really curious to see what kind of role Vader will play in the film. I'm thinking there's going to be some kind of rivalry between him and the film's main antagonist, Krennic.

Until December...

Comment

Rogue One has been filming now for a while, but the writer situation has been a bit of a revolving door.

Comment

Less than 3 months to go...

Comment

Well, the last trailer is out today, and it looks the best one yet!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Well, the last trailer is out today, and it looks the best one yet!

Here it is, and I echo you, it looks awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post

Here it is, and I echo you, it looks awesome!
                Thanks for posting this, Teddybrown!!
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

My favorite trailer. I shall watch it again before I head out right now!
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Got my tickets booked for Friday! Can't wait!
                    Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Are we gonna have a new thread to actually talk about the film with spoiler info blocked out for those who have not seen it yet??

Comment

just use spoiler tags

Comment

Non-spoiler reviews seem to be quite positive. I am hyped up now.
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed it!

BIG DAMN SPOILERS FOR THE MOVIE WITHIN:
                            Spoiler:
                            I was a bit put off near the beginning just because of it rushing through exposition at the speed of hyperspace, but once it mellowed and was able to start telling its own story I really found myself engaged.

Very exciting to see THE Death Star up there on screen. I was quite looking forward to that, so much so that I actually went and saw the movie in IMAX (I can't even remember the last time I saw an IMAX movie). Part of me (probably the fanboy part) wishes that we could've seen more of it, but I think ultimately they showed just enough to play out the story they were telling, without wasting time unnecessarily.

I liked the characters quite a bit, particularly Chirrut (the blind guy) and Alan Tudyk's droid, K-2SO. I wish the characters had had a little more room for backstory, but I know that just isn't possible to do for 5+ characters in a 90-120 minute film. Maybe the novelization will sate my curiosity.

And yes, I'm bitterly sad that essentially every single new character had to die. I get it--I understand. They don't exist in any future films when they'd be heroes of the Rebellion, so it makes sense that they'd die. But dammit, I just liked them all so much that I didn't want to see it happen!

Really the only part I was disappointed with was that I thought they completely wasted both Forest Whittaker and the Saw Gerrera character. After meeting him in TCW, reading about his Partisans being regarded as terrorists by the time of the novel Bloodline, getting namedropped in Rebels, and then we got maybe 5 minutes before he inexplicably just decided....to die, instead of bugging out with everyone else? Dumb, illogical, inexplicable plot point, IMO.

And hey, let's talk about the elephant in the room: the CGI recreations of Peter Cushing's Grand Moff Tarkin and a young Carrie Fisher/Leia Organa. I am 110% certain that some quarters of fandom will whiiiiine until their keyboards break about how awful and horrendous they are. But me? I think it worked. It wasn't flawless, certainly, but Tarkin was convincing and believable in my books, and the back-and-forth between Krennic and Tarkin was acted and edited together masterfully, I thought.

Short, spoiler-free version? I've only been home from the movies for less than an hour, and I'm ready to go see it again.

Oh, and without spoiling anything...
                            1) Watch for the reused/repurposed footage from ANH. It's seamless and works brilliantly.
                            2) Keep an ear out for the reference to Rebels
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

For those who HAVE seen it, is the 3d version worth the extra cash?

Comment

I haven't seen this yet, but I did see TFA in 3D, and I enjoyed it. 3D has come a long way since the early efforts.

Comment

Working...
                                X