Carentan (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode! Many random thoughts:
    --Wonderful story! Right from the beginning, the mystery of why people have been disappearing - including Ravi - totally sucked me in.
    --Interesting to think that someone or several someones believed Helen Magnus had no business being at Carenten. It doesn't seem like that military guy was acting totally on his own. There was the media block and no agencies were replying to Helen or Will's inquiries. Why would people think this was "above her pay grade"? I don't quite get it.
    --"Cheeky bugger!" LOVE Magnus!!!!
    --I'd love to see other pairings besides Helen/Will, too.
    --Not really happy that they killed off Ravi. But better him than Declan. I'll be seriously pissed if they ever kill him off.
    --ANOTHER love interest for Will?!?!? Why do we never see any of the relationships of the woman who has lived four times longer than him?!?!
    --Older Ravi was very sweet. Liked his scenes a lot.
    --Like others, I got "Unending" and "Revisions" vibes from the episode - but in a good way. It still definitely had its own Sanctuary spin.
    --I couldn't remember the character name or episode he was in (military leader) but I knew I had seen him on SG-1. I'm with the person who still holds out hope for seeing Teryl Rothery on this show!!!
    --Helen always looks so amazing. Even exhausted and working too hard, she looks wonderful!
    --Can't wait until the mystery of Carenten is revealed!!!
    sigpic
    Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      it was a pretty good episode. Frank Cromwell's actor again ended up on the wrong side of a time bubble, an expanding one at that.
      Wasn't Frank Cromwell played by a different actor. I thought this guy played Colonel Pendergast, the commander of the Prometheus

Oops - just read the other posts and saw someone answered this
      Last edited by samcartersg1; 07 June 2011, 05:12 AM.
      sigpic

Comment

A question came to mind about the time dilation field, if it's based on Adam's experiments, would Helen and Will have radiation poisoning like Helen had before?
        sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by Mandysg1 View Post
          A question came to mind about the time dilation field, if it's based on Adam's experiments, would Helen and Will have radiation poisoning like Helen had before?
          Wasn't the radiation from travelling through the rift though? Not just being inside the field.
          -

Comment

They say in the ep there's no radiation. I think lol

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
              It made me think that they're putting the Sam Carter "Black Widow" curse on Will.
              I thought that too Abby's days are numbered

On the subject of Will though - it does irk me a little that he seems to be constantly attracting new gfs - I mean, yes, he's a good looking bloke but I would have liked to maybe see more of his interactions with Helen/Ravi... and a little more about him realising they may not figure it out in his life time.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I do agree, it would be nice to break up the endless magnus/will partnership. I want to see some of the others interacting with her...declan would have been great and then had Will being mister manic 'gotta fix this' rather than being stuck..
              We'd finally get a chance to see what makes Declan tick

...and especially given next week's promo

Spoiler:

yet another helen and will have a singular adventure

Im getting kinda tired of the persistent pairing. Just cause Will is the co-star of the show doesn't mean he MUST be paired with Helen all the time, does it? I mean, on SG1, whether you're into the jack/Daniel co-stars, or jack/Sam co-stars/leading male/leading lady, it was never exclusively one set paired up, they scrambled it around.

Sanctuary needs to do that. It's getting predictable that it'll be Helen/will in trouble and the only unknown is whether or not the others get the B story or if there isn't one.
              I think the Helen/Will pairing was logical for this episode - just with Helen's explanation that they don't want to lose another sanctuary head (so Declan stays behind), and Will is supposed to be her protege... so I thought it made sense that she took him with her.

What with the Henry/loveinterest Will/Abby episode not so long back... and then the delicious Helen/Nikola pairing in Awakening... And ofc the five in normandy... I think they're mixing it up enough.

Just the Helen/Will episodes have seemed to get bunched together near the end of the season maybe? (I can't think of another S3 eppy up until this point where they've been paired off? I'm sure there has been one... but not recently?)

On the whole, really enjoyed this episode. Was a little upset about Ravi, but then it made sense as someone else has said above he maybe sacrificed himself because he knew he was losing his family...
              sigpic
              ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                Damn it!! And I thought that was my line...well Amanda Tapping...Helen has cheeky monkey...I've got dibs on cheeky bugger!! Sheesh...and I dropped the cheeky monkey line with my kids coz I didn't want to sound like Helen Magnus...so now Helen's sounding like me?? I just can't win.
                Can't wait to see what Helen comes up with next.

