Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman Returns: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

id like them to make a sequal i like the superman films

sig by starlover1990

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_girl
      id like them to make a sequal i like the superman films
      I wouldnt mind another either, so long as they dont rush it...
      Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Overall it was a good film I thought. But... the kid being Superman's son. IIRC, the only time they actually 'got down to business' was in Superman II, and then at the end he kisses her and makes her forget everything. So isn't she going to wonder about it now? Could he really have been so much faster than a speeding bullet that she didn't even notice it?

A sci-fi/steampunk/fantasy novel... with color pictures!
        My Blog

“This summer on Sci-Fi... as part of our five year mission to find the lowest common denominator, we bring you… Extreme Psychic Reality Makeover…!"

Comment

Today someone pointed out to me a big continuity error in the film.

Superman's costume is able to withstand re-entry numerous times, the machine gun bullets, all the gas and flames from the gas explosion, and tons of other stuff. But when Superman gets admitted to the hospital the doctor just rips the costume right open with his hand (or maybe a pair of scissors). What's up with that? When I head that I cracked up laughing.

Comment

^Yeah, I noticed that too...
            But I just thought that it the spandex had some regenerative ability or perhaps o'l Supe just lasered it back into shape.

I'm sure one can fanwank through this one if one wanted to.
            sigpic
            "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

i liked it, abit long but really good
              i notised an error, well not really but still
              Lois Lane cannot go a month without putting herself in mortal danger, and having to be rescued by Superman.
              How can she suvive five years of superman not being around.
              Hola

Hello

Comment

UK DVD Release Date: 4th December 2006

Comment

First of all, i loved the film. Thought it was top notch. Look forward to a sequel with Bryan Singer again at the helm.

About people complaining that thios was essentially a remake of the original Donner film, then, in many ways it is. But Singer himself statded long ago that he wanted this film to take you on the same journey as the original Superman. Essentially, this was a 'reintroduction' of the Donner Superman films, not a reboot. So what better way to reintyroduce a character than to give fans what they loved about the original, give us better effects and some new plot points to continue on from the Donner films... and i like to call Superman Returns the NEW Superman 3.

About the Superman getting beaten by Luthurs henchman, i REALLY enjoyed that bit... for me, the best part of the film. Not because I hate Superman, or that i'm a sadist... just because you don't expect it to happen to Superman. And him getting stabbed by Luthur multiple times in the same wond (just jabbing the kryptonite whilst still in him) was brilliant. And the way the Henchman grabbed his face and dragged him with Superman struggling... loved it. IT showed a real vulnrable side to him.

Bring on the SR sequel (or as i'd like to call it, the NEW Superman 4), with hopefully Brainiac or doomsday as his enemy. I can't wait.

Rimmer: 'I cant let you out'
                  Lister: 'Why not?'
                  Rimmer: 'Because the king of the potato people wont let me. I begged him. I got down on my knees and wept. He wants to keep you here, keep you here for 10 years'
                  Cat: 'Can we see him?'
                  Rimmer: 'See who?'
                  Cat: 'The king.'
                  Rimmer: 'Do you have a magic carpet?'
                  Lister: 'Yeah...a little 3 seater'
                  Rimmer: 'So let me get this straight, you want to fly on a magic carpet to see the king of the potato people, and plead with him for your freedom. And your telling me your completely sane?'

Comment

Originally posted by TheWarrior
                    UK DVD Release Date: 4th December 2006
                    Already???
                    Actor:"A zombie has no will of his own. You see them sometimes, walking around blindly with dead eyes. Following orders." Not knowing what they do, not caring."Bob Hope :" You mean like Democrats?"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWpU8...elated&search=Bob Hope in the movie ghostbreakers.

Comment

Im surprised a lot of people liked this movie, I found it to be a pretty pointless rehash. Smallville is way better than this movie. Not to mention the fact that they played John Williams original score to death...I think Bryan should've just done X3.
                      sigpic
                      "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                      DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                        Already???
                        desperate to keep the money comming in.

movie tanked, related merchandise is not selling. dvds are the last hope to make real profit on the film and maybe convince somebody a sequel is justified. (which i think it's not)
                        Thanks!
                        Jordan

my page
                        My LJ
                        From now on, our name will be 'Tenac'.

Comment

Originally posted by yaaayoubetcha
                          desperate to keep the money comming in.

movie tanked, related merchandise is not selling. dvds are the last hope to make real profit on the film and maybe convince somebody a sequel is justified. (which i think it's not)
                          if by tanked, you means 350 millions worldwide... thats pretty good (but less than i thought)

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight
                            Today someone pointed out to me a big continuity error in the film.

Superman's costume is able to withstand re-entry numerous times, the machine gun bullets, all the gas and flames from the gas explosion, and tons of other stuff. But when Superman gets admitted to the hospital the doctor just rips the costume right open with his hand (or maybe a pair of scissors). What's up with that? When I head that I cracked up laughing.
                            Plus in the TV of Lois and Clark: the new adventures of Superman. His father's ironing the cape (season 2) and the cape ends up getting burnt. Not to mention the whole outfit was made with earth cloth, in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Anqueetas
                              if by tanked, you means 350 millions worldwide... thats pretty good (but less than i thought)
                              Meh, I don't think it deserved it.
                              sigpic
                              "Space is disease and danger wrapped in darkness and silence."
                              DS9 Superior|Farscape|Legend of the Seeker|Stargate Universe|STAR WARS

Comment

I finally got around to watch this film (in IMAX 3D, no less) and actually got to watch the first 2 hour twice (the projector failed in the first viewing). Anyhow, I enjoyed the movie for the most part although Superman has never been my favorite superohero although I do like comics.

My two favorite things were probably the reuse of John Williams' original score AND that Superman did NOT go back in time (that really ruined the first Superman for me) or just mysterious lose and regain his power (was there a pseudo explanation of how that was achieved in Superman 2...other than by the magic of the Fortress of Solitude)?

The length didn't bother the first time although on the second viewing (which suffered since it wasn't that much later than the first one), I thought some of the earlier part dragged a bit.

Also, sort of disappointed with Kal Penn (Kumar from Harold and Kumar goes to White Castle)'s lack of significant part in the film. I thought he could probably be used for more comic relief or something.

As for the 3D part, I'm sure Bryan Singer will try to recut the film again to make it even more suitable for 3D. Other than a couple of very brief but cool scenes, most of the 3D part were a bit too fast for the viewer to really appriciate them (not to mention that it's only about 20 minutes of the film was in 3D).
                                I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Working...
                                X