Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ./freelancer View Post
    Let me now when you're done with politics and religion, and this thread has returned to...well, anything but that
    LOL, I was thinking the samething brother ./freelancer. I have no problems with most any kind of discussion on this thread, sure religion and politics are both hot button issues and are always subject matter for a heated debate (that being said, have you noticed I have steered completely clear of any of this discussion). But hey, that's fine with me, especially with the elections happening this week. So let them burn themselves out for another few days and I will make sure we start the scifi/Trek discussion back in earnest come Monday.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Can we have a Trek quiz on Thanksgiving week?

I'm on vacation
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
        LOL yes I know but you said TNG was full of plotholes, how so?
        TNG was the King of plotholes and inconsistencies brother J1. I found a very interesting breakdown of all the various plotholes uncovered from every Trek series and movie ever made, maybe you might remember I posted some on it here about a year ago. Part of the list is comprised of plotholes that writers and producers readily admit to, while the other part of the list is comprised by loyal fans that have cataloged the various plotholes and inconsistencies over the years.

If memory serves me right TNG and TOS were the tops in plotholes as far the various Trek series go. ENT was also loaded with plot holes VOY was next on the list and our baby DS9 was at the bottom of the list (where you want to be last in) with the fewest plotholes. I will try and dig it up and re-post some of it in the near future, it truly is a great read.
        the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
        Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
          TNG was the King of plotholes and inconsistencies brother J1. I found a very interesting breakdown of all the various plotholes uncovered from every Trek series and movie ever made, maybe you might remember I posted some on it here about a year ago. Part of the list is comprised of plotholes that writers and producers readily admit to, while the other part of the list is comprised by loyal fans that have cataloged the various plotholes and inconsistencies over the years.

If memory serves me right TNG and TOS were the tops in plotholes as far the various Trek series go. ENT was also loaded with plot holes VOY was next on the list and our baby DS9 was at the bottom of the list (where you want to be last in) with the fewest plotholes. I will try and dig it up and re-post some of it in the near future, it truly is a great read.
          I don't suppose you have a numerical representation
          Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll be interested to read that. I'm not one to really look out for plot holes, I tend to just sit back and enjoy the stories being told. However, sometimes, plot holes are too annoying to ignore!

I wanted to ask Fifth Race, how is your back these days?

Comment

LOL, I was thinking the samething brother ./freelancer. I have no problems with most any kind of discussion on this thread, sure religion and politics are both hot button issues and are always subject matter for a heated debate (that being said, have you noticed I have steered completely clear of any of this discussion). But hey, that's fine with me, especially with the elections happening this week. So let them burn themselves out for another few days and I will make sure we start the scifi/Trek discussion back in earnest come Monday.
              Smart man brother Fifth, if you have noticed I have completely stayed out of the politcal back and forth myself. I admire you letting it go on, with the group on here, even with a wide array of varying opinions, everyone is respectful and even understanding of opposing opinion. That is a great testament to our fellow superior thread brethren, you all rock liberals and conservatives alike!. It's also alot of fun reading everyones opinions, It really opens your eyes up in to ones soul and exposes there "core values" whenever Poltics or Religion is the subject of discussion, good stuff!. That being said, I will start up the episode discussion again on Monday by posting a new review.
              Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              Can we have a Trek quiz on Thanksgiving week?I'm on vacation
              That actually sound pretty fun brother jelgate. The wife and I are staying home for the holidays this year so I will be around if brother Fifth does one.
              The USS Defiant Rocks!
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

I remember when you posted that up brother Fifth, that was awhile ago. If I remember right, it did have numerical breakdowns of each series and movie, which I found interesting. I remember the website you got it from had an open policy where if you found a new plot-hole yourself you can submit it to them - they will cross-check it and if it is proven they will add it to the list and give you credit for finding it. Very cool stuff!.
                The USS Defiant Rocks!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb1MkhBytFw
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8N1P...eature=related
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRquZ...eature=related

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                  LOL yes I know but you said TNG was full of plotholes, how so?
                  Fifth race has posted a listing of the shows and how they rate. The biggest plothole for me was Riker not taking the first ship he was offered... if you know anything about the military you know that if you turn down a promotion you never EVER get a second chance! that one has irritated me for ages!
                  Number 2 has always been how in hades did picard get back the enterprise after he was locutus... in the military once compromised NEVER trusted again. (also who in heck would appoint a bureaucrat like picard to run a ship?????) those are my biggest ones!

ty fifth for posting this. I too would love to see the list again.

Comment

Mmm. Steering away from the more controversial stuff, but I do feel the need to be heard so, erm. And hey! Tis not Monday yet.

Originally posted by nx01a View Post

I've always assumed that loving who you want, having that union recognized by TPTB and accorded the same negatives and positives as accorded to other unions was a human right, just like not being owned by someone while having the right to vote. Perhaps that's what the 'civil partnership' thing is about, independent of the church entirely.
                    Yes. The assertion made earlier that the only reason gay couples want the right to marry is for financial reasons is wrong. Just like heterosexuals want to declare their love and commitment in an official way and for them marriage is often that way regardless of the financial benefits, so do gay couples. Marriage is by far no longer a religious issue (cough, unless you're in my country, sigh) - people don't have to get married in a church, they can do it in city hall, for example. The fact that there are religious gay couples who would have liked the chance to get married in a religiuos ceremony is something else altogether.

As for the financial benefit claim, well.. why not? Isn't that a part of equality? That if heterosexual couples are entitled to financial benefits due to their being married, so should gay couples, or else it's discrimination?
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

@ Rac... Picard was a great captain, but the Woolsey of Trek?
                      The Locutus incident didn't bother me as a 10 yo kid, especially since I saw Picard cry about it in the next episode. His returning to active duty and having that incident rear its head... what... 5 times at most during the rest of the show? Picard was the last remaining Borg that Starfleet had access to. He should have been in a Section 31 lab being dissected. And the interaction between the Borg implants and his artificial heart was never touched on, was it? Even Tuvok's robot tennis elbow was mentioned.

@ Pitry...I say again: Anna. Nicole. Smith. She got married to be entitled to financial benefits.

So, on Monday, we end all this sociopolitical discourse... for a bit.
                      Last edited by nx01a; 08 November 2008, 12:02 PM.
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Maybe we are these political talks because brother Davis and Lady Rac have been replaced by Changelings
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Probably. They've been recently booted out of their seats of power and are probably looking for somewhere to lay low. I blamed Changeling infiltration for the last 8 years of... Well, you know. Either Changelings or Drakh.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Your getting close to politics brother nx01a
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Could be the Master working behind the scenes!
                              Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                              Yes, I am!
                              sigpic
                              Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                              Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                              Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

If I get the Valiant out of it, then I sure hope so!
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X