Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    Finally caught up!
    Just finished watching Season 3, now trying to find Season 4, anyone know where and when it airs in the UK? Or am I going to have to rely on youtube like I have for the other seasons?

Im loving the series so far, so much character development, and some of the battles and storylines are awesome!
    I also like the fact that they are bringing in loads of different characters from both games and the Episodes 4 - 6. Was nice seeing so many characters from the older films getting a bit more character development.
    Always knew about this series, but so glad Ive got into and watched all the episodes, I literally havent disliked an episode yet, Ive liked some more than others, but I honestly cant say I dont like one episode... Same with the characters, I like some characters more than others, but even the ones that slightly annoy me I can put up with, and its funny that Jar Jar isnt even one of the characters that annoys me, he can be alittle irritating sometimes, but I actually enjoy his character most of the time.
    The droids are also pretty funny.
    Its strange that you actually start to feel for some of the characters and you miss them when they are killed (even the droids, who I sorta feel sorry for lol). Thats what I also like about this series, they arent afraid to kill characters, and also, arent afraid of killing them in creative and visual ways.
    And of course, R2 D2 is awesome and C 3PO, and Anakin, Obi Wan and Ahsoka, Count Dooku, Ventress, General Grevious, Yoda, Windu, Master Plo Koon, Clones, droids, Palpatine, and some others I cant think of now
    I know what you mean. I really liked the group of clones from Rookies in Season One. It's been fun following their development and it has really sucked when one of them gets knocked off.

But you have to admit, we already know that lots of clones and nearly all of the Jedi are going to get wacked at some point. It's just a question of how and when.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Just watched the season premier and loved it. Great underwater action scenes and new characters. Though I kept hoping admiral Ackbar might scream "It's a trap!"

And i'm keeping my fingers crossed we'll see Cad Bane and Savage Opress this season.
      sigpic

Comment

Caught the first 2 episodes of series 4 today, going to watch the 3rd episode later.
        Really good start to the season, nice to see the Republic dont always win, wonder how they will get out of this. (Dont spoil for me please )
        The Gungan charge was nice to see, and even Jar Jar was a badass in this one, but also with his usual humour.
        Nice to see him rallying the Gungan leader to help straight away.
        Was nice to see Admiral Ackbar too, shame he didnt say his classic line though.
        I agree with what everyone said about shark guy, I really do see Finding Nemo in him lol, hes a good character too, hope to see more of him.
        Rest of the season looks good too!

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Caught the first 2 episodes of series 4 today, going to watch the 3rd episode later.
          Really good start to the season, nice to see the Republic dont always win, wonder how they will get out of this. (Dont spoil for me please )
          The Gungan charge was nice to see, and even Jar Jar was a badass in this one, but also with his usual humour.
          Nice to see him rallying the Gungan leader to help straight away.
          Was nice to see Admiral Ackbar too, shame he didnt say his classic line though.
          I agree with what everyone said about shark guy, I really do see Finding Nemo in him lol, hes a good character too, hope to see more of him.
          Rest of the season looks good too!
          I'm glad he didn't say the line. I think everyone was expecting him to say it, so the real trick will be having him appear and saying it without expectations.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            More episodes announced.... Current upcoming schedule:

4.04 "Shadow Warrior" -- Sept 30
            4.05 "Mercy Mission" -- Oct 7
            4.06 "Nomad Droids" -- Oct 14
            4.07 "Darkness on Umbara" -- Oct 21
            And another:

4.08 "The General" -- Nov 4
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

If I had to guess, I'd say 4.07 is start of the Umbara tetralogy, with 4.08 being used to introduce the Jedi who uses two dual bladed lightsabers. Looks like they'll be delaying the second part by a week because of Halloween.

sigpic

Comment

Oddities and unpleasantness abound this week.

After the Gungans were so helpful to the Republic on Mon Cal, suddenly they're suspected by the Nabooans of being in cahoots with the Separatists? Okay so one of them WAS, but this seems like a bit of a leap.

