Carentan (318)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
    I was only surprised because I saw the bullet going through Ravi covering Will, and didn't think Helen was in the way. It was, however, a pleasant surprise to see her peaceful sleeping face again.
    'why' were they in the hospital anyways?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Overall, I enjoyed the episode. What I liked best was the fact that we got to see a lot more of Declan then we usually do. I really like his character. I loved the part where he and Kate took down the two soldiers at the checkpoint.

And also, like others said, the scene towards the end with Ravi and Magnus staring at the sunset was terrific.

Not sure I'm really looking forward to next week's episode, based on the previews. More of Magnus/Will in peril. Why not some of the others in peril instead?

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        As someone already said, they didn't want to lose another Sanctuary head, so Declan was a no go. But I don't understand why it couldn't have been Helen & Kate. In fact, I think it should have. Will is the second for the Old City Sanctuary. If both Helen and him go missing, who's going to take over? Logically, I think we should have had Helen and Kate go and Will stay with Declan. But at last, Declan and Kate made a great team, so it didn't really bug me for this episode. Plus, it's been a while since we had a Helen/Will episode.
        If Kate went with Helen and Will left behind w/Declan, I don't think Will could do the trick that Kate did: dismantle the missle head and send it to the time bubble in a no-man truck.
        sigpic
        Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          uh... so we could see Helen's peacefully sleeping face again?!

Other than her being totally exhausted, I have no clue. I'm going to take a guess & say that in the 200+ (or is it 300+?) days they were stuck there, she didn't take much time for sleeping. Maybe THAT'S the key to her longevity. Too much sleep ages you? If that's the case, I should be dead by now!
          sigpic

Comment

Really good eppy but for....

Irked that they killed of Ravi, really liked him as a recuring character.

Kinda getting tired of Helen/Will in danger.

But otherwise, very good.
            sigpic
            God Bless America

Comment

Other than her being totally exhausted, I have no clue. I'm going to take a guess & say that in the 200+ (or is it 300+?) days they were stuck there, she didn't take much time for sleeping. Maybe THAT'S the key to her longevity. Too much sleep ages you? If that's the case, I should be dead by now!

didn't Will say something about them being found unconscious? I guess that when the field was switched off, it knocked them out briefly like it did when they first entered.

Comment

Entering the dome knocked them out. I'd imagine the collapse of the dome was also a shock.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
                  If Kate went with Helen and Will left behind w/Declan, I don't think Will could do the trick that Kate did: dismantle the missle head and send it to the time bubble in a no-man truck.
                  Oh I know that! If Will had stayed behind, Magnus and Kate would probaly have been stuck in the dome. But still, I want Magnus paired with Kate at one point. I really like these two together. Because their backgrounds are so different, they exchanges are always so great.

That's a good enough reason for me.

EDIT: Or as others have said, they were probably found uncounscious. ;D
                  sigpic
                  Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                  My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                  Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I do agree, it would be nice to break up the endless magnus/will partnership. I want to see some of the others interacting with her...declan would have been great and then had Will being mister manic 'gotta fix this' rather than being stuck..
                    We'd finally get a chance to see what makes Declan tick

...and especially given next week's promo

Spoiler:

yet another helen and will have a singular adventure

Im getting kinda tired of the persistent pairing. Just cause Will is the co-star of the show doesn't mean he MUST be paired with Helen all the time, does it? I mean, on SG1, whether you're into the jack/Daniel co-stars, or jack/Sam co-stars/leading male/leading lady, it was never exclusively one set paired up, they scrambled it around.

Sanctuary needs to do that. It's getting predictable that it'll be Helen/will in trouble and the only unknown is whether or not the others get the B story or if there isn't one.
                    We have had them broken up. Will/Abby.

Honestly, I just want Helen paired with someone else occasionally.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.
                    Thanks for the good times!

Comment

a moment of fangirling...

the last scene in the ep, with helen and will lying on the beds: pay close attention to how amanda plays it when she first wakes up. AGAIN, attention to details from amanda the actress! you can see her suddenly realizing she's hooked up to an iv, then she glances to it... i know, not a big deal, but i love the little things amanda does. it's just a very normal reaction, and amanda acts ALL parts of being human.

