Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    Heathens, the lot of ya
    I've seen them, I haven't seen them again due to heston becoming a nutball and I haven't seen the new one because I just hate Matt Damon.

Comment

Davis: That sounds like me and Will Smith, ruining all these potentially great sci-fi movies...
      Last edited by nx01a; 15 June 2008, 10:47 AM.
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
        "But I shot the nuclear bombs right at the sun!"
        "The sun's 92 million miles away."
        "Then where're they heading?"

"New York."
        Knowone important lives in New York
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Lieutenant Colonel Davis View Post
          I've seen them, I haven't seen them again due to heston becoming a nutball and I haven't seen the new one because I just hate Matt Damon.
          It was Mark Walberg but yeah they look kinda alike. And the new one sucked. Which is sad because I generally love Tim Burton movies!

Comment

Don't bother with the remake. It's a piece of garbage I've never been able to forgive Burton for, and consequently resolved never to see any of his movies after that again.
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Heathens, the lot of ya
              Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
              Great observation, TrekGirl and yes, I got that impression too.

That's okay, TrekGirl, Jelgate and Jumper. I still consider you all my friends.

Indeed, do check out this ultra classic. This film gets frequently played on my DVD player and each time I see something new. It is based on the Pierre Boulle novel, the screenplay was co-written by Michael Wilson and the great Rod Serling, go figure and directed by Franklin J. Schaffner. By the way, the tv series was quite good too. Have you seen it, brother FR?
              Which, for anyone unfamiliar with the franchise history, is actually the story as the original author Pierre Boulle wrote it
              Nice to know I am not the only afficianado of the original planet of the apes here. I loved all Heston's works and really enjoyed the first "apes" movie. (my hubby has all the movies on dvd.) I also remember the tv series from the 70's that only lasted half a season (I think.) but was good fun. I also loved the planet of the apes book, it is a treat to read.

It was Mark Walberg in the new movie.
              Too bad, heston's work is definitely superior to much of the drivel and dreck hollywood passes off as entertainment today. I recently bought my better half The Ten Commandments and Ben Hur. Great great mvoies! (If all people stopped watching or listening to all the entertainers they disagreed with politically... hollywood would be very poor! )

Comment

I've been catching up on some classic sci-fi recently. Forbidden Planet. Barbarella.
                I loved both the Forbidden Planet and especially Barbarella. I recently bought both Barbarella and Blade Runner on Blu-Ray.
                Originally posted by nx01a
                1000th post!!! I get to guard the Royals now!
                Congrats brother nx, all we got do is get your green bars maxed out and you are golden.
                That sound like me and Will Smith, ruining all these potentially great sci-fi movies...
                Amen!. I won't say I hate Will Smith, but I do think he has been the wrong choice for a lot of very cool scifi movies he has been in. I wish he would just go back to making anything other than scifi.
                Originally posted by Trek_Girl42 View Post
                It was Mark Walberg but yeah they look kinda alike. And the new one sucked. Which is sad because I generally love Tim Burton movies!
                Don't let that sad excuse for a movie that Wahlberg starred in sway you from watching the Original Planet of the Apes. Not only is the original better, it's also a completely different story.

By the way, I finally got around to watching (twice actually) the Dr. Who episode The Unicorn and the Wasp. - Ya'all weren't lying when you said it was a great episode. Definetly my favorite this season.
                the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The tribal sky gods are pleased that you approve, Fifth. I trust the coming silence in the library won't scare you too much; the librarian's quite strict.

I'm a comics geek, I make no apologies, but the thought of him starring in what should be a really great, serious look at superheroics with a geniunely human feel and SPECTACULAR effects that should have been straight out of the last Superman movie... the thought of that makes me feel a bit ill. I know it wasn't HIS fault I Am legend went from a psychological novel that gave me the chills to an action movie that left me going...
                  Spoiler:
                  OMGWTFGRENADEHEADBUTT?!?!
                  but still, he was involved, and I'm quite still quite miffed.
                  Last edited by nx01a; 15 June 2008, 10:52 AM.
                  sigpic
                  More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Starbase View Post
                    The Sci Fi Channel has a proven formula for creating low-budget quasi-horror/fantasy/sci-fi/action flicks that ably insult the intelligence of the average science fiction/fantasy/horror fan. Absurd premise + Vancouver filming locations + has-been stars + five-year-old cheap CGI = Sunday movie marathon or gathering dust on the shelf at Blockbuster.
                    LOL, lest we forget other memorable Sci Fi Channel flicks such as ... Anonymous Rex ... The Man with the Screaming Brain ... S.S. Doomtrooper ... and my personal favorite Mansquito.
                    These movies used to turn up on the movie channels Sky in the UK offered! I’m still trying to recover from seeing a really terrible cheaply shot version of ‘Dante’s Peak’ even after all these years! Even the presence of Don S. Davis couldn’t make the experience of watching this any better! Watching badly CGI’d lava flows meandering through the Vancouver landscape was truly groan inducing!!!!

