• Show
Clear All

do not make me angry

you wouldn't like me when i'm angry
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Just watched it.

can't say how sad i am right now lol... poor John i really felt for him in this episode.. and Helen.

sad Episode, very good tho
      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        do not make me angry

Spinach noodles of doom....
        sigpic
        Mourning Sanctuary.
        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Forgive if this was posted already. Thought it quite interesting, especially the part about John being gone for good or not that some have wondered about already here.

*Major Spoilers*

AT Previews Haunted

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i thought they were going to kiss.

i would have loved that but i thought I would be pushing my luck for it... lol!! But the cheek caress wasn't really out of the realm. he had tried before with EON pt.1

what i loved about this episode was the John and helen stuff, they set up things that could happen and it was such a tease for John being... well John again. having the possibility that one day he could be at peace again and possibly have helen by his side again or since she is the strong woman, he would be by her side... lol!!

another thing I loved about this is the unease in which Jon had to deal with his peace of mind. he hadn't had that for 100 odd years and he really didn't know what do with it.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mercy moon View Post
              i actually spotted her in an early episode of 'atlantis' the other day as an athosian in 'suspicion'.

Haha, she is!

Spoiler:

Her voice is very different, I wonder why she changed it for Sanctuary? Maybe for her character's [Kate's] Chicago background?

I hope in the third season they improve their CGI.
              Last edited by Inquisitor; 11 January 2010, 01:02 AM.

Comment

i'm not that fussed about the cgi...like they've said, they're not totally aiming for 'photo real', but more of a graphic novel type look

sigpic

Comment

i like the fact that itsoent to be like a graphic novel.. its so different from everything else that's been done.. its refreshing
                  sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

I watched Haunted again i love this eps so much but it's so sad as well .

I loved the bit when John say's
                    John-''i love you ,Remeber that alway's , For all eternity''

I was in tears at that bit and i so wanted them to kiss fingers crossed for season 3 I have watched that scene over and over

I felt for John so much seeing this entity was inside him messing with his emotion's and action's i got a feeling watching the scene where he tolk it back the entity spoke then John was using all his willpower to hold it back , i hope they can find away to contain it and let John be himself again

Great eps i hope we get more Helen and John in season 3
                    sigpic
                    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
                      It's been nice knowing you EH-T

*cue the melodramatic music*

Ooops. Sky knows I was only joking. Right Sky? Sky?

do not make me angry

Originally posted by suse View Post
                      Spinach noodles of doom....
                      Actually I quite like spinach.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

i'm not that fussed about the cgi...like they've said, they're not totally aiming for 'photo real', but more of a graphic novel type look
                        The poor CGI at times is very easy to spot, especially the scenes where the camera widens to take in a shot of a room/hallway for the viewer to gain the enormity of the Sanctuary. Usually there isn't much more than talking going on at these times, so perhaps the CGI is more easy to spot for me as my eye wanders around the screen. During the action sequences, I'm hardly aware of any CGI at all sometimes, but again, there's too much going on to even consider what might be fake or not.

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                          So what exactly did John mean by "It's good to be home." I doubt that Helen was/is going to let him stay there, but even the empath picked up on it when she said "This will never be your home as long as you let this darkness control you". Is he just refering to wherever Helen is that's what he considers 'home'?
                          'home is where the heart is' as the old saying goes ... john's heart is obviously still with helen and of course, the sanctuary was ashley's home as well.

Comment

one reason for the cgi to 'fail' is in wide shots like you said, or hallway shots...cause it's hard to maintain proper depth of field when the background is a keyed in image

the other time is when the characters are holding flashlights and they are illuminated in a way that's not recreated in the background

sigpic

Comment

Not too bad, but not stellar either. It was neat to see a lot of the Sanctuary, and I had to laugh at Will's reference to Die Hard. The story was generally rather well-paced too, it never dragged and I was surprised it was over so quickly. I loved seeing Druitt again, and/though I stand by what I said in the 2.10 thread about Helen being "last of the Five" as ridiculous. Hello, Druitt!

Bunch of stuff bugged me though: Kate (I grinned like an idiot when the elevator plunged and exploded--too bad she survived), overuse of split-screen (especially during Henry's hack), Will's super-slow-mo crawl away from fire flying through the vents, and the fact that the 'everyone is trapped in different parts of the base during lockdown' story was already done about 400 times by Atlantis.

Loved the ending though, poor Druitt
                              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

one reason for the cgi to 'fail' is in wide shots like you said, or hallway shots...cause it's hard to maintain proper depth of field when the background is a keyed in image

the other time is when the characters are holding flashlights and they are illuminated in a way that's not recreated in the background
                                I was majoring in Computer Graphics so I completely understand their difficulties with the wide shots. Haven't really noticed the flashlight scenes with their CGI though. Must be too much going on atm, I guess. Anyways, those moments don't last long so I don't really mind. Besides, I know what steps they're taking to be original in the use of green screen for many of their scenes so I highly applaud their ingenuity. IMO, as technology improves, as it always does, these 'fail' moments will be less and less noticeable.

Comment

Working...
                                X