[/fangirling]
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Pretty good episode. Really enjoyed the Kate and Declan partnership, esp them taking out those guards at the checkpoint. The time dilation dome and Helen as potentially the cause of it because of the fire elemental is interesting, I wonder if they're going to continue with that threat to the season finale.

I really liked the emotional beats between the characters, Helen and Will alternately supporting each other, and the Ravi and Helen scenes, esp the one at sunset. And I found it kinda funny that even though Helen as done most of her work without the benefit of computers, she became frustrated so quickly at having to work without one. I liked that most of the people in Carentan were angry about Helen's plan since even though it was to save the planet, it still meant their deaths. Quite sad that Ravi died though, I really liked that character.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        I do agree, it would be nice to break up the endless magnus/will partnership. I want to see some of the others interacting with her...declan would have been great and then had Will being mister manic 'gotta fix this' rather than being stuck..
                        We'd finally get a chance to see what makes Declan tick

...and especially given next week's promo

Spoiler:

yet another helen and will have a singular adventure

Im getting kinda tired of the persistent pairing. Just cause Will is the co-star of the show doesn't mean he MUST be paired with Helen all the time, does it? I mean, on SG1, whether you're into the jack/Daniel co-stars, or jack/Sam co-stars/leading male/leading lady, it was never exclusively one set paired up, they scrambled it around.

Sanctuary needs to do that. It's getting predictable that it'll be Helen/will in trouble and the only unknown is whether or not the others get the B story or if there isn't one.
                        I agree to an extent, though honestly I think they've done a much better job of mixing up the pairings in S3 than they did in S1 and 2. Helen and Will really haven't had much significant interaction in S3.5 outside of Metamorphosis, and before that it was when they were split off together in Hollow Earth. They haven't done a Helen/Will two-hander ala Requiem or Next Tuesday this season, and next week
                        Spoiler:
                        it looks like at least some other characters like Druitt and Abby are going to be involved.

That said, I think having Kate esp in Carentan with Helen could have been more interesting than Will, complete with a guy falling for her for change. Declan I see Helen insisting on staying behind since he's sorta her second-in-command of the Sanctuary network.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                          Hey, little question, y'all. If Ravi had lived, and returned to normal time with Helen and Will, would he have returned to the age he was when he entered the field? I know that may sound dumb, but... hey.
                          My guess is he would have returned to his normal age...everything that existed on the outside goes back to how they were at the time they entered which is why those that were born in it can't exist outside of it...just my guess tho.
                          I was only surprised because I saw the bullet going through Ravi covering Will, and didn't think Helen was in the way. It was, however, a pleasant surprise to see her peaceful sleeping face again.
                          I agree with you...it was nice to see that Helen didn't just stand right back up on her two lovely feet and brush it off as she has with other close encounters in the past...this just shows she's not impervious to absolutely everything.
                          Originally posted by parsifal View Post
                          Entering the dome knocked them out. I'd imagine the collapse of the dome was also a shock.
                          That would be my guess also...entering the dome knocked them out even if what appeared to be just a few moments but destroying the dome completely would have had a huge impact on anyone near it let alone inside it.
                          Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                          But still, I want Magnus paired with Kate at one point. I really like these two together. Because their backgrounds are so different, they exchanges are always so great.
                          Same here...I love Kate so I'd love to see her & Magnus team up together...like they did in Sleepers!!
                          Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                          Pretty good episode. Really enjoyed the Kate and Declan partnership, esp them taking out those guards at the checkpoint.
                          Yep...Kate & Declan are pretty nice together...I think they compliment each other really well.

