Haunted (211)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I give it an 8/10

I thought the beginning was a little boring. Might also be, cause I watched it without subtitles and couldn't understand everything.

I thought the CGI looked bad a couple of times and that really pulled me out of the story.

I didn't know anything about this ep, except that John would be in it. I was slighty dissapointed how that played out. Evil -- Good --- Evil ... it all happened a little too quickly for me. The scene where John kicked and was about to kill (?) Helen though ... awesome, unexpected.

I liked the interaction between the other pairings. I never minded Kate and I thought she was just fine in this ep. Her and Biggie were funny.

I liked Helen's clothes
    sigpic

Comment

yeah, thinking about it, i'm sure we'll see john again - if only because CH is still gonna be around playing the big guy and it would be mad not to use an actor already that's on the pay roll!

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
        Do you think, it's still possible Haunted and Sleepers has been traded?
        Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Traded? What do you mean?

It's obvious that had they remained in the correct airing order, Helen's comment about "John's departure" and her being the last of the five would have made more sense.
        To answer the debate:
        From DK to @OrientalLilly RT Quick question @damiankindler or @jaclynmacrae - why was "Sleepers" & "Haunted" shown out of order? A: Network decision.

Loved the ep. CH really shines when playing Druitt. He does tormented, evil, etc so well. What a great actor.
        Thou I think the end needed a kiss. lol
        Plus you get Druitt and Biggie lol Biggie was funny in this ep. Love is expressions.

Cant wait to listen to the podcast. And hear that amazing voice! Shame AT isnt on this one. That would've been fun

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post
          I know it's sci-fi and nobody really dies but it would be great too see Helen happy for once.
          For me that's rule nº1 for Sci-Fi
          sigpic
          Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

hey ... you know here is snowing.. wow never snow here that`s awesome.
            I am a little disapointed bec ause I expect more conection between Jonh and Helen , some moments we can see a hint of passion,love,regret among other things, but I really expect more but was a gr8 ep.

yeah the end is close ,you know we have to wait almost 10 months for the new season , this suck... but otherwise just keep fedding my curiosity about the new season... and Druitt is not dead... keep that in mind before you saying that you will stop watching ... ok? be good

p.s. I love these two they are awesome together ...

Comment

John/Helen is boring. TPTB really did a cop out with an abnormal being responsible for what John did. Hope we'll never see John ever again; too bad he didn't take Kate with him also. One of the few Sanctuary episodes that failed to keep my attention - I was half watching, half browsing the net.

Comment

I saw this ep <mod snip>, thanks to livhanna, and it was great. I have no problem with kate and she and big guy, caged in elevator, was funny. I´m not really a helen/john shipper, but I felt sorry for him. Did I understand it right, he´s innocent for his actions, it always was the creature? Was sad when he told helen that he will love her for all eternity, but I don´t think they will ever be together again, it happened to much. John obviously has feelings for helen, but has helen feelings for john too?
                I hope in future there will be something between helen and nikola.
                Last edited by Skydiver; 10 January 2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                  John/Helen is boring. TPTB really did a cop out with an abnormal being responsible for what John did. Hope we'll never see John ever again; too bad he didn't take Kate with him also. One of the few Sanctuary episodes that failed to keep my attention - I was half watching, half browsing the net.

I never thought that at all, because I seriously doubt it was the only cause of his madness and compulsion to kill; I think it magnified what was already there.

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

i think, with John, he always had a dark side. (really, i think a lot of us do, but we either learn to control it or deny it or it never comes out for us).

i think the creature used that, exaggerated it and gave him the ability to give into his dark side.

I think helen will always wonder, how much of hte murders was john, how much was Lectro. After all, john went cabal hunting...and didn't seem possessed then. so how many murders were John, how many were Lectro?

helen will never know. even if John knows, can she trust anything he ever says?
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                      Yeah, I really wasn't expecting John to 'take back' the creature into himself again. I mean, if he felt so purged and free, why would he go back to the dangerous person he used to be? Love does make you do funny things.
                      Aaah, about 15 minutes from the end I was certain that was what would have to happen. They were so unprepared for the creature, and minutes away from it killing both them, and every other abnormal in the Sanctuary...cue the Heroic Sacrifice.
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i think, with John, he always had a dark side. (really, i think a lot of us do, but we either learn to control it or deny it or it never comes out for us).

i think the creature used that, exaggerated it and gave him the ability to give into his dark side.
                      I agree with you about how most of us learn to control our dark sides! Without it we'd simply all be sociopaths...
                      But there's something about Druitt that makes me think he was a good man driven by the creature's hunger, rather than his own.

It never, ever made sense to me that Magnus would have fallen in love with a sociopath, or that Druitt would have fallen in love with her. Serial killer's minds just don't work like that, it's how they can be serial killers, the ordinary, everyday human emotions that we take for granted are alien to them. This even goes as far as married/otherwise involved men being lower on a suspect list when police are searching for that kind of killer. There have been cases of serial killers in relationships, but it's extremely rare. It always seemed to me that something else had to be going on - Magnus herself called it a "compulsion".

I'm also speculating about the effect that knowing about the creature will have on Druitt himself. (This is assuming he didn't just teleport himself inside a rockface or something in an Ultimate Heroic Sacrifice, which I would be distinctly unpleased about...!) Anyway, before now he'd always believed that it was his own evil character that led him to do these things - "I am what I am..." - but fighting against yourself, and fighting against someone else are two entirely different things, particularly if you carry with you a clear memory of how you really feel, and who you really are.
                      And - my other secret hope - is that when Tesla gets past his
                      Spoiler:
                      [spoilered 'cause of the out of sequence thing]
                      Spoiler:
                      unhappiness about no longer being a vampire
                      he might actually put that genius head of his to work to find a way to purge John and capture the creature, if Druitt ever reappears. Making a wee home for an electrical elemental abnormal sounds right up his alley.

Comment

@Alder:

Great, great idea!
                        sigpic
                        Mourning Sanctuary.
                        Thanks for the good times!

Comment

So what exactly did John mean by "It's good to be home." I doubt that Helen was/is going to let him stay there, but even the empath picked up on it when she said "This will never be your home as long as you let this darkness control you". Is he just refering to wherever Helen is that's what he considers 'home'?
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                            So what exactly did John mean by "It's good to be home." I doubt that Helen was/is going to let him stay there, but even the empath picked up on it when she said "This will never be your home as long as you let this darkness control you". Is he just refering to wherever Helen is that's what he considers 'home'?
                            I thought so. Poor John. Poor Helen.
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

I think helen will always wonder, how much of hte murders was john, how much was Lectro. After all, john went cabal hunting...and didn't seem possessed then. so how many murders were John, how many were Lectro?

helen will never know. even if John knows, can she trust anything he ever says?
                              Oh we know you have one Sky, hence the wet noodle of DOOM!

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                                Oh we know you have one Sky, hence the wet noodle of DOOM!
                                It's been nice knowing you EH-T

*cue the melodramatic music*

sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Working...
                                X