No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 4 -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched Shadow Assassasin on the heels of the Doctor Who season 6 finale. What a total contrast. I had very few good things to think or say about Shadow Assassin, except that it's over and done with.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
      Everybody's misrepresenting the Gungans because of the way they talk and Jar Jar.

Big mistake.

Style and culture of speech is not necessarily an indication of intelligence and capabilities.

One of humanity's biggest failings, is that they tend to judge on how beings sound and look rather than get beyond these to their substance.
      I don't think anyones really annoyed that it was the gungans who captured Grievous, but surprised by the way the whole capture was handled. In previous episodes we've seen how skilled fighter Grievous is and we know he is one of the most important figures in the separatist army. I for one find it hard to believe that Grievous would just let Jar Jar stall the negotiatons and make a stupid mistake like running after Jar Jar by himself, without checking in with his droid commanders.
      sigpic

Comment

I don't think it's hard to believe that the Gungan's could capture him. Their "Boomers" (I think that's what they are called) are very effective against driods so it makes sense than in larger numbers they'd be able to take even him down. My problem is it was so poorly done. It's like Greivous was expecting to fight against a group of 4 years only to realise too late they were packing stun guns.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
          I don't think it's hard to believe that the Gungan's could capture him. Their "Boomers" (I think that's what they are called) are very effective against driods so it makes sense than in larger numbers they'd be able to take even him down. My problem is it was so poorly done. It's like Greivous was expecting to fight against a group of 4 years only to realise too late they were packing stun guns.
          I actually didn't have a problem with Grievous' capture because their weapons have, as you said, been extremely effective against electronic devices. What I don't like is how Grievous seemed absolutely incompetent with how he handled Jar Jar and the appalling lack of security droids for Grievous. Very out of character imo. Speaking of out of character, Anakin bested by a bunch of droids? Hmm, seems a wee bit unbelievable to me.
          sigpic

Comment

We all have our bad and off days.

Especially when the plot calls for them.

Comment

I quite liked tonight's episode actually; definitely not what I was expecting.

4.05 "Mercy Mission"
              Spoiler:
              First off, the visuals were beautiful once again. That initial shot of the corvettes and landing ship going past the camera and into the sunrise of the planet was just breathtaking. And the art design for the planet itself was very nice as well. The strange structures of the locals were quite unique and the VFX in the caves were just...wow. The 'fireflies', the glowing flowers, the fog, all of it just amazing

The clones--cool. Lots of Phase II armour, which is awesomesauce in my eyes. Plus it's nice to see Wolffe again. He's been a bit background for the run of the series, so it's nice to see him take centre stage here.

The thing about this episode that I liked most though was the kind of duality of the clones and what they represent.

One one hand, it was absolutely fantastic to see them doing a mission like this on their own. It shows them being more than just fodder, more than just a handful of individuals that we've gotten to know over the three seasons up till now; these guys are professionals. They don't need Jedi generals, they don't need officers, they can be given a basic set of orders and they'll do it efficiently and effectively themselves. This kind of reminds me of the Republic Commando novels.

On the other, I find something a little chilling about the whole mission. This is an aid drop and it's not being done by a church group, or a charity group, or Amnesty Galactic. This is a world of primitives being aided by armed soldiers in full battle kit. And on top of that, it appears that amongst this primitive and peaceful group of aliens, the Republic has erected a tracking/transmission outpost. There's something unsettling and chilling about all of that.

My only 'complaint' is about the strange underground tree creatures and the riddle-speaking firefly lady. I feel like something very cerebral went right over my head during the underground sequence.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

4.05 "Mercy Mission"
                Spoiler:
                First off, the visuals were beautiful once again. That initial shot of the corvettes and landing ship going past the camera and into the sunrise of the planet was just breathtaking. And the art design for the planet itself was very nice as well. The strange structures of the locals were quite unique and the VFX in the caves were just...wow. The 'fireflies', the glowing flowers, the fog, all of it just amazing

The clones--cool. Lots of Phase II armour, which is awesomesauce in my eyes. Plus it's nice to see Wolffe again. He's been a bit background for the run of the series, so it's nice to see him take centre stage here.

The thing about this episode that I liked most though was the kind of duality of the clones and what they represent.

One one hand, it was absolutely fantastic to see them doing a mission like this on their own. It shows them being more than just fodder, more than just a handful of individuals that we've gotten to know over the three seasons up till now; these guys are professionals. They don't need Jedi generals, they don't need officers, they can be given a basic set of orders and they'll do it efficiently and effectively themselves. This kind of reminds me of the Republic Commando novels.

On the other, I find something a little chilling about the whole mission. This is an aid drop and it's not being done by a church group, or a charity group, or Amnesty Galactic. This is a world of primitives being aided by armed soldiers in full battle kit. And on top of that, it appears that amongst this primitive and peaceful group of aliens, the Republic has erected a tracking/transmission outpost. There's something unsettling and chilling about all of that.

My only 'complaint' is about the strange underground tree creatures and the riddle-speaking firefly lady. I feel like something very cerebral went right over my head during the underground sequence.
                Spoiler:
                I have to agree with you about the visuals and it was really great to see Wolfe and the rest of the Wolfepack on their own. The more the clones get developed, the more I like the show.

The Republic has erected a tracking/transmission outpost there. Did I totally miss something on a beverage run?

You're right. I also thought there could be more to the underground sequence then meets the eye. But wasn't it a little bit funny to see 3PO and R2 save the day and get absolutely no recognition for it?
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Get a load of this one
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post

4.05 "Mercy Mission"
                    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
                    i'm not if i'd call it chilling, disaster relief is a mission undertaken by most militaries, and wasnt the communications gear there already, they were just repairing it, some of the locals seemed to understand computers so i don't think they were actually that primitive

Comment

Mercy Mission was definitely not what I was expecting from Clone Wars.

Spoiler:
                      When I first started watching the episode, I felt very much like Commander Wolffe and his troops to be honest. The Aleena were a little exasperating for me to watch at first, particularly the first 2-3 minutes. From there though, I just said to myself, "Meh, that's just the way these little guys are. Go with the flow."

Later on though, it got very interesting, especially with the underground formations that seem to resemble lightsaber crystal caves I've seen before.
                      sigpic

Comment

hopefully weve met the Jar Jar/3-po episode quota for this season
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                          Mercy Mission was definitely not what I was expecting from Clone Wars.

Spoiler:
                          When I first started watching the episode, I felt very much like Commander Wolffe and his troops to be honest. The Aleena were a little exasperating for me to watch at first, particularly the first 2-3 minutes. From there though, I just said to myself, "Meh, that's just the way these little guys are. Go with the flow."

Later on though, it got very interesting, especially with the underground formations that seem to resemble lightsaber crystal caves I've seen before.
                          Your post reminded me of what may go down as my favorite line of the series from early in the episode.

Spoiler:
                          "Great, another one of those planets." I couldn't help but LOL as soon as he said it.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            Your post reminded me of what may go down as my favorite line of the series from early in the episode.

Spoiler:
                            "Great, another one of those planets." I couldn't help but LOL as soon as he said it.
                            I think that'll go down as one of my favourite moments of the whole series too Even though it was in the trailer, I still cracked up at hearing it in the episode. It's like the episode's writer was acknowledging what s/he knew what everyone would be thinking about the aliens
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Quite a good episode, finally got to see it today.
                              Nice to see C3PO and R2 saving the day for once, shame they didnt get more recognition though!

Comment

Bring on the next episode. I can't wait to see what happens with R2 and C-3PO.
                                sigpic
                                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                                "...phu...ah..."
                                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Working...
                                X