Deep Space 9 Superior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
    Well Sisko probably has the best desk out of all the Star Trek captains.
    And bringing back my lists Linda loves so much
    Favorite Chief Engineers (For DS9 I consider O'Brien the chief engineer)
    1. LaForge
    2. O'Brien
    3. Scotty
    4. Torres
    5. Trip
    Ooh I can play at this game....
    1. Scotty: I learned probably the most valuable life lesson out there from Scotty....the 'Scotty factor'. When telling someone you'll do something for them (especially if it's your boss), always overestimate the amount of time it'll take you to do it. That way when you get it done faster, you look like a miracle worker
    2. O'Brien: Even though I haven't got a drop of Irish in me, I can certainly sympathize with and relate to his crotchety good nature. He'll do whatever you ask of him to the best of his ability--but gets a bit annoyed about it, because everyone's always asking for something.
    3. La Forge: No disrespect having him at the bottom, I love Geordi too. He's a terrific engineer who worked wonders with two Enterprises. He only ranks (very) slightly lower because he's a bit of a goody-two-shoes
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'll play along.

1) Scotty. The others really have nothing on that guy. He wasn't just a miracle worker because he over-estimated, he really DID work miracles! She might not have been able to give any more power, but he somehow got it out of her.
      2) The others...

Hmm. Almost @ page 600!
      sigpic
      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I'm only at page 240
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Hooray for the people who keep the ship working.

Here's my favorite chief engineers list (1 and 2 are interchangeable ):
          1. LaForge - There's something great and relatable about the way Burton plays the character. His friendship with Data remains one of my favorites of the franchise. Very underrated.

2. O'Brien - The everyman. The guy next door. Love his friendship with Bashir. The "O'Brien must suffer" episodes are some of my favorites of the series and it's because 1. Colm Meany is great and 2. The character is so relatable that it's hard to watch this stuff happen to him and yet interesting to see at the same time.

3. Scotty - A charming guy who remains a classic to this day. "I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain!"

4. Torres - One of the better characters on the show, I think. The constant fight between her Klingon side and her human side was good and I did like her relationship with Tom.

?. Trip - Hmm... he's alright, I guess.
          sigpic
          "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
          DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
            Well Sisko probably has the best desk out of all the Star Trek captains.
            And bringing back my lists Linda loves so much
            Favorite Chief Engineers (For DS9 I consider O'Brien the chief engineer)
            1. LaForge
            2. O'Brien
            3. Scotty
            4. Torres
            5. Trip
            *nods head*

MY LIST..

1. Scotty (what, he's Scottish )
            2. Trip (what, he's hot. And his voice....mmmm)
            3. O'Brien (what, there's just something about him that's so.....likable *shrugs*)
            4. Torres (earlier Torres when she lost the head so easy )
            5. La Forge (what, I didn't really take to him much )
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
              3. O'Brien (what, there's just something about him that's so.....likable *shrugs*)
              It's that everyman thing. Same reason why the Chief was such a popular character in BSG
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                It's that everyman thing. Same reason why the Chief was such a popular character in BSG
                Exactly. I guess the DS9 writers have something against Engineers in general.
                sigpic
                "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by Descent View Post
                  Exactly. I guess the DS9 writers have something against Engineers in general.
                  No not at all. Remember the 'engineer-appreciation-episode', when O'Brien was on 'vacation' and everything on DS9 was falling apart without him?

Then again...he was beaten up by the Orion Syndicate AND the local police in that one, so maybe you are right...they DO have something against Engineers in general
                  sigpic
                  Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                  Spoiler:
                  Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                  You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                    Aye could be. He wasn't exactly anything to look at but he was a damn fine engineer and a good friend to have and I believe he would do anything to protect his friends

DS9 did have a great cast, it wasn't just all about the hot hero type guy with the sixpack or the hot woman with 36-24-36 measurements and skimpy outfits that showed her cleavage
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Karhedron View Post
                      No not at all. Remember the 'engineer-appreciation-episode', when O'Brien was on 'vacation' and everything on DS9 was falling apart without him?

Then again...he was beaten up by the Orion Syndicate AND the local police in that one, so maybe you are right...they DO have something against Engineers in general
                      But....but....whump is good
                      sigpic

Comment

DS9 did have a great cast, it wasn't just all about the hot hero type guy with the sixpack or the hot woman with 36-24-36 measurements and skimpy outfits that showed her cleavage
                        Hey, I think Trip is more than the hot hero type guy. Something like :

Archer : I need Warp 5 for the next 3 hours.
                        Trip : Captain,I'm already keeping this ship together with spit and good wishes. If I try this we will have pieces of the engine fly past our ears.
                        Archer : Do it Trip.
                        Trip : Aye, Sir.

(3 hours and a lot of lightning blasts and fried consoles later)

Archer : Good work Trip!
                        Trip : Thanks Captain. Just promise me not to do this again anytime soon...I'll be damned!
                        Archer : What's the matter?
                        Trip : The warp engine is done for.
                        Archer : How long to repair it?
                        Trip : I don't know. I'll have to build one from scratch. I think we have a toaster and a microwave in cargobay 2.

Trip is the MacGyver of Enterprise
                        sigpic
                        Spoiler:
                        You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Hey, I think Trip is more than the hot hero type guy. Something like :

Archer : I need Warp 5 for the next 3 hours.
                          Trip : Captain,I'm already keeping this ship together with spit and good wishes. If I try this we will have pieces of the engine fly past our ears.
                          Archer : Do it Trip.
                          Trip : Aye, Sir.

(3 hours and a lot of lightning blasts and fried consoles later)

Archer : Good work Trip!
                          Trip : Thanks Captain. Just promise me not to do this again anytime soon...I'll be damned!
                          Archer : What's the matter?
                          Trip : The warp engine is done for.
                          Archer : How long to repair it?
                          Trip : I don't know. I'll have to build one from scratch. I think we have a toaster and a microwave in cargobay 2.

Trip is the MacGyver of Enterprise
                          Well everyone needs a MacGyver

I love that setup in that SG-1 ep (solitudes I think it was. when they were stuck on Antarctica), when Amanda started going on about MacGyver, always makes me laugh
                          sigpic

Comment

Well everyone needs a MacGyver
                            If all else fails he could still polarize something....that should do the trick

I love that setup in that SG-1 ep (solitudes I think it was. when they were stuck on Antarctica), when Amanda started going on about MacGyver, always makes me laugh
                            That one ?
                            sigpic
                            Spoiler:

Comment

If all else fails he could still polarize something....that should do the trick
                              Yep, works every time

That's the one
                              sigpic

Comment

Okay. Who let the fangirls in.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X