I really enjoyed this episode...staying up til after midnight to watch it was more than worth it even though I'm feeling rather buggered for it tonight.
                          I too had that feeling of deja vu in recalling the Stargate eps Revisions & Unending. No complaints from me though.
                          I think I really enjoyed Kate & Declans roles the most in this ep. Helen & Will pairing feels kinda repetitive for me. Don't get me wrong, I like Will but I've seen too much of him this last half season. I need a Will break.
                          I missing the abnormals...I was hoping to see the fire elemental but that quickly disipated....guess that part of the story lost it's energy.
                          I didn't like Josie...nothing personal just couldn't warm up to the character in the short time we had. I much prefer Abby....yes, I am probably the only one who does but hey, I think she's improved since her first day at the Sanctuary.
                          Sad to see Ravi go...wonder who will take over the Mumbai Sanctuary?
                          Bit of a pity Helen didn't get stuck with Tesla in the dome...I bet that together they could have figured out how to save everyone and a whole lot sooner...and how it happened in the first place.
                          Next weeks ep looks amazing...IIRC, this is the one that Amanda said was where Helen kinda loses it a bit...can't wait to see what the heck that little weasel Virgil Saint Pierre, from Hero 2, is up to now...sneaky little bugger...Helen shoulda whooped his ass when she had the chance.
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Ravi did say that going through the boundary was like 'being hit by a train'
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thinking about the scene where Will confronts Magnus about the fact that she is essentially immortal and the problem might not be solved in his lifetime. I thought it fit right into the story. And a discussion about Helen's longevity was bound to come up sooner or later - if not from Will, but from someone else. But on further reflection I find this a little annoying. There seems to be an implication that Helen isn't working as hard as she possibly can to get them out of there. And you can tell Helen is spending every waking moment - and hardly sleeping - to solve the problem. I think I'm reading too much into it and it was simply Will expressing his fears. Just as Helen had a mini-explosion at Will over her frustration of not having a computer or proper writing utensils or even a slide rule. But part of me wanted to shake Will and say, "I doubt Helen wants RAVI to die before a solution is found! She's working as hard as she can!"

Of course, it's hard not to draw comparisons to Unending. I find the differences between the stories very interesting.
                              --Carenten had a sense of urgency while Unending had a slow, steady pace to it. Of course, part of that was that in Unending you are in one speed - the slowed down time of their bubble. But Carenten went back and forth between their slowed time and the real world time.
                              --Sam wasn't working 24/7 on the problem (we saw her teaching herself to play the cello) while Helen didn't seem to do anything but try to find a way out. That is not a criticism of either character at all - just an observation. What's most interesting though is how Sam was stuck with 4 other people in that time dilation bubble. There weren't really any "distractions" around and you'd think it might be easier to be working non-stop on the problem. While Helen was stuck in a miniature town with lots of people. She might have developed friendships or a working relationship with someone trying to help fix the problem, but she basically dealt with Ravi and Will. Then again, we know from the episode Next Tuesday that Helen isn't really fond of doing nothing.
                              --Another interesting difference between Unending and Carenten: Sam had the most advanced technology at her fingertips, though she didn't really know what it was capable of or how to use it. And Helen could only work with what was in the dome - and everything she or Will didn't bring with them was 40 years old or older. I mean, the technology wasn't from 40 years ago, but the hardware doesn't tend to last 40 years or longer.)

Back to the idea of Helen forming any sort of friendship with the people in Carenten. I understand her not doing that. But I was thinking in the larger scheme of the series - how much does Helen interact with people outside of the Sanctuary network or who don't know anything about the Sanctuary network? It would be risky for her to deal with the chief of police somewhere who doesn't know anything about the Sanctuary...and have him see Helen 30 years later and she hasn't aged a day. Does Helen have to keep a fairly low profile to hide her longevity? Magnus has name-dropped here and there - do we think all of the people she has mentioned knew her secret? What about Alfredo (owner of the Helen's favorite restaurant)? I mean, how long has he been in business?
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

I do think helen is kinda reclusive. we saw that in the early 1900's and on she was very involved, but I think, like you said, as she didn't age, it got tougher and tougher to keep her secret....not just out of propriety but also to avoid things like that nazi that wanted to study their longevity and learn how to do it.
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X