And then putting Jar Jar in for Boss Lyonie because they "look alike"....good lord. On top of the standing accusations of racial stereotyping, they decided to do something because (essentially) all Gungans look alike? Good god

Maybe worse than either of those, however, is how uncharacteristically stupid and incompetent Grievous was here. Why would he even negotiate with Gungans in the first place? And then, even though he can wield four lightsabers simultaenously and fight off multiple Jedi, he gets taken down by some goofy Gungans prodding at him one at a time? Come on

And what should have been the best part--Dooku and Anakin dueling--turned out to be mostly just ridiculous. A few nice parries, and then somehow Anakin can't handle four droids. Even though we've seen three seasons and two movies of Anakin slicing up droids of all kinds like they're nothing. Sigh.

....and then it got even stupider. Padme exchanged Grievous for Anakin? Really? A general in exchange for the military commander of the Separatists? She gives up one Jedi general amongst thousands in exchange for a capture that could end the entire war? Holy flippin' god, she should be stripped of all authority and influence after that boneheaded move.

Boy what a disappointment of an episode.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                  Oddities and unpleasantness abound this week.

After the Gungans were so helpful to the Republic on Mon Cal, suddenly they're suspected by the Nabooans of being in cahoots with the Separatists? Okay so one of them WAS, but this seems like a bit of a leap.

And then putting Jar Jar in for Boss Lyonie because they "look alike"....good lord. On top of the standing accusations of racial stereotyping, they decided to do something because (essentially) all Gungans look alike? Good god

Maybe worse than either of those, however, is how uncharacteristically stupid and incompetent Grievous was here. Why would he even negotiate with Gungans in the first place? And then, even though he can wield four lightsabers simultaenously and fight off multiple Jedi, he gets taken down by some goofy Gungans prodding at him one at a time? Come on

And what should have been the best part--Dooku and Anakin dueling--turned out to be mostly just ridiculous. A few nice parries, and then somehow Anakin can't handle four droids. Even though we've seen three seasons and two movies of Anakin slicing up droids of all kinds like they're nothing. Sigh.

....and then it got even stupider. Padme exchanged Grievous for Anakin? Really? A general in exchange for the military commander of the Separatists? She gives up one Jedi general amongst thousands in exchange for a capture that could end the entire war? Holy flippin' god, she should be stripped of all authority and influence after that boneheaded move.

Boy what a disappointment of an episode.
                  I couldn't agree with the bolded part more.

But a little food for thought, since Grievous can face down multiple Jedi without much trouble couldn't he have walked into the fight with the Gunguns overconfident and underestimated them too much?

Comment

Overestimating them is certainly possible, but really, he's fought Jedi. There should have been a circle of bodies before the badass commander sacrificed himself for a disabling hit.

Comment

You see, that's one of the problems of this entire series: is you can't rewrite episode three.

Because Obi-Wan kills Grievous in it. With a blaster pistol. And Anakin never met him until Ep III. You have to watch what you write to avoid rewriting the movie all to heck.

And that's one of my big things about watching this series. Jar Jar made the biggest error in Star Wars history next to not shooting the life pod that had the droids in it. He is the one who's responsible for giving the Chancellor the emergency powers he needed that would eventually allow him to obtain ultimate power.

Comment

It was quite a good episode, but I do have to agree that Grievous did get taken down a bit too easily...
                        And yeah, the Gungans send an army to help an episode ago, and now they are being looked at as traitors because of one Gungan.

Comment

Hopefully thats the last of the Gungan episodes
                          Last Movie Watched
                          X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                          Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                            Overestimating them is certainly possible, but really, he's fought Jedi. There should have been a circle of bodies before the badass commander sacrificed himself for a disabling hit.
                            Very true. We can always just chalk it up to a plot hole you could fly a Death Star through as well.

Comment

Oh man episode 4... what a dissapointment! Grievous gets captured by gungans and Anakin gets his butt kicked by a few droids? But the thing that really annoyed me was Padme, who is the worst politician and a negotiator in the entire SW universe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Everybody's misrepresenting the Gungans because of the way they talk and Jar Jar.

Big mistake.

Style and culture of speech is not necessarily an indication of intelligence and capabilities.

One of humanity's biggest failings, is that they tend to judge on how beings sound and look rather than get beyond these to their substance.

Comment

Working...
                                X