• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    I think it was a lose/lose.
    it was like a lose/massive lose.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

IMHO, she chose the decision that hurt the least and aided the most, which is sometimes all you can ask for.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yea, very hard decisions to make, and just because she doesn't break down and cry, doesn't mean she doesn't feel the guilt and have many a sleepless night because of it
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

IMHO, she chose the decision that hurt the least and aided the most, which is sometimes all you can ask for.
          yeah. *nods*

the end of the ep was a perfect somber mood. i'm still going to miss ravi.

oh, btw, does anyone know *why* a diff actor was chosen to play the older ravi?
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            yeah. *nods*

Maybe they used all the make-up budget on Chris
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Maybe the original actor was otherwise booked?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                Yeah, Helen had to save the world again but this time sacrifice hundreds of people in the process. Can one become desensitized to killing people after living hundreds of years like she has?
                I wouldn't go as far as 'desensitized' in Helen's case, but perhaps more hardened to the reality that she sometimes has to make those kinds of difficult choices. I imagine it's not unlike the mentality some soldiers develop after years of combat, or the people who work triage at mass casualty events. I don't think it's the years she's lived so much as the experiences she's gone through in that time.

I've also noticed that Helen regularly either inspires or convinces people to risk their lives for her chosen causes, even if it may not be in their own best interest. Ravi was going to lose his wife and family, and yet he still sided and protected Helen until the end against essentially his own people.

I'm sure she carries a huge weight of guilt. Not only did she erase from existence hundreds of people, but she might have been the cause of them being stuck in the time dilation in the first place when she sent the elemental deep into the earth back in the 40's.
                I think that's also something that's Helen is no stranger to, her actions to save one group sometimes leading to the deaths of others, or her plans backfiring and killing innocent bystanders. It's a bit like what happened in End of Nights, where Helen and the Five getting the Source blood to stop that virus eventually led to the deaths of all those Sanctuary people as well as Ashley and the other super abnormals.

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                yeah. *nods*

I'm guessing they didn't want to put Shaker through hours of make-up to age him.

sigpic

Comment

My explanation for Ravi's change of actor is that the original one might have left the show, so they made him shoot the short video of him at the beginning and then he was changed and that's would explain why they killed him off at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
                    My point was merely that it seemed extreme to me that they would start knocking people out without first asking who was in charge and to see them. Then if they were refused they may have done what they did.
                    At first I thought it was a little extreme too until I thought about it more. After all the blocks they went through with the phone calls to the different agencies and the censored satellite feed; the guard not even letting Helen finish her sentence when she started to ask about Ravi was seen as another block (the guard had his orders and he wasn't going to even listen to them). It did seem like Kate and Declan came to the conclusion together at the same time and went with their own solution; Helen just kept quiet and went along with it.
                    sigpic

Comment

(Although one thing that didn't seem to make sense is how the trees would act and react to years long 'summers' and years long 'winters'. I would think that three years with no sunlight would kill the plants)
                      Of course they die. That's why they save food for the night years. And that's why people die. They said it themselves. Food is never enough.

Comment

I think it was a lose/lose. These people were headed into a years long famine where many would die. They were people that literally couldn't survive outside the time bubble. The world would be destroyed if the bubble expanded (Although one thing that didn't seem to make sense is how the trees would act and react to years long 'summers' and years long 'winters'. I would think that three years with no sunlight would kill the plants)

I also wonder if the plates would be moving as fast as Ravi said they wouild be or if the what was in the bubble would be considered to be 'normal'...or was it that the plants weren't effected but the people were? but then how did food grow?

yeah, time travel gives me a headache.
                        Yeah it gave me a headache trying to understand that too; decided it wasn't worth it and let it go I believe Ravi said they ran out of food because the plants died (or he alluded to that). And not only would the plants be affected so would the people; humans need sunlight so the body can produce vitamin D.....yeah best not to look at it too closely
                        sigpic

Comment

my point was....they've been though several 'long nights'...the trees should have died on the first one. If the people in the bubble had been living there for 100 years or so there should be no trees. They'd have died on the first long winter and be nothing but rotting trunks now

sigpic

Comment

3 years of light, 3 years of dark?

Comment

my point was....they've been though several 'long nights'...the trees should have died on the first one. If the people in the bubble had been living there for 100 years or so there should be no trees. They'd have died on the first long winter and be nothing but rotting trunks now
                              They have 3 years of light to grow new ones

Comment

True. But that forest they walked through wasn't full of 3 year old trees. More like 20+
                                not to mention a lack of dead ones.

Like others have said best not to look too closely.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X