No announcement yet.

Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Lady Krisz. That honor belongs to Lady Pitry.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Hello all, I have graded all the quizzes that have been done so far and I must say the early results are pretty darn good.

Since we are on a new page I am going to re-post it below. Have fun and goodluck. I will submit results Thursday.
      the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
      Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Star Trek Quiz #21 This Quiz has a Medium Difficulty Level. - With questions about TNG, VOY, ENT, DS9 with a possibility of a Trek movie, Animated series and TOS question or two thrown in for good measure. I am adding a "guess the quote" section to the quiz A perfect score is 36/36

NOTE: When filling out your answers in your reply, please just put A, B, C or D next to the number of the question (example 1)A 2)B 3)C 4)D) without "quoting" the quiz. (Same for the Fill-in's). Most of you do it this way anyway. This makes it a lot easier for me when I am grading the Quizzes, and I would greatly appreciate it.

Rules: NO Internet searches ... Be honest and have fun ... NO commenting on someones elses answers until after I post results ... Some answers have multiple choice and some answers are fill-in's ... Leave your answers in a reply with a spoiler tag (hidden) ... I will post up results Thursday afternoon to give some of our brethren an extra day to take the quiz. Good Luck

1)- Which of the following did Lwaxana Troi NOT develop a romantic attachment to?
        A)Captain Picard B)Constable Odo C)Commander LaForge D)Commander Riker

2)- What did Chakotay's mother only trust him to do?
        A)Avenge the family's honor B)Give her back rubs C)Uphold family tradtions D)Take care of his sister

3)- What was the name of the Ferengi scientist whose esearch was championed by Dr. Crusher?
        A)Dr. Reyga B)Dr. Kayun C)Dr. T'Pan D)Dr. Jo'Bril

4)- From Star Trek: The Motion Picture - When the alien sends a probe to the Enterprise, which crew member is the first to be shocked from it?
        A)Spock B)Sulu C)Uhuru D)Chekov

5)- Who has never been to Empok Nor?
        A)Garak B)Bashir C)Nog D)Dukat

6)- What episode does Tasha Yar get killed in the line of duty?
        A)Armus B)Encounter at Farpoint C)Silicon Avatar D)Skin of Evil

7)- Who helped Tom Paris take back Voyager from the Kazon?
        A)The Ocampa B)Another Kazon Faction C)Talaxians D)Q

8)- Jake and Nog try to get Captain Sisko a vintage baseball card. Who is on the card?
        A)Babe Ruth B)Willie Mays C)Jackie Robinson D)Micky Mantle

9)- What was the name of the shape-shifting allasomorph that Wesley fell in love with?
        A)Salia B)Losira C)Sakar D)Jelian

10)- What is 7 of 9's favorite color (it's also the color she always uses when playing Kotis-Kot?
        A)Blue B)Green C)Yellow D)Red

11)- How long did the Cardassian occupation of Bajor last?
        A)30 years B)40 years C)25 years D) 50 years

12)- When Captain Archer's cabin door chime is rung, what does he say?
        A)'Come in' B)'Enter' C)'Come' D)'It's open'

13)- What 3 items did Mr. Kurros (and his think tank) want as payment to help Janeway and crew elude Hazaree raiders hired to capture Voyager? ___, ___, ___

14)- In the TNG episode "Elementary, Dear Data", which fictional villain did Data find himself pitted against on the holodeck? ___ Who accompanied Data in the holodeck to help play along with him? ___, ___

15)- ("The Die is Cast" episode questions)
        What are the 2 similar factions from Romulus and Cardassia headed the seemingly illegal force that tried to destroy the Founders home world? ___, ___

How many ships did said factions send to the Gamma Quadrant? (approx.) ___

Who sabotaged the USS Defiants cloaking device so they would turn back and not follow the Romulan and Cardassian task force into the Gamma Quadrant? ___

How did Garak torture Odo? ___

What was the name of the Romulan Col. who was actually a changeling? ___ What did he do for Odo and Garak? ___

16)- (all about Garak)
        What extreme fear did we learn that Garak has? ___

What is Garak's connection to Gul DuKat that almost got him executed? ___

Why was Garak once jailed for 6 months on DS9? ___

Garak was once assigned to Romulas for covert activities, what did he pose as? ___

17)- (Guess the "QUOTE", tell me the character)
        season I: "Now go to your room! And no studying!"

season II: "They'd even broken into my personal logs to see what they could find in there. I hope they enjoyed reading the sexy letters to my wife..."

season III: "The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination."

season IV: "You know what I like about Klingon stories, Commander? Nothing. Lots of people die, and nobody makes any profit."

season V: "The entire future of the galaxy may depend on us tracking down Willie Mays... and stopping him."

season VI: "There's an old saying: Fortune favors the bold. Well, I guess we're about to find out."

season VII: "You know, pally? Some times being a hologram can be a real pain in the asymmetric photons."
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          Nonsense Lady Krisz. That honor belongs to Lady Pitry.
          *eats* ... I'd like a wooden spoon though - I have some soup to go with it!
          Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
          Yes, I am!
          sigpic
          Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
          Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

After looking for years...
            One of my favourite DS9 interactions and one of my favourite battle sequences.
            God, I love Oort clouds and Kuiper belts!
            Last edited by nx01a; 20 January 2009, 02:10 PM.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Spoiler:
              1. C
              2. B
              3. A
              4. D
              5. B
              6. D
              7. B
              8. B
              9. A
              10. B
              11. A
              12. D
              13. mobile emitter, ??, ??
              14. Moriarity, LaForge and Pulaski
              15. Obsidian Order, Tal Shiar; 160; Eddington; by refusing to let him return to his gelatin state to rest; ??, gave them a ship to escape
              16. Claustrophobia, ??, blowing up his own shop?, landscapper?
              17. Rom; Miles O'Brien; Garak; Quark; Weyoun; Dax; Vic Fontaine

Fun quiz, as always, Professor Fifth.

