Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anubis69
    I just watched "What you leave behind" for the first time. The title of this thread is well deserved. IMVHO DS9 is by far the best Trek for sure!!
    Noooo! I can't believe I missed it! I love that episode too - hopefully it'll be repeated on one of the other Sky channels early next week. Who would have thought that Quark would get the last line?

Comment

I just watched "What you leave behind" for the first time. The title of this thread is well deserved. IMVHO DS9 is by far the best Trek for sure!!

I agree Anubis with DS9 being the best ST series and "what you leave behind" being one of the great episodes. If they are following the series in order, then you are getting close to the end with those great Starship battle scenes and great last few episodes.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

"What you leave behind" is the last episode! I'll let that one slide seeing as you know many more times more info on Trek than i ever will.... Plus, you're a bit of a legend on Gateworld these days!

And yeah, you're right, the last few eps are trully great. (shame they reused some fleet action from "Sacrifice the angels" though) Basically 6 or 7 eps of pure Dominion war. Golden. Gotta love Damar! I really liked him in the end. Him, Garak and the rest of the Cardassians storming the Dominion HQ was brilliant. A little reminiscent of "Braveheart" but it was still absolutely amazing. Shame it's the end, and Sky aren't repeating it again. They're showing Relic Hunter instead. Great.

The center of Khlysty surrounds me

Comment

"What you leave behind" is the last episode! I'll let that one slide seeing as you know many more times more info on Trek than i ever will.... Plus, you're a bit of a legend on Gateworld these days!
          <<<Doh!.....I knew it was one of the last few episodes Thanx for the Props Anubis, I enjoy reading your replies to all threads.

Originally posted by anubis69
          And yeah, you're right, the last few eps are trully great. (shame they reused some fleet action from "Sacrifice the angels" though) Basically 6 or 7 eps of pure Dominion war. Golden. Gotta love Damar! I really liked him in the end. Him, Garak and the rest of the Cardassians storming the Dominion HQ was brilliant. A little reminiscent of "Braveheart" but it was still absolutely amazing. Shame it's the end, and Sky aren't repeating it again. They're showing Relic Hunter instead. Great.
          The special effects were just starting to get real good the time DS9 was finishing its run. They did re-use some of those fleet scenes especially around the station (DS9).

Damar was the man by the time he was killed. Even Kira had grown to respect him. I hated Damar at first especially after he killed Dukat's daughter Ziyal.
          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I loved the bit where (can't for the life of me remember her name) the cardassian woman they were staying with was saying how Garak had left food and was looking worse for wear and how Damar had finished his and was looking handsome....

Kira: "I think you're beginning to fall in love"
            Woman: "What, I'm old enough to be his mother!!"
            Damar: *cheeky grin* "Nonsense!!!!"

Kira had this huge cheesy grin, it was great seeing those characters interacting.

Wasn't it great how Kai Winn was betrayed at the very end by the Pah Wraiths right after she'd betrayed Dukat?! I thought that was genius. She was so gutted not to be selected as their emissary. mmmmm karma.

Comment

I noticed DS9 and *cough* Voyager on Sky One tonight. Was that its first showing? I thought it had been aired on Sky before. Ahh, I can't believe it's been six years since I watched the final episode. For me, DS9 surpassed TNG from the fifth season onwards.
              "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

Ir probably has, it's just i'm, by comparison to most people on here, new to Trek. (only been watching for about a year and a bit) And when a friend said all those months ago that DS9 was immense and was coming on i'd to watch it. I was doubtful at first, but turns out he was unbelievably right!!

It's really annoying that Sky show Voyager and TNG on continuous loop for years on end, (Voyager's been on at least 2 loops by my reckoning and nearing the end of the second.) yet DS9 and Stargate's only on occasionally.

Comment

Ir probably has, it's just i'm, by comparison to most people on here, new to Trek. (only been watching for about a year and a bit) And when a friend said all those months ago that DS9 was immense and was coming on i'd to watch it. I was doubtful at first, but turns out he was unbelievably right!!
                  That was good advice from your friend. He was not wrong there!

I'm going to reacquaint myself with DS9. I'm planning on buying Deep Space Nine seasons on DVD. Now, If only I could offload my Voyager VHS collection to raise some cash

Comment

Originally posted by Missster.Freeman
                    I'm going to reacquaint myself with DS9. I'm planning on buying Deep Space Nine seasons on DVD. Now, If only I could offload my Voyager VHS collection to raise some cash

I have all season of all the ST shows. I watch my DS9 dvd's (especially seasons 5-7) more than any other DVD I own (including my SG DVD's).

That whole Dominion story arc was some of if not the best scifi even on TV!.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I noticed DS9 and *cough* Voyager on Sky One tonight. Was that its first showing? I thought it had been aired on Sky before. Ahh, I can't believe it's been six years since I watched the final episode. For me, DS9 surpassed TNG from the fifth season onwards.
                      Agreed!, season 5-7 of DS9 were the best. Like Fifth Race, I have all of DS9 and TNG on DVD. I always watch one or the other regulary.

I want your DVD collection Fifth Race! I will start collecting Voyager and Enterprise eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                        Agreed!, season 5-7 of DS9 were the best. Like Fifth Race, I have all of DS9 and TNG on DVD. I always watch one or the other regulary.

I want your DVD collection Fifth Race! I will start collecting Voyager and Enterprise eventually.
                        lol I have TNG and Voyager both incomplete. I'm missing some of season 2-3 for TNG (the original 2 episode cassettes). I have Voyager up till near the end of season 5. That's when I couldn't be bothered buying them and rented them from my local video store.

I don't have any TV series on DVD yet, but I'm going to start collecting DS9, Babylon 5 and Farscape. Eventually I'll get TNG and start on Stargate. Whew! It's gonny be expensive!
                        Last edited by Missster.Freeman; 12 November 2005, 10:55 AM.

Comment

lol I have TNG and Voyager both incomplete. I'm missing some of season 2-3 for TNG (the original 2 episode cassettes). I have Voyager up till near the end of season 5. That's when I couldn't be bothered buying them and rented them from my local video store.

I don't have any TV series on DVD yet, but I'm going to start collecting DS9, Babylon 5 and Farscape. Eventually I'll get TNG and start on Stargate. Whew! It's gonny be expensive!

I have a box full of TNG and DS9 VHS episodes.

I have all Farscape on DVD including the Peace Keeper Wars. What a great and smart show it was!.

I have all Babylon, Andromeda seasons on DVD, I rarely watch those anymore.

Other great DVD's I love to watch are Firefly, Jeremiah, and Night Gallery.
                          the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

I just watched the episode "Who Mourns Morn". What a great episode!, for a character that never said a word throughout the many episodes he appeared in, Morn sure was the man so to speak.

The scene at the end when Quark brilliantly brings the factions claiming Morn's Latinum together for a fight to the death was fantastic!. This is definetly one of my favorite DS9 episodes!.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase
                              I just watched the episode "Who Mourns Morn". What a great episode!, for a character that never said a word throughout the many episodes he appeared in, Morn sure was the man so to speak.

The scene at the end when Quark brilliantly brings the factions claiming Morn's Latinum together for a fight to the death was fantastic!. This is definetly one of my favorite DS9 episodes!.
                              LOLOL....I loved that episode!, Quark was at his Ferengi best in that episode. I ranked that in my top 10 best ever episodes from DS9.

Morn has to be the best scifi character to never speak or say a line
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

And what better way to protect your money than in your stomach?
                                All posts are IMO, I am not a rocket scientist.

Bender: "Lets go get drunk!"
                                Pay it forward

Comment

Working...
                                X