Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
    That screwed up priority has shown them to be very brave in other shows. They took over two different Enterprises (1701-D and NX-01), attacked the Enterprise (1701-D) during a battle simulation, kidnapped the Troi's and Riker, threatened to destroy the Barzan wormhole. Criminal yes, but takes some balls to after the 1701-D like that.
    Indeed!. You can say same thing about the group of familiar Ferengi we saw in the ENT season I episode Acquisition - where the Ferengi ship docked with the NX-01 after gassing/sleep the entire crew (except for Trip who was in de-con at the time) - they wanted to raid Enterprise's (presumed vault) and anything else that wasn't nailed down LOL It's like that greedy gene kicks in when there is a profit to be made that literally forces most all Ferengi to risk life and limb for anything of value. In some ways they are the essence of some humanities worst qualities

BTW: what's the avatar brother Saber. My eyes are bad, I can't make it out on my lap-top.
    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

The avatar is Dukat rubbing a dermal regenerator over his arse in front of Kira when he sat on something while looking for Ziyal and survivors of her ship.

It's episodes like the one in Enterprise that show how brave the Ferengi can be when they don't expect to get caught, but when we have TNG which shows how brave they can be when they don't care about getting caught. DS9 later adds to the bravery but shows more of their often questionable priorities.

sigpic

Comment

Thats kinda weird how i was just watching the SFdebris review of that episode and i come on here and someone has created an avatar of Dukats ass

Someone should create and avatar of shirtless O'Brien
        Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
          Thats kinda weird how i was just watching the SFdebris review of that episode and i come on here and someone has created an avatar of Dukats ass

Thankfully, I don't recall O'Brien ever being shirtless. So if it's happened in the show, my mind has blocked it out.

sigpic

Comment

The avatar is Dukat rubbing a dermal regenerator over his arse in front of Kira when he sat on something while looking for Ziyal and survivors of her ship.
            I couldn't tell what it was either, but now that you mentioned what it is, hilarious! That would make a very cool avatar.
            Originally posted by SaberBlade
            It's episodes like the one in Enterprise that show how brave the Ferengi can be when they don't expect to get caught, but when we have TNG which shows how brave they can be when they don't care about getting caught. DS9 later adds to the bravery but shows more of their often questionable priorities.
            I just rewatched the ENT episode Acquisition a couple of weeks ago when the SyFy network aired an ENT marathon. A pretty decent episode. It's like this bravery switch gets turned when there is potential profit to be made lolol

I guess lucky #13 from the Ferengi "Rules of Acquisiton" say's it all....

13. Anything worth doing is worth doing for money

Comment

I've been busy with work and other things the past few days so I definitely had to laugh when I saw the avatar of Dukat's ass.

Thankfully, I don't recall O'Brien ever being shirtless. So if it's happened in the show, my mind has blocked it out.
              I remember O'Brien getting roughed up by the Cardassians in "Tribunal." They certainly were pretty bad about forcibly stripping off his clothes and giving him an inmate's clothes.

Frankly, I'm very thankful that we were never "treated" to seeing any Cardassians in various forms of undress.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                I remember O'Brien getting roughed up by the Cardassians in "Tribunal." They certainly were pretty bad about forcibly stripping off his clothes and giving him an inmate's clothes.

Frankly, I'm very thankful that we were never "treated" to seeing any Cardassians in various forms of undress.
                Came as a surprise in the b plot of the last episode i watched. One moment ranting to Keiko about how Bashir kicked his a$$ at tennis the next where did his shirt go?

I wouldnt have minded seeing a shirtless cardassian it would have answere the question of where their neck ridges go and possibly helped to explain a bit about their physiology though this being star trek it would have been more likely to raise questions rather than answer them.

Comment

Came as a surprise in the b plot of the last episode i watched. One moment ranting to Keiko about how Bashir kicked his a$$ at tennis the next where did his shirt go?

