The Clone Wars: Season 4 -- speculation/discussion/spoilers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I completely disagree. The clones are loyal to the Republic and, as we've seen in this current arc, get the job done regardless of morality or consequence. Pair that with clones having bad experiences with Jedi generals like Krell (and I believe the clones insult and make fun of Ki-Adi-Mundi in the RC novels as well), and it's a pretty easy step to make.

That, and that Order 66 is one of 150 emergency contingency orders. And if the Chancellor gets on the horn to tell you that your boss's cult has committed treason and tried to take over the government, well. There you go.
    I won't go into the novels because I've not read them, but on screen it's like we're seeing two different sets of Clones. Movie Clones are like droids, mindlessly following orders. Series Clones are more free thinking. They obey, but they also question. They'll fight for the Republic, they'll die for the Republic, but they also live for it as they won't just throw their lives away needlessly. Yes they hate Krell, but I doubt it's the same for Obi-Wan or Kenobi, or Ashoka. We've seen these three and even Yoda form a connection with the Clone Troopers, yet despite all the development Clones are getting, III still shows them as blindly following orders (which this episode has shown they won't do). It's a bit unfair I know as III came before all of this, but still, I can't help but seen III Clones losing something because of how well they are being developed.

sigpic

Comment

And I still completely disagree.

Emergency Contingency Orders are for...emergencies. The orders they follow without question because it's been decided in advance that these are the circumstances in which disaster is not just impending but imminent, and if those orders are not carried out immediately and effectively, it will be catastrophic.

General or no general, the leader of the galaxy gets you on the line and gives you an order that in effect says, hey this order has to be carried out or else everything you've been fighting for will be lost....probably not going to hesitate.

The enacting of Emergency Orders not in any kind of conflict with character development or developed loyalties to immediate commanding officers, it's about 'we have to carry out this order, or else by this time tomorrow the Republic we've fought and bled so hard for since birth might be destroyed.'
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I just finished watching "Plan of Dissent."

I agree with Digi that it's not quite as strong as the previous episodes in this arc, but it's pretty good too, especially...

Spoiler:
        Hardcase taking out the main reactor and saying, "Live to fight another day."

I'm also wondering whether Krell is falling to the dark side.

Addendum: I also liked the nod to Episode IV. I was waiting for one of the clone troopers to say, "We had a slight weapons malfunction." I definitely laughed when Krell barked, "Who is this?! What's your CT number?"
        Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 12 November 2011, 09:22 PM.
        sigpic

Comment

I completely disagree. The clones are loyal to the Republic and, as we've seen in this current arc, get the job done regardless of morality or consequence. Pair that with clones having bad experiences with Jedi generals like Krell (and I believe the clones insult and make fun of Ki-Adi-Mundi in the RC novels as well), and it's a pretty easy step to make.

That, and that Order 66 is one of 150 emergency contingency orders. And if the Chancellor gets on the horn to tell you that your boss's cult has committed treason and tried to take over the government, well. There you go.
          Having read the RC novels multiple times I can tell you the only comments I can think of about Ki-Adi-Mundi are from Kal Skirata complaining about him being aloud to be married and the fact that Etain would most likely get tossed from the order for sleeping with Darman. There is also a quote at the beginning of a chapter from Bacara saying something to the effect of "If I'd known they were going to betray us, I'd have shot him sooner."

I also have to agree with you about the Clones and Order 66.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

ive always thought with order 66 there was some form of mental conditioning going on, like a sleeper agent being completely normal until triggered

Comment

Pretty good episode tonight, nice to see the droid comedy coming back, and also nice to see the clones disobeying orders.
              Is next weeks episode the last in this arc? Really hope the clones dont get executed, Im liking Krell cause hes a good character and not your average Jedi, but Im also not liking him because his treatment of the clones.

Looking forward to next week.

Comment

I believe next week is the last episode of this arc, yes.
                "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I believe next week is the last episode of this arc, yes.
                  I have enjoyed this arc thus far. I can't wait to see how it wraps up.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

4.10 Carnage of Krell
                    Spoiler:
                    Not really thrilled that they wrote Krell to be changing sides--I liked him better as just a callous general.

But with that said, I enjoyed the crap out of this episode. Krell knocking off all kinds of clones, clones hunting down a Jedi, a Jedi being executed--great stuff.

Shame to see Waxer die, he's been around a while now.

Comment

4.10 Carnage of Krell
                      Spoiler:
                      Not really thrilled that they wrote Krell to be changing sides--I liked him better as just a callous general.

But with that said, I enjoyed the crap out of this episode. Krell knocking off all kinds of clones, clones hunting down a Jedi, a Jedi being executed--great stuff.

Shame to see Waxer die, he's been around a while now.
                      Spoiler:
                      Ya, Waxer buying the farm, especially like that, sucked royally.

I kind of wondered if Krell was going all Dark Jedi at times and I really liked the fact Rex decided to go after him. What was even better for me was the firing squad refusing to kill Fives and Jesse.

Comment

Wow, what an episode!
                        Always thought that Krell was going to do something like that, but when they realised it was clones vs clones, I thought he had just sent them to get rid of them because he said they were all defective, didnt realise till they confronted him that he had been playing them from the start, trying to kill all the troopers and also weakening them and also become Dookus apprentice.

Nice to see that the clones wernt willing to kill their own, and that they are really getting their own personalities now, also nice to see them execute Krell.
                        Suprised at how violent Krells rampage was, especially when he snapped a clone in two on his knee.
                        One of the best episodes of the season so far Id say.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          Spoiler:
                          Ya, Waxer buying the farm, especially like that, sucked royally.

I kind of wondered if Krell was going all Dark Jedi at times and I really liked the fact Rex decided to go after him. What was even better for me was the firing squad refusing to kill Fives and Jesse.
                          The firing squad moment was great and very effectively illustrated the independent thinking of the clones. In fact, I liked the entire theme of how they weren't droids and in the end had to make their own decisions.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                          Wow, what an episode!
                          Always thought that Krell was going to do something like that, but when they realised it was clones vs clones, I thought he had just sent them to get rid of them because he said they were all defective, didnt realise till they confronted him that he had been playing them from the start, trying to kill all the troopers and also weakening them and also become Dookus apprentice.

Nice to see that the clones wernt willing to kill their own, and that they are really getting their own personalities now, also nice to see them execute Krell.
                          Suprised at how violent Krells rampage was, especially when he snapped a clone in two on his knee.
                          One of the best episodes of the season so far Id say.
                          I'm curious to see how the other Jedi would react when they see Rex's evidence that Krell went all darksider on them.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                            I'm curious to see how the other Jedi would react when they see Rex's evidence that Krell went all darksider on them.
                            Yes, this really needs to be explored soon!! A seen in the council chambers about the potention growth of the dark side within the order would be very intersting to see.

Comment

A little bit by-the-numbers this week; not a ton to write home about. I think there were only two things about this one that stood out to me. One being the improvement in face and hair animations, the other being

Spoiler:
                              the lame cat/wolf-man villain light up a lightwhip! That's a nice tie to the Darth Bane trilogy.

Comment

A little bit by-the-numbers this week; not a ton to write home about. I think there were only two things about this one that stood out to me. One being the improvement in face and hair animations, the other being

Spoiler:
                                the lame cat/wolf-man villain light up a lightwhip! That's a nice tie to the Darth Bane trilogy.
                                Yeah, I agree, not really much to write about witht his episode.
                                Was quite a good story set up though.

Comment

Working...
                                X