Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why does everyone seem to dislike Enterprise????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Enterprise, at least I think I do. Its been a while since I watched it...

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      Only if you're (not you, Berman/Braga) stupid enough to try to make a prequel to a 40 year old show. TOS is classic, is the template, and most certainly should not be 'updated'.

And if you are going to be dumb enough to make a prequel, you pay attention to your source material--not ignore it because it's inconvienent, or because you don't feel like watching it (I'm looking at you, Braga).
      Originally posted by kymeric View Post
      That this is the mass belief of StarTrek fans almost universally is why i doubt there will ever be another startrek tv series again. Thankfully stargate has avoided this for the most part, although the fanatical fringe has been gradually creeping in the last 2-3 years.
      I agree with Digi. It would be like someone wanting to make a prequel to Macbeth. But, they want to update it to the times; so, the castle has electricity, the horses are replaced with cars, and Macbeth has a cell phone. If you want to make the movie/book, fine, but DON'T try to pass it off as Shakespeare. If you are going to put something in a certain setting, than make sure all the pieces match. Don't have King Duncan discovering the New World before Columbus on a ship with missile-ic launchers and Howitz Cannons.

Comment

I don't dislike Enterprise, but I am disappointed in it.

I wanted to see different weapons other than Phasers and Photon torpedoes, I wanted to see the Klingon First Contact situation that was originally described, I wanted to see the Romulan War. I wanted to see the founding of the Federation and UESPA, not Star Fleet.

I did not mind the Temporal Cold War, because it actually was hinted at in TOS, in fact Gary Seven was fighting it.

Comment

Gary Seven was serving alien masters, not alien masters from the future. I think.
          sigpic
          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Yes, he was working for other aliens, but also against the other aliens who were undermining the timeline.

I'm going to re-watch the episode on youtube for more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
              It was only 4 seasons, sadly.
              Sorry, you are right!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                And I absolutely agree on the comment that if we see Trek again it'll have to be in the format of DS9 or seasons three and four of ENT. TNG, TOS, and VOY style Trek simply wouldn't survive on television today- since then we've learned the wonders of the serialized drama/season-long plot arcs, etc. Which is a good thing. Trek needs to evolve otherwise what would be the point?
                I truly hope not!
                sigpic

Comment

A series purely on the Terran Empire would revamp it.
                  sigpic

Comment

The 5th season should really be about the Romulan war and how it began, as they were already up to mischive in season 4.

Comment

the romulans were to become the main baddies of s5

www.darkarmada.nl
                      www.runescape.com

Ode aan Nederlandsch-Indië

Comment

Personally, I love it. It's my favourite Trek series, and I'm looking into buying it on dvd.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I'm looking forward to rewatch it when it comes up in my Netflix queue.

Comment

I love ENT. It's my second favorite Trek, after DS9.

I agree, seasons 1 and 2 were'nt great, and I personally really don't like Reed (to put it mildly), and don't care much for Hoshi or Travis.

However - one should take into account, that it often takes a show a few seasons to "find its feet", and become really good. Besides, there were a few really good, and thought provoking episodeds in those seasons too. And - in any case, I thought the Xindi arc in season 3 was REALLY good. Season 4 was quite good too.

As to the characters - I really liked Archer, in fact he's by far my favorite Trek captain. I especially liked that we got to see his "dark side" in season 3, when he had to make some hard choices in order to copmlete his mission. I also liked Trip a lot, he's a real stand up guy .

So all in all, I thought it was a great show.
                            Last edited by Raw_Deal; 24 July 2010, 08:55 AM.
                            sigpic

Suffer the dream of a world gone mad, I like it like that and I know it.
                            - R.E.M.

Comment

Also some clocking on Enterprise to use against romulans
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Mods List

I am webxro , google me .SG,ST,SW,B5 Fan since forever.
                              StarTrek Excalibur enthusiast and Pardus player .
                              GW member infractions : 1

Comment

I really enjoyed the Xindi story line, but aside from that.. it was just bad, for all the reasons stated
                                I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                                X