I had a look on the BC Film Commission’s filming list to see if there are any truly horrible sounding Sci Fi movies in the making from the titles that are currently filming here.

I did find a movie called ‘Farewell Atlantis’ Directed and produced by our friends Roland and Ute Emmerich no less! It’s slated to start filming in Vancouver at the end of July. I can’t find any further info about it on the net though, so I’m just wondering if it’s so bad they’re just keeping quiet about it!! LOL!

Good grief! There are people here who haven’t seen the original Planet of the Apes?! I saw that when it came out in the cinema, blew me away! Seeing what mankind was reduced to, astounding movie. It’s one I watch again and again! One that in my opinion was a prime candidate for being left alone, really didn’t like the remake! Personally, I hate remakes of classic Sci Fi movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Rac80 View Post
                      Too bad, heston's work is definitely superior to much of the drivel and dreck hollywood passes off as entertainment today. I recently bought my better half The Ten Commandments and Ben Hur. Great great mvoies! (If all people stopped watching or listening to all the entertainers they disagreed with politically... hollywood would be very poor! )
                      I wholeheartedly agree Lady Rac. I may not have agreed with Heston's political views but come on, that's a poor excuse. The guy has made some truly great movies, including epics, westerns, war, and even a handful of great scifi flicks including the Planet of the Apes, The Omega Man and Soylent Green to name a few. Those were all very good and very creepy movies.
                      Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                      Good grief! There are people here who haven’t seen the original Planet of the Apes?! I saw that when it came out in the cinema, blew me away! Seeing what mankind was reduced to, astounding movie. It’s one I watch again and again! One that in my opinion was a prime candidate for being left alone, really didn’t like the remake! Personally, I hate remakes of classic Sci Fi movies.
                      Well said Kris, remakes are never as good as the original and are usually crap all together. They remade both Heston movies, - the Planet of the Apes and The Omega Man (both fell way short of the originals) and now I hear they are remaking his other great scifi movie Soylent Green.

Comment

Not a remake, but there's a sequel to Donnie Darko coming out. BUT the original writer/director's not involved. Scary.
                        sigpic
                        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

What is WITH this double posting now?!
                          Last edited by nx01a; 16 June 2008, 09:49 AM.
                          sigpic
                          More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Nah, what's really scary is that anyone actually liked the first one. All it was was "It's A Wonderful Life", redone poorly with Alice in Wonderland delusions, and James Stewart makes the opposite choice. Whoopee ****ing doo.
                            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                              These movies used to turn up on the movie channels Sky in the UK offered! I’m still trying to recover from seeing a really terrible cheaply shot version of ‘Dante’s Peak’ even after all these years! Even the presence of Don S. Davis couldn’t make the experience of watching this any better! Watching badly CGI’d lava flows meandering through the Vancouver landscape was truly groan inducing!!!!

I had a look on the BC Film Commission’s filming list to see if there are any truly horrible sounding Sci Fi movies in the making from the titles that are currently filming here.

I did find a movie called ‘Farewell Atlantis’ Directed and produced by our friends Roland and Ute Emmerich no less! It’s slated to start filming in Vancouver at the end of July. I can’t find any further info about it on the net though, so I’m just wondering if it’s so bad they’re just keeping quiet about it!! LOL!

too true... leave the classic movies alone!
                              My hubby loves what I call "stupid scifi" he will watch them simply to heckle them! he loves the crap that shows up on scifi channel for that reason.
                              One of the worst mainstream scifi movies was Volcano... talk about bad special effects! (tommy lee Jones should be ashamed of himself)

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                                Were have I failed you three, 'never seen (the original) Planet of the Apes', shame, for shame. LOL The original Planet of the Apes is not only one of the greatest scifi movies of all-time, it is truly one of the best movies you will ever see (nothing like the modern day drivel re-make). Definetly way ahead of its time, even by today's standard's. The social commentary was brilliantly portrayed while flipping the tables on the human race (we are not the dominant species anymore).

And yes brother jelgate, I still love you as well as brother J1 and Lady Trek.
                                LOLOL, indeed!.
                                LOL thanks brother Fifth

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                                For those who have never seen the Academy Award winning original 1968 film Planet of the Apes starring Charleton Heston, Roddy McDowell, Kim Hunter and Maurice Evans, do yourself a favor and get a copy of this movie.
                                will do

Originally posted by Whitestar View Post
                                That's okay, TrekGirl, Jelgate and Jumper. I still consider you all my friends.
                                thanks

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                                Knowone important lives in New York
                                what about Brian?

Not a remake, but there's a sequel to Donnie Darko coming out. BUT the original writer/director's not involved. Scary.
                                ugh Donnie Darko's a really cool movie but a sequel? yup very scary
                                sigpic
                                The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X