No announcement yet.

The Clone Wars: Season 4 -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone notice Ahsoka is still wielding duel lightsabers?
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

I think the season got off to a great start! It's going to be interesting to see of shark-boy survives the end of the arc and gets to pop up later.
      I really can't wait for
      Spoiler:
      the Deathwatch to return!!!!!
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
        Anyone notice Ahsoka is still wielding duel lightsabers?
        Of course. She's been like that ever since the character mdl upgrades mid-last season, which made her a bit older than when the show started. That's her style now.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
          I think the season got off to a great start! It's going to be interesting to see of shark-boy survives the end of the arc and gets to pop up later.
          All I could think about whenever he was on screen was the big great white shark in Finding Nemo
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            All I could think about whenever he was on screen was the big great white shark in Finding Nemo
            Whenever he attacked the theme from Jaws was playing in my head.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Hah

Comment

The Premier of Season 4 was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! It was nice to see the good guys actually lose for once.
                1 “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. 4 And where I go you know, and the way you know.”
                5 Thomas said to Him, “Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?”
                6 Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.

John 14:1-6

Comment

For all the Gungan hate, I thought it was pretty bad ass watching them run off the landing deck of that Republic Cruiser and just charge into battle. It's weird, but I was a bit disappointed not to see the active lightsabers distort or boil water. I remember the Gendy shorts having an effect like that.

sigpic

Comment

It was a pretty neat sight to see the cruiser come through the clouds and send the Gungans diving off.

Re: the lightsabers, those weren't the only thing I found a little strange. Blasters aren't supposed to work when wet. Neither are lightsabers, without being specially outfitted to do so. It was still cool to watch though.

Comment

It was a pretty neat sight to see the cruiser come through the clouds and send the Gungans diving off.

Re: the lightsabers, those weren't the only thing I found a little strange. Blasters aren't supposed to work when wet. Neither are lightsabers, without being specially outfitted to do so. It was still cool to watch though.
                      It goes unexplained, but I believe preparations like that off screen. It adds a great why Gungans were needed rather than just sending in Clone Troopers with standard gear. The CIS forces were said to have been prepared before talks took place, Anakin, Padme, their troopers and the backup (Ashoka, Fisto and additional clones) also knew they'd be spending time under water.

Oddly enough, the underwater Lightsaber effect from the Clone Wars shorts is very similar to this episode. Fisto with Clone Troopers (prepared for underwater combat) help the Mon Calamari fight off the Quarren. So I am curious as to whether not this series will be retconning the shorts (as in using their premise for new ideas) or potentially working as prequels or sequels (like this episode taking place after the short).

sigpic

Comment

Of course. She's been like that ever since the character mdl upgrades mid-last season, which made her a bit older than when the show started. That's her style now.
                        I noticed it last season 2, but i thought it was just a training thing but im glad it stuck
                        Last Movie Watched
                        X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                        Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
                          Fisto with Clone Troopers (prepared for underwater combat) help the Mon Calamari fight off the Quarren. So I am curious as to whether not this series will be retconning the shorts (as in using their premise for new ideas) or potentially working as prequels or sequels (like this episode taking place after the short).
                          Yeah I remember that, the goofy Fisto smile at the camera *facepalms*

I'll be interested to see how the final chronology reflects things like this too. For the moment, the Wookieepedians are treating the Genndy and TCW battles as the First and Second Battles of Mon Calamari, respectively.

Comment

So I was showing my friend my DVD of the Clone Wars. The Webisodes that first appeared on Cartoon Network, which is the original animated Clone Wars.

The season premiere kept the plot from these shorts. The big difference is there was no shark dude and no inexperienced prince and the machines were different.

Comment

I already can't wait for this next episode Friday night. I am really happy to have this show back.
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post

The season premiere kept the plot from these shorts. The big difference is there was no shark dude and no inexperienced prince and the machines were different.
                                I know there is big differences, but that's not the point I was trying to make.

What I'm curious about, given the similar plot between these episodes and the short, is whether or not this series will replace the shorts in the overall Clone Wars chronology by replacing the shorts with full length episodes or if they'll be worked into the overall chronology by having shorts act as prequels or these episodes act as sequels.

I know they can't replace all the shorts, as Grevious and Ventress were introduced in the shorts but already established in the series, but there are some shorts that could have worked incredibly well as full episodes (such as the Battle over Corusant leading into Episode III)

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X