• Show
Clear All

Ryan was probably doing mortal kombat
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE]
      Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
      -Ravi has already gone through that and since they refused to let Ravi in, they would have the same reaction towards Helen. Besides, their leader confirmed this later. He said it's top secret. Something that needs someone even more connected than she is to be revealed. More than top secret.
      But how would Helen have known that at the time?

-Will was covering Helen at that time, so there was no way for them to reach Helen, besides, she felt betrayed by Will. She liked him and then he wants to make her vanish from existence. (My opinion)
      I believe that Will was standing up beside where Helen was crouching down so I don't think he was covering her.

-Ravi and Helen have been friends for a very long time. She would have recognized him even if he was 100 years old.
      Originally posted by kes View Post
      Why not? Ppl age, they dont change completly. Her brain is open enough to accept the fact that someone that is suppose to be 30 something is now 70 something. He recognized her so she jumped in. Recognizing Ravi.
      No people don't change completely but they do change. I've been to school reunions where classmates don't recognise each other. I agree Helen is open to some pretty wierd possibilities but I think it happened too fast IMO. Her reaction wasn't "Ravi?" it was "Ravi!"

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
        But how would Helen have known that at the time?
        That's the idea. If she was important enough to be allowed inside, everybody would have recognized her right away, not just the leader. Besides, the initial explanation for what happens at that certain area would not be an abnormal. That's why she would be no use to them.

No people don't change completely but they do change. I've been to school reunions where classmates don't recognise each other. I agree Helen is open to some pretty wierd possibilities but I think it happened too fast IMO. Her reaction wasn't "Ravi?" it was "Ravi!"
        Haven't you ever had a friend that u've known ur whole life? One that u know everything about? And seen them in all their looks? If u had, u'll know what we're talking about. And if u had such a friend, try to compare their look when they were young and right now. Ask urself if u can see the similarities and whether that's the same person, then ask someone that doesn't know them the same question and u'll see the difference in answers.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
          That's the idea. If she was important enough to be allowed inside, everybody would have recognized her right away, not just the leader. Besides, the initial explanation for what happens at that certain area would not be an abnormal. That's why she would be no use to them.
          My point was merely that it seemed extreme to me that they would start knocking people out without first asking who was in charge and to see them. Then if they were refused they may have done what they did.

Haven't you ever had a friend that u've known ur whole life? One that u know everything about? And seen them in all their looks? If u had, u'll know what we're talking about. And if u had such a friend, try to compare their look when they were young and right now. Ask urself if u can see the similarities and whether that's the same person, then ask someone that doesn't know them the same question and u'll see the difference in answers.
          [/QUOTE]

That's a different situation because you would see them grow old. Of course they would be similar, I'm not saying he wouldn't be but again, to me, it was too fast for Helen to recognise him when he was decades older and had only been missing for days. IMO he would have seemed familiar but it wouldn't automatically click with her that "Oh, its Ravi, he just happens to be 75 now"

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Nitpicks:

-I found some of the directing distracting. There were a lot of sweeps past foreground elements that I found distracting.
            what does that mean?
            sally

sigpic

Comment

That's a different situation because you would see them grow old. Of course they would be similar, I'm not saying he wouldn't be but again, to me, it was too fast for Helen to recognise him when he was decades older and had only been missing for days. IMO he would have seemed familiar but it wouldn't automatically click with her that "Oh, its Ravi, he just happens to be 75 now"
              But he was already over 30. Not a teenager that you suddenly see in their 40 or something.
              Plus he recognized them.

Will wasnt in from of her. Josie (sp) is looking at Ravi, gun pointing at Will. Neither of them on screen

Comment

My point was merely that it seemed extreme to me that they would start knocking people out without first asking who was in charge and to see them. Then if they were refused they may have done what they did.
                Here's another explanation. Kate might have acted on her own just like she did in 'The Bank Job'. It helped, but it wasn't what Magnus would think of. You see the point?

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  Actually whatever feed Declan tried to access was censored, that doesn't mean the main Sanctuary wouldn't try another way to get the information. They've proven that they are extremely resourceful before so why is it so difficult to believe now?
                  I thought it was Declan who saw the cerillium symbol off of a computer in the security team's tent, which wouldn't be censored, and then relayed that info to Biggie.

I just figured she recognized him because he was the only Indian in the village, IIRC, and it was unlikely that there would be too many others in a small French village.

I'm still quite sad that Ravi died. He could have been a nice reoccurring character like Declan I thought.

sigpic

Comment

Did Helen and Will just 'kill' a whole town of people to save themselves?

Comment

Also....how many Indians will you find in a french town?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                        No, but maybe you weren't paying attention and missed that the whole world would be destroyed unless they fixed the time dilation field.
                        -

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
                          Not just themselves, billions of people. If they hadn't reversed the time bubble, it would have expanded and eventually destroyed the whole world. Not the first time Helen has had to 'sacrifice' the few to save the many I'd imagine.

sigpic

Comment

What they said.

Helen had weeks (?) Months (?) - three weeks sticks in my head, to reverse the bubble or the whole world would have been enveloped in it. and, as Ravi said, the world would not be able to handle time moving faster - tectonic plates, etc

as to the people in the village, they were all - except for ravi -descendants of the original scientists, that technically shouldn't exist in the real world because they hadn't been born yet.

their choice was to reset the bubble, saving the world, or let it expand, knowing that it would kill the world plus the people in the bubble

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                              No, but maybe you weren't paying attention and missed that the whole world would be destroyed unless they fixed the time dilation field.
                              Totally not called for to say someone wasn't paying attention..

Yeah, Helen had to save the world again but this time sacrifice hundreds of people in the process. Can one become desensitized to killing people after living hundreds of years like she has?

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
                              Not just themselves, billions of people. If they hadn't reversed the time bubble, it would have expanded and eventually destroyed the whole world. Not the first time Helen has had to 'sacrifice' the few to save the many I'd imagine.
                              I'm sure she carries a huge weight of guilt. Not only did she erase from existence hundreds of people, but she might have been the cause of them being stuck in the time dilation in the first place when she sent the elemental deep into the earth back in the 40's.

Comment

I think it was a lose/lose. These people were headed into a years long famine where many would die. They were people that literally couldn't survive outside the time bubble. The world would be destroyed if the bubble expanded (Although one thing that didn't seem to make sense is how the trees would act and react to years long 'summers' and years long 'winters'. I would think that three years with no sunlight would kill the plants)

I also wonder if the plates would be moving as fast as Ravi said they wouild be or if the what was in the bubble would be considered to be 'normal'...or was it that the plants weren't effected but the people were? but then how did food grow?

yeah, time travel gives me a headache.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X