Hey, little question, y'all. If Ravi had lived, and returned to normal time with Helen and Will, would he have returned to the age he was when he entered the field? I know that may sound dumb, but... hey.

Comment

I thought the episode was great! I loved it from start to finish. Sure, Normandy was more action-filled and had The Five, but this was a really good one for the team and I think everyone was used wisely. I'm starting to miss Henry though. I hope they bring him back soon.

And of course, Declan. I was actually hoping that he would have been the one to go with Helen into the unknown. Why does it always have to be Will that’s with Helen in these types of things? Why not Helen & Declan or Helen & Kate for this one? That continues to annoy me.
                  As someone already said, they didn't want to lose another Sanctuary head, so Declan was a no go. But I don't understand why it couldn't have been Helen & Kate. In fact, I think it should have. Will is the second for the Old City Sanctuary. If both Helen and him go missing, who's going to take over? Logically, I think we should have had Helen and Kate go and Will stay with Declan. But at last, Declan and Kate made a great team, so it didn't really bug me for this episode. Plus, it's been a while since we had a Helen/Will episode.

Spoiler:
                  I'm not all that concerned about next week. We've known for a while it was the Helen/Will bottle show of the season, but from the promo, there seems to be Abby and John in there. So, hopefuly, there will be enough breaks with Abby and John for it not to feel solely Helen/Will.

Helen looked absolutely wonderful in this episode. From the turtle neck & leather jacket to her look of exhaustion & frustration as the days went on – she still looked radiant.
                  AGREED.

The ending was also excellent in my opinion, you get the townspeople's realistic reaction to finding the answer, and it meaning thier deaths :s I don't think many people would just 'lie down' and accept they were going to be killed.
                  Yep. I liked the ending too. Honestly, I was expecting them to find a solution to save everyone, but when I looked at the time (and found out there was like 10 minutes to go), I realised they wouldn't. Yet another thing Helen has to live with. Knowing she killed thousands of people. I was kind of hoping for a scene between Helen and Will and him asking "How do you do it?" Because during her her life, Magnus has seen people die and killed many others. I think this is Will's first experience of how difficult their work is... Oh well, that's what fanfic is for, right?

It made me think that they're putting the Sam Carter "Black Widow" curse on Will.
                  I thought that too! Poor Will.
                  Although... S4
                  Spoiler:
                  I know that Abby's coming back in S4, so she's not going ot die anytime soon. ;P

Pssst! Am I the only one who liked Josi better than Abby?

Originally posted by meredithchandler73 View Post
                  --ANOTHER love interest for Will?!?!? Why do we never see any of the relationships of the woman who has lived four times longer than him?!?!
                  THIS.

Originally posted by lastrequest View Post
                  On the subject of Will though - it does irk me a little that he seems to be constantly attracting new gfs - I mean, yes, he's a good looking bloke but I would have liked to maybe see more of his interactions with Helen/Ravi... and a little more about him realising they may not figure it out in his life time.
                  I was waiting for the "You're immortal!" line for the whole episode. I knew it was coming. I thought it was too short. I would have liked to see more of how it affected Helen, knowing she would outlive again so many people, and maybe be the sole survivor of this because of her longevity.
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                    Hey, little question, y'all. If Ravi had lived, and returned to normal time with Helen and Will, would he have returned to the age he was when he entered the field? I know that may sound dumb, but... hey.
                    So not dumb! I asked myself the same thing!

But I have no answer for you.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                      Well, if we're staying with the similarities to "Unending", then Ravi would have stayed his old age, just like Teal'c did - which seems to be the most logical reasoning.

