the Star Trek: Voyager Discussion and Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You totally should!!

It's worth every penny, I swear. I have not seen any 'bad' episodes, AND the extra's are superb and plentiful.

I love basically everything about ST:V, so I won't start that rant right now

ST:V fans untie, eh unite!
    => Complete SG-1 marathon: currently watching Season 10... <=

In the end, only you can decide the fate of your own soul…

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy O'NeiLL View Post
      You totally should!!

It's worth every penny, I swear. I have not seen any 'bad' episodes, AND the extra's are superb and plentiful.

I love basically everything about ST:V, so I won't start that rant right now

ST:V fans untie, eh unite!
      Yes, Voyager has a certain charm to it. It was the first Trek I ever watched every week. I feel the crew feels more like a family than any other series.

Comment

Originally posted by HirogenGater View Post
        I feel the crew feels more like a family than any other series.
        I think I'd agree. Although, it's some pretty tough competition between the Treks for which crew is most family-like. I think, though, that ST:V is given a bit of a boost just because of their unique situation. They have to come together as a family, IMO, more than other crews because of it.

My LiveJournal :: Walls :: Sigs:: Icons :: FanVids
        "Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
          I think I'd agree. Although, it's some pretty tough competition between the Treks for which crew is most family-like. I think, though, that ST:V is given a bit of a boost just because of their unique situation. They have to come together as a family, IMO, more than other crews because of it.
          True, true. But I love their unique situation. There are many moving episodes in which their being stranded millions of light years away as an isolated group of Starfleet & Maquis is really well expressed. Janeway can totally pull off some emo-stuff without it becoming too sappy. Season one, in that respect, has really grown on me.

PS: Currently watching the second

sigpic

As your mother, you will listen to *me*, young lady! There will be *no* leading ships on a mass murdering crusade!

Comment

Originally posted by Ozzy O'NeiLL View Post
            True, true. But I love their unique situation. There are many moving episodes in which their being stranded millions of light years away as an isolated group of Starfleet & Maquis is really well expressed. Janeway can totally pull off some emo-stuff without it becoming too sappy. Season one, in that respect, has really grown on me.
            That's very true. I think their situation is one of the things that really drew me to the series in the first place. I like the first season because not only is the show trying to get it's legs but so is the crew of Voyager. Working to try and figure out how these two sides are going to fit together and make it home.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and goes 'Ooh! This could be a little more sonic?!'" - Cpt. Jack Harkness

Comment

Indeed. And all this well continues into the second season. There hasn't been one episode who I dislike. The crew/cast is wonderful, and the plots ditto. In fact, the entire feel of it is swell. It basically rocks

sigpic

Comment

LoL ... yes it does rock. First Sci Fi show that I was actually able to get into. It's the show that opened the flood gates for me. I like that they even bring up old tensions in later seasons. It's an interesting theme that runs through the series, the fitting together of different points of view.

Comment

This is less on Voyager and more on KM. I saw a commercial for a new show "The Black Donnellys"? or something like that & I swear I saw Kate Mulgrew. I've seen commercials for it since and haven't seen her. Anyone have the scoop?

I'm really enjoying the Voyager reruns when I get home early enough. I wish really liked the element of friendship between Janeway and Tuvok & was sorry when that kind of got left by the wayside.

Comment

Yay yesterday I finally got myself the last dvd boxset...season 7...and of course started watching all of them immediatly... Now I already seen 6 eps... I realy am glad to have it altough...now I don't have to save for it anymore...what makes me a bit sad But I watched unamatrix 0 and I really love that ep...and endgame is also good
                    I know I don't watch them in order lol...why would I

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                      This is less on Voyager and more on KM. I saw a commercial for a new show "The Black Donnellys"? or something like that & I swear I saw Kate Mulgrew. I've seen commercials for it since and haven't seen her. Anyone have the scoop?

I'm really enjoying the Voyager reruns when I get home early enough. I wish really liked the element of friendship between Janeway and Tuvok & was sorry when that kind of got left by the wayside.
                      I haven't heard KM had a new series or anything. The last thing that I happily stumbled on and saw her in was Law and Order SVU. That was a long time ago and just by freak accident that I actually saw her in it. I'd love to see her do more though, I think she's a great actress. The perfect, though not first, choice for Janeway.

And yeah after season 4 things really shifted focus to the realtionship between Janeway and Seven. Which, in the end was definitely interesting to watch but it did leave other relationships stranded in the cold.

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                      Yay yesterday I finally got myself the last dvd boxset...season 7...and of course started watching all of them immediatly... Now I already seen 6 eps... I realy am glad to have it altough...now I don't have to save for it anymore...what makes me a bit sad But I watched unamatrix 0 and I really love that ep...and endgame is also good
                      I know I don't watch them in order lol...why would I
                      lol ... I was introduced to Voyager by watching the episodes out of order. It's the only way to watch 'em! And s7 is such a fun season to hunt and peck with the episodes too.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post

It is Kate. She is in it. Seeeeeee
                        sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                        "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                        My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

I didnt even know there was a Voyager thread on here. I adore Voyager. Its on in the afternoon when I'm not home. But I catch it once in a while.
                          Trek on!
                          Thanks for SIG to KIDWIZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Spacegirlnz View Post
                            It is Kate. She is in it. Seeeeeee
                            That's awesome. Might have to switch things up and plan on catching a few episodes of the new series to see how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by RetaGamai View Post
                              I didnt even know there was a Voyager thread on here. I adore Voyager. Its on in the afternoon when I'm not home. But I catch it once in a while.
                              Trek on!
                              I just found this thread too! I signed up for Gateworld a while back and I guess it pays to explore - like Voyager did! I love this show! I watched it when it was new and all 7 seasons. It's on now every day on Spike and I want to get the DVD's but haven't been able to afford them. For now, I record them! Based on comments above - they sound like they are well worth it.

I liked that they were far away from Federation space and the war. I watched DS9 and I like that one too but they were involved with Federation politics and it was cool that Janeway was on her own and had to act alone. The crew were like family and some the episodes were really funny. I loved "Endgame" and wish they'd make a movie to explain what they did with that cool technology she brought back in time, but at the same time - it was the last show. Anyway - I am babbling - Thanks for this thread!!
                              Atlantis Girl

Go to this link to help us keep the wraith on Atlantis - http://petitionspot.com/petitions/wraithrights/

please sign the save Elizabeth petition to keep her on Atlantis to!
                              http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/savedrelizabethweir/

Comment

Originally posted by cshawzye View Post
                                That's awesome. Might have to switch things up and plan on catching a few episodes of the new series to see how it is.
                                I don't know. I haven't seen it yet. I think it's started on NZ telly, but I'm not sure. I do know it's starting sometime. Will be watching it when it's on though.
                                sigpic

"I don't know how you can call yourself a scientist and not worship at the altar of Roddenberry" - Coombs
                                "The men cheered! The women fainted! The children waved multi-coloured flags!" - Amanda Tapping
                                My Livejournal my Tweets and my Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                                X