Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aka the alley next door?

Fifth: I can't remember about the Tal Shiar, but I'll look it up when I have more free net time. As for the Obsidian Order, it all began in the excellent episode 'Defiant'! Transporter clone Riker stealing the Defiant and scanning the Arias/Orias/whetever system, being confronted by the advanced Cardassian ships, the Obsidian Order lady smiling evilly at Dukat...
    Military power was the domain of the government and military on Cardassia. Fear, intimidation, espionage and anti-torture devices were the purview of the O.Order.
    I quite like that. O.Order.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I see I'm the only one who adored the Ferengi from the getgo, then
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        I see I'm the only one who adored the Ferengi from the getgo, then
        Nope, I have always adored Quark, which is interesting because I didn't like the Ferengi we saw on TNG, they were too one-dimensional. Quark, Rom, and Nog were always interesting to me.

Comment

I don't mind Rom and Nog but hate Quark with a passion. I know the Ferengi is meant as a satire to 100% capatialist country but I just find it sick and disgusting
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
            Nope, I have always adored Quark, which is interesting because I didn't like the Ferengi we saw on TNG, they were too one-dimensional. Quark, Rom, and Nog were always interesting to me.
            Well that's exactly what they did with DS9, isn' it? They turned the Ferengi from a one dimensional random species to actual people.

@jelgate - Quark was far, far from just being a satire - he did become an actual character as times went by, he didn't act always like that satire that's th key to a good character, I think. Yeah, there was the element of satire in his behaviour, but it dind't define him.
            Yes, I am!
            sigpic
            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I wasn't talking about Quark when I meant satire. Like all DS9 characters he is more complex like that. He plotting and arrogance got on my nerve too much. I kept on waiting for the day Odo shoved him out the airlock. Why couldn't Damar kill him instead of Ziya? She was much more interesting. Sadly thar day never came
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                Well that's exactly what they did with DS9, isn' it? They turned the Ferengi from a one dimensional random species to actual people.

@jelgate - Quark was far, far from just being a satire - he did become an actual character as times went by, he didn't act always like that satire that's th key to a good character, I think. Yeah, there was the element of satire in his behaviour, but it dind't define him.
                I liked the surprising sides of Quark we got to see: the Klingon woman he was in love with, the cardassian woman he also loved, helping cardassian dissidents, his relationship with odo was fun, the way he would hide his good tendencies, and his constant quoting of the rules of acquisition.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I wasn't talking about Quark when I meant satire. Like all DS9 characters he is more complex like that. He plotting and arrogance got on my nerve too much. I kept on waiting for the day Odo shoved him out the airlock. Why couldn't Damar kill him instead of Ziya? She was much more interesting. Sadly thar day never came
                *note to self.... never, EVER get on Jelgate's nerves*

Comment

Its too late for you Lady Rac as your already on my bad side. You keep on beating me at the quizies
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Its too late for you Lady Rac as your already on my bad side. You keep on beating me at the quizies
                    I enjoy beating you! (and the other guys! ) just blame my better half for the years of TNG and other trek. we are both trekkies.
                    Last edited by Rac80; 27 January 2009, 03:41 AM.

Comment

Don't get too cocky. I have beaten you a few times. A lot of times its the luck of the draw. It depends what questions brother Fifth brings out. I am in some ways like you in unpopular. Out of the 90s Treks (TNG/DS9/VOY) I like TNG the least. Piccard annoyed me like nothing else
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Don't get too cocky. I have beaten you a few times. A lot of times its the luck of the draw. It depends what questions brother Fifth brings out. I am in some ways like you in unpopular. Out of the 90s Treks (TNG/DS9/VOY) I like TNG the least. Piccard annoyed me like nothing else
                        AHHH a guy after my own heart! I really disliked the first season of TNG universally and only liked selected eps afterwards. Loved the Klingon stuff (and "woof" as Q called him) but hate Picard with a vengence. (Yeppers I know you beat me from time to time, just feeling sassy today! ) One of my fave trek eps is from TNG.... the Enterprise C .... "yesterday's enterprise". Hubby loves the TNGs on the fan collectives (he wanted to buy the entire series then saw the price ) and watches them more than I do. DS9 will always hold top spot in my heart though.

Comment

*is entertained*
                          Yes, I am!
                          sigpic
                          Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I hate to admit it, but I try not to watch 'Yesterday's Enterprise' because of the painfully bad ship battles. I know, I know. *hangs head in shame* When I DO rewatch it, I try to cut to the Tasha and Guinan parts.
                            sigpic
                            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I watch Yesterday's Enterprise for what if scenario. I wished their was less emphasis on the Ent C and more on the Klingon-Federation War. At the same time we never would have gotten Sela in Redemption if it wasn't for this episode.
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Hubby and I would have both loved a movie about the final battle of the enterprise C.

I know I am weird, I like time-travel paradox shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X