This would also age Will almost a year. I wonder if they'll give him two birthdays per year now?! And Helen would need at least 3 birthdays - considering her extra time in Adam Worth's time rifting.
                      sigpic

Comment

hmm, not sure i really 'like' this episode. i didn't really last night, but with some eps this season, when i rewatch it the next day, i like it more.

but this reminded me *way* too much of sg1's 'unending', and i really didn't like that miserable ep. okay, 'carentan' doesn't even come close to that 'unending' misery.

but still... i hated that they were stuck, from their perspectives, in that crappo bubble for an entire year. for helen, this isn't even a drop in the bucket, but for wil, a year of his life was wasted (and not even going to go into the horribleness for those poor ppl being stuck in it for years). yeah, this village wasn't the worst place to be stuck in, but still...

i just didn't like the idea of this storyline.

i also think that splitting the time between helen/wil to kate/declan took some of the powerfulness away from the tragedy of what was really happening for helen, wil, and the ppl there. but maybe that's a good thing for me, b/c i didn't like them being stuck there to begin with.

a few notes:

i wonder if when ravi said, 'i wanted to see the look on your face when i cracked this mother' was an ad-lib? amanda's reaction was too spontaneous to make me think it was part of the script

*lovely* scene between helen and ravi, where they're standing there watching the sunset. what ravi says is very poignant, and amanda's acting right there was heartfelt. when he said he didn't hate her, and when he said he was ready... those little touches amanda brings to her acting get me every single time.

that girl, that liked wil... at least this actress can act. AND, i didn't blame her for being so ticked off! fair comment she made at the end, where she said to helen and wil that who were they to decide who lives and dies. i'm sure the girl understood what was really at stake, but still...

was the guy that ran the camp the same actor that played the ship commander that was murdered in front of sam in one of the season 10 eps?

when helen asked ravi if he ever thought of giving up... do you think she meant giving up the fight for getting out of the time bubble, or giving up just doing it all? if it's the latter, this might be setting up helen just being bone tired of fighting the good fight.

poor, poor ravi.

so basically, even though it was a well done episode, i didn't really enjoy it all that much. the sticking point is helen and wil wasting a year of their lives in that bubble.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Helen looked absolutely wonderful in this episode. From the turtle neck & leather jacket to her look of exhaustion & frustration as the days went on – she still looked radiant. Totally wasn’t expecting Helen to be the one to see first in the hospital bed. I was bummed that they killed off Ravi. Would they PLEASE stop killing off their great returning characters?
                          why?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Anyone born in the time dialation field would disappear/die, and Ravi knew his family would die when the problem was fixed, probably took the bullet meant for Will, b/c he'd rather die with his family than let Will or Helen die. (Just my guess )
                            that's what i forgot to comment on in my review. if i were ravi, i'd have rather stayed and been with my family when they died.

okay, i know they'd just cease to exist, but i'd rather be with them then... and i don't think i'd want to go on living without them after that. (((ravi)))

i think he was better off dying.
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                              why?
                              I was only surprised because I saw the bullet going through Ravi covering Will, and didn't think Helen was in the way. It was, however, a pleasant surprise to see her peaceful sleeping face again.
                              sigpic

Comment

First, I think it was good.
                                Second, here are my comments and questions.
                                1- I knew Ravi would die at the end. The change of the actor made it obvious. Maybe he didn't want to do this role anymore. I figured it out when I first saw that new actor playing Ravi.
                                2- I felt Will was useless in this episode. I liked that acutally. 2 episodes with less or no Will after all the attention he had in those terrible 3 episodes.
                                3- Finally we saw some more of Declan.
                                4- Where the **** is henry???? These are too many episodes without him.
                                5- That was a good way to get Biggie in the episode and it doesn't look forced like Will's.
                                6- I wished that bullet would have killed Will instead. I can't take it anymore. He's so annoying.
                                7- Why were they at the hospital in the end???? It was Ravi that was shot.
                                8- That girl from the dome is a very good actress. She managed to make me hate her once she became against them.
                                9- Magnus was the star of this episode just like she used to be before Will started to get in the picture. That woman is amazing and so is AT.

And my face lit up when I noticed Barclay Hope arrive on screen. My first thought was – “hey, that’s Colonel Pendergast!!” I love it when the Sanctuary world morphs with SG-1. I’m still holding out hope for them to get Teryl Rothery for a recurring character sometime soon.
                                I knew I saw him somewhere. Just couldn't remember. It's been sometime since I watched SG1

Comment

Working...
                                X