No announcement yet.

Star Wars Rogue One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am just hoping they don't pull the "We have to explain every little detail" schtick again in this. And I am hoping the man female lead this time won't be another Mary "Rey" sue type.

I wonder if she will be the Force User on the team?
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

Comment

I certainly hope not. Heck i would be ok if they didn't even HAVE a force user in the entire film (other than maybe vader showing up)..

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
        How has this not been posted yet?

So excited for this new non-George-Lucas series of Star Wars.
        Thanks for posting this, Morbo.

TFA didn't really have me sold on Disney Wars but this one looks like it could pull me back in.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          I am just hoping they don't pull the "We have to explain every little detail" schtick again in this. And I am hoping the man female lead this time won't be another Mary "Rey" sue type.

I wonder if she will be the Force User on the team?
          Didnt they say this film wouldnt have any force users? I could be wrong though...

Comment

Yeah notice how there weren't any lightsabers in the entire trailer.
            This isn't about the Jedi, it's about the rebel alliance - because there weren't any Jedi remaining that anyone knew about.
            It's possible there were Force sensitive people there, but, for the most part, this is just normal folks rebelling.

Comment

Im actually really looking forward to this one probably more so than i was looking forward to TFA before TFA came out always thought this would make a good movie
              Last edited by mr_kennedy; 15 April 2016, 05:19 PM.
              Last Movie Watched
              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
              Life is Strange

Comment

Honestly, it makes sense for Disney to ignore most of hte stuff over the past few decades....not because it is or isn't good but a royalty issue. They use book characters they have to pay the creators of those characters - even if they were licensed.

If they ignore them all they don't have to pay. Disney paid billions and plans to make tens of billions and they don't wanna share. simple business.

I have star wars books I never read so I'm not deep in the fandom so I can simply enjoy the reboots and not worry too much about canon or the dismissal of canon.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Honestly, it makes sense for Disney to ignore most of hte stuff over the past few decades....not because it is or isn't good but a royalty issue. They use book characters they have to pay the creators of those characters - even if they were licensed.

If they ignore them all they don't have to pay. Disney paid billions and plans to make tens of billions and they don't wanna share. simple business.
                  Interesting, I was under the assumption that anything created by someone under contract or employed by Lucas was now wholly owned by Disney.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I have star wars books I never read so I'm not deep in the fandom so I can simply enjoy the reboots and not worry too much about canon or the dismissal of canon.
                    I doubt it would cost them that much, but seeing as to who we are talking about here. It makes sense.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Star Wars Rumor: Disney Unhappy With Rogue One; Reshoots Ordered [UPDATED]

Now the latest movie rumored to be undergoing studio intervention is Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, this year’s follow up to the staggering success of Star Wars: The Force Awakens. The movie, directed by Gareth Edwards (Godzilla) and starring Felicity Jones (The Theory of Everything) in the lead role, is a prequel set before A New Hope and follows a group of Rebels as they go on a mission to steal the plans for the original Death Star.

According to Page Six‘s sources, Rogue One is currently in “crisis” as Disney’s executives are not happy with the current cut of the movie and have scheduled it for four weeks of “expensive reshoots” starting in July. Page Six‘s source said that Disney feels Edwards’ efforts have “fallen short” of Abrams’ accomplishments with The Force Awakens, and that the studio “won’t take a back seat, and is demanding changes, as the movie isn’t testing well.”

At this point all of this is just rumor, of course, but it’s worth mentioning that Page Six was the first site to break the news that Alden Ehrenreich (Hail Caesar!) had been cast as a young Han Solo in Disney’s next Star Wars “Anthology” film.

Reshoots are a standard practice in Hollywood (The Force Awakens underwent reshoots as well), as they allow directors and studios to tweak a film after seeing the first rough cut of it. On its own the news of Rogue One being set for reshoots, even four weeks of them, is no cause for concern; a Disney source responded to Page Six‘s request for comment by saying that the reshoots had always been expected:

“The filmmaking team and the studio always anticipated additional shooting and second unit work to make the film the absolute best it can be, and the actors were aware there would be additional shooting. Coming off ‘The Force Awakens,’ there’s an incredibly high bar for this movie and we have a responsibility to the franchise and to the fans to deliver the best possible movie we can.”
                      UPDATE: Deadline has now heard from it owns sources that although Rogue One was shown to Disney executives, it has not been shown to any test audiences (The Force Awakens wasn’t shown to any test audiences, either). However, Disney executives did feel that “the first cut was lacking the edge that Force Awakens had and the story needs to jell,” which is why the film’s reshoots are now underway.

UPDATE #2: THR reports that studio execs felt like Rogue One was “tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like,” adding that one source described it as “having the feel of a war movie.” The goal of the reshoots, according to THR, is to “lighten the mood, bring some levity into the story and restore a sense of fun to the adventure.” Some have suggested that the reshoots will be used as an opportunity to introduce Ehrenreich’s version of Han Solo in Rogue One.

The main concern here is the rumor that Disney is unhappy with the current version of the film, and may be trying to wrest some creative control from Edwards’ hands. That is potentially reinforced by the Disney source’s reference to the “incredibly high bar” that Rogue One is expected to meet, and its “responsibility to the franchise” – both of which are indicative of just how much pressure the movie is under.
                      Source: http://screenrant.com/star-wars-rogu...shoots-disney/
                      sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                      ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

The phrases "lighten the mood" and "bring some levity" worry the absolute crap out of me, when we're talking about a movie that's been talked up as a rough, in-the-trenches war film since day one. Judging from statements in the past, Rogue One was supposed to be deliberately not in the same tone as Star Wars films in the past. The idea that they want to "restore a sense of fun to the adventure," is completely at odds with what I've wanted from and been expecting from this movie. A film that's "tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like,” is exactly what I wanted from Rogue One.

This news just smacks of the worst kind of studio interference.

I know I should have more faith, considering they knocked it out of the park with Force Awakens. And as with everyone else I'll have to wait and see. But this alarms me more than a little.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          The phrases "lighten the mood" and "bring some levity" worry the absolute crap out of me, when we're talking about a movie that's been talked up as a rough, in-the-trenches war film since day one.
                          Agreed. I definitely want to see some gritty-violent-kick butt type of action from this one but it is hard for me to associate "Disney" with that. But we can only hope.
                          sigpic

"The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural."
                          ~ Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious

Comment

The phrases "lighten the mood" and "bring some levity" worry the absolute crap out of me, when we're talking about a movie that's been talked up as a rough, in-the-trenches war film since day one. Judging from statements in the past, Rogue One was supposed to be deliberately not in the same tone as Star Wars films in the past. The idea that they want to "restore a sense of fun to the adventure," is completely at odds with what I've wanted from and been expecting from this movie. A film that's "tonally off with what a ‘classic’ Star Wars movie should feel like,” is exactly what I wanted from Rogue One.

I know I should have more faith, considering they knocked it out of the park with Force Awakens. And as with everyone else I'll have to wait and see. But this alarms me more than a little.
                            I agree completely.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

The way I see it. It could be due to what happened with Batman v Superman (which is such a misnomer...should have just called it "Justice League: Dawn of Justice") and decided to "learn" from that "mistake". Or it can be that maybe, just a glimmer of hope maybe, they want some levity like you would occasionally see in the Band of Brothers series...one can hope.

But I am more inclined to share your concerns. Hopefully this is exaggerated...optimism...
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Hey, can anyone confirm if martial artist Donnie Yen and character Cad Bane are going to be in this movie? Cuz I would kill to see Donnie Yen in a lightsaber fight or Cad Bane in live action.

sigpic
                                Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Working...
                                X