• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podcast is up
    http://www.syfy.com/sanctuary/podcasts.php

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
      I cant wait to watch this ep...sounds awesome. I have to admit, I hope that John isn't really gone for good. I just adore Christopher Heyerdahl. And I love the chemistry between Helen and John.
      ditto on all accounts.

As for Kate...I actually really like the character. Hasn't taken me long to have her grow on me. Can't wait to see her in this ep too!
      ditto again ... i actually spotted her in an early episode of 'atlantis' the other day as an athosian in 'suspicion'.

edit update : she crops again in the season five episode 'outsiders' as another character. :-)
      Last edited by mercy moon; 05 February 2010, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kes View Post
        Cool, thanks for posting the link
        sigpic
        Knowledge is power, but how do you use that power defines whether you are good or evil

Comment

I loved this episode...though I must say Druitt terrifies me. Heyerdahl does creepy better than anyone else, IMO.

Kate was not bad here - I'm a fan, but there have been moments when I wonder what's up with her always commenting on things that aren't really any of her business (though I shouldn't - I can be just as nosy at times, myself).

Black J/T sig made by Blencathra, Keller sig by Krissie, all others made by me

My Fics (updated 7/29/09)

Comment

Do you think, it's still possible Haunted and Sleepers has been traded?

Comment

Traded? What do you mean?

It's obvious that had they remained in the correct airing order, Helen's comment about "John's departure" and her being the last of the five would have made more sense.
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

IMHO, they were aired out of order. it was supposed to be haunted, then sleepers. and then helen's comment about 'john's disappearance' would make more sense
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  IMHO, they were aired out of order. it was supposed to be haunted, then sleepers. and then helen's comment about 'john's disappearance' would make more sense
                  ya, it does!
                  sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                    ya, it does!
                    I would agree.

Comment

best line

watch where the hands go, wookie
                      Hee, that was good. I really enjoyed the Kate and Bigfoot stuff.

Overall a good episode, I especially like how they finally explained how Druitt's madness is connected to his teleporting. My guess is the energy monster jumped into him when he first began teleporting and it gains in strength every time he jumps. Though while Tesla temporarily curing him in The Five now makes sense, I now wonder why he wanted Helen's blood in the pilot.

The different pairings were fun, and yay to Henry and Will for mostly saving the day. And great stuff between Helen and Druitt, esp at the end. I'm sure we'll see more Druitt in S3, though I do hope that they don't 'cure' him anytime soon, he's much more interesting conflicted IMHO.

sigpic

Comment

another wonderful ep.

i'll start off telling about my fave scene... helen runs around the corner and gets clobbered by john, and then kicked. i couldn't believe it! it wasn't overly graphic, just a heck of a surprise, and it 'did' feel cold coming from someone that loved helen and that helen still loves. but i think my shock and wow was what made it stick with me so much. and helen whump.

lots of cute pairings moments, with will-henry and biggie-kate. the helen-john stuff was far from 'cute', but was the soul of the ep.

i'm not really a helen/john shipper, but i liked what they did in this ep to make the possibility of them getting together happen. there was no way helen would ever get back with john, after what he'd become and brutally murdering women. but they created a type of 'get out of jail free card' scenario for him... i like that, for john, for helen, and for a future for them someday. that was quite ingenious.

chris h is really a good actor.

i'll comment more once i read everyone else's comments, but all in all, quite a good episode.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AresLover452 View Post
                          For like a split second I thought Sane John was going to reach out and caress her cheek.
                          i thought they were going to kiss.
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post

So was the "abnormal" in John all this time? Or was it from the ship?
                            i think that's the question we're all going to be asking.

i think john was saying as much, but helen stopped him, saying it was too convenient (?) to blame all of it on the creature inside him.

i do wonder if this thing just enhances what's already there (like pms and menopause ), or if john was this nice and gentle man and the thing recreated the monster within him? and when exactly did it go into him?
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                              Well thank you, for a moment there I thought I was alone in my delusion
                              For a split second I thought so too so obviously we're all delusional.

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
                              Originally posted by kes View Post
                              That was fast.

I cant wait to watch this ep...sounds awesome. I have to admit, I hope that John isn't really gone for good. I just adore Christopher Heyerdahl. And I love the chemistry between Helen and John.
                              As for Kate...I actually really like the character. Hasn't taken me long to have her grow on me. Can't wait to see her in this ep too!
                              I liked Kate very close to the begining and I like her even more now. To me she is a "regular" in the same way as Biggie, Henry and Will.

Agreed

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              Hee, that was good. I really enjoyed the Kate and Bigfoot stuff.

Overall a good episode, I especially like how they finally explained how Druitt's madness is connected to his teleporting. My guess is the energy monster jumped into him when he first began teleporting and it gains in strength every time he jumps. Though while Tesla temporarily curing him in The Five now makes sense, I now wonder why he wanted Helen's blood in the pilot.

The different pairings were fun, and yay to Henry and Will for mostly saving the day. And great stuff between Helen and Druitt, esp at the end. I'm sure we'll see more Druitt in S3, though I do hope that they don't 'cure' him anytime soon, he's much more interesting conflicted IMHO.
                              If not a cure than maybe longevity?

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i thought they were going to kiss.
                              You hopeless romantic. (Me too )

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              i think that's the question we're all going to be asking.

i think john was saying as much, but helen stopped him, saying it was too convenient (?) to blame all of it on the creature inside him.

i do wonder if this thing just enhances what's already there (like pms and menopause ), or if john was this nice and gentle man and the thing recreated the monster within him? and when exactly did it go into him?
                              You have to wonder if the parasite/entity was not only attracted by Johns teleporting but maybe something within John himself? Or the teleporting could have attracted it but something deep within him could have caused it to become attached (if that makes sense)? It could be the entity needed a certain type of person and John, though seeming gentle, could have had a deeper darker personality that he kept hiddedn even from himself?
                              sigpic

Comment

I loved this episode, it's easily one of my favorites. I liked Kate a lot more in this ep, she had good interactions with Bigfoot.

Loved every moment between Helen and John, but when John kicked her, that took me completely by surprise. Absolutely loved it when he told Helen he'd always love her. At the end I so thought that John was going to kiss her Just hated that he took the energy creature back. So much angst.

Overall, wonderful episode. CH is a really amazing and wonderful actor, he did an amazing job playing both evil and sane John.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X