No announcement yet.

Star Wars Rogue One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember 1KM for Imperial Star Destroyers from the X-Wing Alliance game. I don't remember how big its Super Star Destroyer was.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
      What is funny is that I always remembered it being 19KM for SSDs, 1.6KM for SDs and 1KM for Venators and Accalamtors. I dont ever remebmer them being smaller {the SSDs}
      When did you get into starwars??? I've been into it since 78, and the RPG since 89/90 when it came out, and till around 2002/3 it was always 8k back then for it..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        When did you get into starwars??? I've been into it since 78, and the RPG since 89/90 when it came out, and till around 2002/3 it was always 8k back then for it..
        2002 was when I got introduced to the idea of lightsabers and wanted to know more about them and who could use them, which got me into Star Wars at the time. So basically the last 15 years or so. Of course this was before the internet was a thing too, had dialup and that sucked

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
          All in all I enjoyed this movie; I wanna watch New Hope. It all makes sense now
          Yes, it really does set up New Hope with a whole lot more meaning... However the one thing that I felt it did in error... and such a fan-wank... the amazing minute of Darth Vader in action in that corridor... YES, it's great to see! But, watch New Hope directly after, and tell me it feels in context with his battle against Obi Wan...??

And on an aside directly related...

For the storyline, I get Obi Wan's death. And I get that Vader's suit must be a ***** to wear and then try to have a sword fight... But... Surely Alec Guiness did his share of sword practice as a younger actor... Could they have not tried a bit harder to beef up their battle, before the ultimate end..?
          back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
          "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
          "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
          and lots more!

Comment

But, watch New Hope directly after, and tell me it feels in context with his battle against Obi Wan...??
            It feels his fight with Obi was very underwhelming... Heck even his battle later on with luke (Rotj) was underwhelming compared to that scene.. OR any of the prequal lightsaber fights.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              It feels his fight with Obi was very underwhelming... Heck even his battle later on with luke (Rotj) was underwhelming compared to that scene.. OR any of the prequal lightsaber fights.
              Or many sword fights in a butt load of other movies and TV shows...they really dropped the ball on that one.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Meh. The prequel lightsaber fights were all flash, very little substance.

There's a story about either Empire or Jedi (I forget), where they asked George about the lack of flare/finesse in the lightsaber duels, and his reply was something like 'it's just two guys bashing sticks together, what matters is what's driving them to fight.'

One of those things that shows real heart and soul in the OT that was sadly lacking in uch of the PT.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

There's a story about either Empire or Jedi (I forget), where they asked George about the lack of flare/finesse in the lightsaber duels, and his reply was something like 'it's just two guys bashing sticks together, what matters is what's driving them to fight.'

One of those things that shows real heart and soul in the OT that was sadly lacking in uch of the PT.
                  i was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday after watching Rogue One. Maybe this is off topic, but Anakin's/Vader's powers (or jedi powers overall) do seem a lot stronger in the new films/TV shows then in the OT.

Also, is this page now entirely non-canon, as there is no mention of Rogue One? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_star_plans
                  "You don't know half of it".
                  Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
                  (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                    Also, is this page now entirely non-canon, as there is no mention of Rogue One? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_star_plans
                    The Legends tab on Wookieepedia articles displays everything that was true under the old Expanded Universe ("Legends" is the banner name that Lucas Licensing chose to cover all the EU). Anything "Legends" is non-canon in the rebooted/Disney canon.

Click on the Canon tab on that page (or any other on Wookieepedia) and that's where you'll find everything that is considered factual and true within the Disney canon.
                    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

On the contrary I think the Luke/Vader duel at the end of Jedi is incredibly good and poignant.

Comment

The fights in the prequels looked choreographed. Especially in III.

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
                          Very much agreed. I rewatched Episode I a few months back, and found that the best part--the Maul/Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan duel--wasn't nearly as good as I remembered for that exact reason; it didn't look natural at all, it looked choreographed.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

On the contrary I think the Luke/Vader duel at the end of Jedi is incredibly good and poignant.
                            I agree to all of the above. I mean, Prequel duels look cool and all, but that's just it. In reality, such forms would be impractical and Force or no Force they would be a waste of energy. There are only 3 things you need to do in a sword fight. Slash, Stab, and Block. And when you slash, you slash not at the swords (as happens often on TV/Film) but at the person you are trying to kill.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiTQBLWVG4w
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Of the Prequal fights, imo the BEST was still the Quigon/Obiwan/Maul one!!

Comment

Davison Vs Sir Gilles... Now there's a bad sword fight, that felt very much like the actors (ok, Davison at least) was flipping through each step in his head, pausing before each one, til finally disarming Gilles for the worst unveiling of the Master in history.

Episode 1's light saber fights? Choreographed? Yes, occasionally it feels like a dance, but I don't often watch and feel like I'm just hanging out for the next act...
                                back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
                                "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
                                "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
                                and lots more!

Comment

Working...
                                X