I wouldnt have minded seeing a shirtless cardassian it would have answere the question of where their neck ridges go and possibly helped to explain a bit about their physiology though this being star trek it would have been more likely to raise questions rather than answer them.
                  Out of purely scientific curiosity, I suppose I wouldn't mind it. But aesthetically speaking, it's not appealing for me to look at and I admit this is purely a personal and subjective thing. I suppose from a Cardassian's perspective, the human and Bajoran physical form could be equally unappealing. I do wonder just what the Cardassian neck trick is supposed to be though. Probably something to do with contorting their neck ridges perhaps?

I find Trill spots, Bajoran noses, Klingon and Xindi ridges to be interesting though.
                  sigpic

Comment

There were a handful of various Cardassian females that were very repitlicious

Hazaah! for Keppinger. He is playing himself into a fat contract with the Giant's next year. I have always kind of liked this guy (a lot like I admired Sanchez when he played for the Pirates before the Giants got him). He has dogged the Giant's (like Sanchez did) in a few different uniforms over the years. You always want to go out and get players that do well against your team - you get someone that you know is good, and the side bonus is that you dont have to face them anymore.
                    the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                    Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Originally posted by the Fifth Race View Post
                      There were a handful of various Cardassian females that were very repitlicious

Hazaah! for Keppinger. He is playing himself into a fat contract with the Giant's next year. I have always kind of liked this guy (a lot like I admired Sanchez when he played for the Pirates before the Giants got him). He has dogged the Giant's (like Sanchez did) in a few different uniforms over the years. You always want to go out and get players that do well against your team - you get someone that you know is good, and the side bonus is that you dont have to face them anymore.
                      I do agree that Tracy Scoggins' character in "Destiny" was definitely more appealing than your average Cardassian.

Ah, I definitely enjoyed watching Keppinger get 4 solid hits and a sacrifice fly for the Giants' victory earlier. Kepp is one of those solid veterans that helps form the backbone of any team he's on. He's not the flashiest guy in the world but he's steady and dependable. And my God can he hit well. He's got such a wonderfully disciplined swing that even Kruk, Kuip, Jon and the Flem are giving him some praise. Best of all, Kepp will be staying with he Giants at least through next year as he doesn't go up for arbitration until the end of 2012. He's definitely one of the better pickups for the Giants in recent years.
                      sigpic

Comment

Out of purely scientific curiosity, I suppose I wouldn't mind it. But aesthetically speaking, it's not appealing for me to look at and I admit this is purely a personal and subjective thing. I suppose from a Cardassian's perspective, the human and Bajoran physical form could be equally unappealing. I do wonder just what the Cardassian neck trick is supposed to be though. Probably something to do with contorting their neck ridges perhaps?

I find Trill spots, Bajoran noses, Klingon and Xindi ridges to be interesting though.
                        Ah the cardassian neck trick i had forgotten that!
                        I suppose it could be contorting their neck ridges it might depend on where the neck ridges end. I would imagine they tail off at the arm socket joint thing but it could go further down. It could even be like Trill spots and head straight down, not all the way otherwise why call them neck ridges, but maybe far enough to tail off just below the pectoral muscles.

Personally i always imagined the cardassian neck trick meant that they could curl their heads round like an owl which makes no sense except in my head. I can just picture Dukat doing something like that to freak Kira out.

Dont know about other humanoid forms but Bajorans are definitely not unappealing to Cardassians though am mainly based on the bahaviour of Dukat and the other Cardassian officers who were very appreciative of the Bajoran 'comfort' women that were sent to the station. In fact Cardassians men seem to be of the screw anything female and humanoid mentality.

Comment

I always thought the Cardassian Neck Trick was just Odo altering his appearance to look like them, rather than his default humanoid/Bajoran inspired look.

sigpic

Comment

Yes now that i actually stop and think about it rather than jumping straight into speculation mode the cardassian neck trick comment was referring to Odo not actual cardassians. I feel so disappointed at least i still have a visual of Dukat twisting his head upside down like an owl to amuse me

Comment

I always thought the Cardassian neck trick had to do with rotating the neck almost 180º. However, I wonder whether or not it could mean puffing up the neck ridges in a way similar to the way Phlox was able to with his face in ENT's "Home."
                              sigpic

Comment

Avery Brooks is narrating 'Drain the Ocean' on National Geographic right now.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X