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                Hello all, I have graded all the quizzes that have been done so far and I must say the early results are pretty darn good. Since we are on a new page I am going to re-post it below. Have fun and goodluck. I will submit results Thursday.
                Why do I have the feeling you are just saying that to boost my ego. Hopefully this week I have achieve my goal of beating brother Starbase and Defiant.

A man can dream.
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Spoiler:
                  1) D
                  2) B
                  3) A
                  4) A
                  5) B
                  6) D
                  7) C
                  8) B
                  9) A
                  10) A
                  11) D
                  12) A
                  13) Quantum Slipstream, Seven, ?
                  14) Professor Morarty (or something similar), Geordi and Pulaski
                  15)
                  Tal Shiar, The Obsidian Order
                  150?
                  Eddington
                  He used a device that inhibited Odo's shapeshifting abilities
                  Lovok, ?

16)
                  Claustrophobia
                  ?
                  He tried to destroy the Founder homeworld
                  Gardener

17)
                  Quark
                  O'Brien
                  Garak (too obvious )
                  Quark (last word gives it away )
                  Jake
                  Sisko (great quote)
                  Vic Fontaine

I think I'm out of shape

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
                  The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
                    One of my favourite DS9 interactions and one of my favourite battle sequences. God, I love Oort clouds and Kuiper belts!
                    I Absolutely Love that scene! (and episode for that matter). What a great clip brother nx, thank's for posting it. I am going to pull that Box Set and give Treachery, Faith and the Great River a viewing tomorrow.

That would be a great episode to highlight in the next quiz brother Fifth.
                    Why do I have the feeling you are just saying that to boost my ego. Hopefully this week I have achieve my goal of beating brother Starbase and Defiant.

A man can dream.
                    LOL, you always say that but quietly for always rock the quizzes. I am way to tired to delve into it this evening, I will give it a go tomorrow.

I love your Jem"Hadar avatar bropther jelgate. That looks like First Kudak'Etan or Second Ixtana'Rax (Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar) from the great season 6 episode One Little Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                      *eats* ... I'd like a wooden spoon though - I have some soup to go with it!
                      I'm happy to share the wooden spoon, that Plomeek soup looks nice!

Comment

Well, in this part of the world we call it "vegetable soup" but you're more than welcome to join in, I have plenty!
                        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                        Yes, I am!
                        sigpic
                        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                          ]LOL, you always say that but quietly for always rock the quizzes. I am way to tired to delve into it this evening, I will give it a go tomorrow.
                          I don't quite get what your saying.
                          I love your Jem"Hadar avatar bropther jelgate. That looks like First Kudak'Etan or Second Ixtana'Rax (Alpha Quadrant Jem'Hadar) from the great season 6 episode One Little Ship.
                          Very impressive. For you are correct
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't quite get what your saying.
                            LOL, reading it back it doesn't make much sense does it. I was dead tired last night when I logged on. I was trying to compliment you on your Trek knowledge.
                            Originally posted by jelgate
                            Very impressive. For you are correct
                            I know my Trek characters. Plus after rewatching DS9 more times than I can remember I can pretty easily distinguish the difference between the various Jem'Hadar that had speaking roles. Star Trek is truly the King of bringing very realistic looking aliens to life. Again, very cool avatar brother jelgate.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              1) C
                              2) B
                              3) A
                              4) C
                              5) B
                              6) D
                              7) C
                              8) B
                              9) A
                              10) D
                              11) C
                              12) D
                              13) Quantum slip stream tech. ...7 of 9 ... ???
                              14) Professor Moriarty ... Dr Pulaski ... Geordi
                              15) Obsidian Order ... Tal'Shiar ... 20 ships ... Eddington ... Stasis Field ... Col. Lovak ... Lovak let them go
                              16) Claustrophobia ... Accused of killing Garak's father ... He tried to blow up the Founders home world ... ???
                              17) Rom ... O'Brien ... Garak ... Quark ... ??? ... Sisko ... Vic ("pally" lol)
                              Great quiz brother Fifth. I had forgotten how much fun it is to twist your brain when it comes to Star Trek. I think I do ok, I was iffy on a few of those multiple choice questions and I left a few blank on the written in ones.

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                                LOL, reading it back it doesn't make much sense does it. I was dead tired last night when I logged on. I was trying to compliment you on your Trek knowledge.
                                Very tricky brother Starbase. You and brother Fifth are trying to boost my ego so I will become overconfident and arrogant in the next quiz. This arrogance will limit my chances in the next quiz to complete my goal of beating brother Defiant and yourself in a quiz.

I jest of course
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X