Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Superman Returns: Post-Movie Discussion (SPOILERS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladysarah
    The island in the end, when he's trapped on the island with Kitty (and why, what's the attraction to that stupid bint), which was entirely played for laughs. His campy henchmen, the way he treated them.
    Understandable.

Speaking of henchmen, was Brutus (piano guy) responsible for the birthday clown massacre that Perry refered to in the beginning?

That guy wasn't campy (the others were, esp the one with the camera), I mean he skipped the letter opener in favour of a rock. That guy liked a messy death.

Comment

Okay I have not seen the movie yet, but I think it's gonna be good!

MYSPACE!
      COME SAY HI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle Govender
        Okay I have not seen the movie yet, but I think it's gonna be good!
        I sure thought is was. But opinions seem to vary very widely.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Saw the movie today. Was good, but not brilliant imo. All the actors played their parts well too...
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Loved it, great cast.
            Will be seeing it again soon
            sigpic

Comment

I loved it. If you can, see it in IMAX 3D. The plane scene is fantastic!
              sigpic

Comment

I just can't get over how much I enjoyed this film. I couldn't help myself - went to see it again today. It was even better the second time around, I must say. I definitely see another Superman film coming very soon.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                  I actually want to see it a second time (but this time in IMAX 3D, I've never been in an IMAX theater before)
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mala50
                    Good idea, but I have to check if they are showing it there.
                    sigpic

Comment

Saw the film today... Overall I thought it was good but not quite in the same league, IMHO, as Batman Begins. I suspect the writing did not have the emotional conviction of Batman Begins... a case of trying to do too much perhaps?

I liked Brandon Routh, who always had a mammoth task ahead of him with this role. For the most part he acquits himself admirably... especially as Clark Kent. I for one am very interested in the whole son of Superman aspect and would like to see where they go with this. I don't mind Kate Bosworth... but it is very strange to try and imagine Lois Lane being domesticated.

Occasionally I found the CGI/blue screen stuff rather rather dodgy... glaringly obvious. Not sure if this is because flying sequences are especially hard to do.

I wasn't sure what to think of Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor initially... Seemed rather too placid early in the piece. I don't think he's anything like Hackman's Luthor, who was a much more larger than life meglomaniac. Spacey's Luthor is a darker, potentially much more sinister creature. There is strong feeling of suppressed anger and his expression of evil was much more personal. I was very disturbed by the way he and his henchmen dealt with Superman.

Still, I think Singer did a very good job setting things up... hopefully No. 2 will see an improvement in pacing and storytelling.
                      sigpic
                      "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Originally posted by dec55
                        Theaters are like movie drive in's.....a thing of the past..... I'll wait for the DVD.
                        DVDs are awesome...but by no means do they compare to seeing a film on the big screen! Especially not seeing it on an IMAX screen...now that was awesome!
                        sigpic

Comment

I liked the action but didn't get the storyline!

Just to say yeh that ok superman is strong and can stop a bullet. But how cam when a bullet hits him nothing happens to his costume, what's that made of then. Is this a blooper!!
                          Last edited by Major Tyler; 11 July 2006, 01:12 AM. Reason: merge
                          I HATE SY-FY

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori
                            I liked the action but didn't get the storyline!

Just to say yeh that ok superman is strong and can stop a bullet. But how cam when a bullet hits him nothing happens to his costume, what's that made of then. Is this a blooper!!
                            From what I remember...his costume is made from some kryptonian material. At least, I think that's the lore behind it.
                            sigpic

Comment

Since i'm a big superhero fan I just had to post here. Although Batman is my fav. superhero, Superman Returns made me start to really apperciate Superman. I have seen all of the original Superman movies with Chris Reeve and I thought that Bryan Singer did a fantastic job of keeping those movies alive in this installment. All of the actors did a great job in their roles, espically Brandon Routh who has an astounding likeness to Chris Reeve. The only problem I had with the movie was Kevin Spacey. It seemed like he was trying to hard to put the Gene Hackman humor of the other movies into his role. Other than that it was an awsome movie and I can't wait to see what else Bryan Singer comes up with.

Comment

I havent seen the movie yet, and im hoping it is good.
                                sigpic
                                Many thanks to geekywraith for the wonderful sig

Comment

Working...
                                X