Hangover (312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this episode!!

Though I feel like it lost its momentum and effect a bit towards the end, when it was like "okay now we know Henry's POV, and Kate's POV... now just need to find Will and Bigfoot..." there wasn't much mystery/hidden element to it anymore.

The ending was a bit cheesy as well. But it was a nice break from the Praxis arch and hopefully brings in a nice casual audience

Comment

Well finally getting a chance to post my two cents that is worth about one cent but well you know...LOL

Anyways let me just say that next to Next Tuesday which I ADORED and still do this is my absolutely FAVORITE episode of the series. Sanctuary humor at it's best and it was nice to see Helen on the outside without being involved in the action trying to piece the mystery together through the others.

Henry and Will fighting made me think of little brothers who quickly forgot they were mad at each other but while they were mad just wanted to rip each other's heads off. Glad they're back to being 'brothers' though cause they rock together.

Kate I have to say I really liked her in this episode it was wonderfully done and her character unlike in Pax Romana did not feel forced but flowed well reminding me why I started to like her in the first place. LOL

The whole Helen dealing with the UN thing I think was a beautiful way to look into some of the real world issues she has to deal with, it's not just the other Sanctuary heads who are watching her but the real world is...they don't just let her run this huge network unless she can prove she can do it and she really did.

On the whole Helen lying to the UN security chief about what happened I think Helen could and should have done that, remember what's been happening before that couple moments in the scene and despite them cleaning up her office logically the Sanctuary is still trashed, abnormals have to be up in arms, emails not answered, phone calls need returned, briefing Declan and the others on the situation that is now handled. I think she was just trying to spare herself some grief and if the chief had bought it hey no loss, no questions it's all good but if she didn't then she came clean and that was what she needed to do so I have no problem with her lying and trying to spare herself some explainations.

I agree with a lot of what is said here, I think some of us have a very naive view of Helen Magnus and what she does and it's easy to do don't get me wrong. Every time I watch her I uncover a new layer to her personality and even Amanda has said herself she still hasn't totally gotten Magnus yet...not understanding why she may or may not do something is just part of her charm but for the record. Yes I fully believe she has and would kill, lie, lock up or whatever she needed to not only protect the abnormal world but the human world or innocents not to mention family which she considers all her patients to be.

Overall as a final thought I just want to say KUDOS to the Sanctuary team on this episode, I still laugh when I watch it...especially thinking of Biggie just swinging there with his finger out pushing that button...LOL "Took you long enough" ring, ring.
      Sanctuary RULES!!!!
      Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
        Yeah, I didn't word that very well. What I meant was that while agree that her primary intent was to stop Adam, I do think Helen would have killed him as a last resort. So perhaps not 'intent to kill' as much as intent to stop him by any means necessary? In Hollow Earth I really do think she was shooting to kill.
        IMHO, she should've aimed for the head ...never shoot the bad guy in a place where they can live to make trouble for another day.
        I think that at some point during her "encounter" with Adam in Breach, she must have wanted to kill him...IIRC, it was a matter of kill or be killed at that point. Not that she wanted to kill him but maybe more that she needed to...and wanted to as well. Jeez, I know I would have wanted to...slippery little sucker is Adam.
        Originally posted by Abnormal View Post
        OMG the mollox is SO sweet!!! I want one!!!
        I know...he kinda looks like King Julian from Madagascar...but with long horns! "Does anybody else have a problem with Mr Alex Henry??"
        Ok...now I have that darned song going through my head...."I like to move it move it!!"
        "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

to sum up my review all i have is

Magnus: "Cover me!"
          Biggie: "yoooooo hooooooo!"
          sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
            When did Helen kill Adam?
            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            she's shot him several times...almost as many as druitt, but he was alive the last time she saw him...druitt actually was the last person to see him
            Which was my point. Thanks for verifying!
            sigpic
            Mourning Sanctuary.
            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post

I could be wrong here but I was under the impression that Helen herself thought she had killed Adam when he "fell" off the cliff after she shot him...after all she was very shocked to see him alive in FK&C.
              Him stepping off a cliff and dying from that (and the gunshot wound, although that was not a shot that was meant to kill) is different from her killing him. Would she have? Yes. Absolutely. He was a madman who wanted to be a mass murderer and would not come peacefully. So to her it might have been one and the same (emotionally). But no, she didn't kill him, he "committed suicide" rather than be caught.

I'm fairly certain she wanted to kill him in Pax. Still, it was Druitt that really killed him. (We think.)
              sigpic
              Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                Yes!!! It's their job. Cops kill or imprison those who commit murders. They would hang him or anything or whatever. It's their job, not Helen's.
                Except The Five had been *commissioned by their king* to bring him in/stop the risk to London. Making them arms of the government, the same way cops are. She gave him a choice the same way a cop does. *He* chose to jump.

I think there is another solution for Adam's problem other than killing. It's just my opinion. Why not lock him up like any other dangerous abnormal. He is one after all and a dangerous one for that matter. His place is with all the other dangerous abnormals down in the containment area in the sanctuary.

Again, she gave him a choice. He was not going willingly and there were not exactly a lot of options. In fact, he got away both times. For crying out loud, he was *dead* in Hollow Earth and that assistant revived him.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Again, she gave him a choice. He was not going willingly and there were not exactly a lot of options. In fact, he got away both times. For crying out loud, he was *dead* in Hollow Earth and that assistant revived him.
                  willingly??? A choice????
                  Someone like Adam should be taken without asking just like all the other dangerous abnormals. She certainly doesn't ask for their permission to keep them in the sanctuary. Adam lost his right of choice long ago. He acts like an animal now. He should be treated like one. At least that works for Hyde who is the dominant one most of the time. Unless Helen can find a way to suppress Hyde. That would solve all.

Comment

The difference being, as far as I can tell, is that the dangerous abnormals are acting out of self preservation/instinct. Hyde... not so much.

We will never agree on this.

So... Hangover. I really need to rewatch. Nice light eppy with some fun one-liners.

Didn't much buy Will - as a psychiatrist - going postal on Henry when it's obvious there was an underlying problem.
                    sigpic
                    Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

Him stepping off a cliff and dying from that (and the gunshot wound, although that was not a shot that was meant to kill) is different from her killing him. Would she have? Yes. Absolutely. He was a madman who wanted to be a mass murderer and would not come peacefully. So to her it might have been one and the same (emotionally). But no, she didn't kill him, he "committed suicide" rather than be caught.
                      I'm fairly certain she wanted to kill him in Pax. Still, it was Druitt that really killed him. (We think.)
                      Ok so I think what I'm trying to say is that she thought she had killed him...she said so herself in Breach -
                      "This is impossible, you're dead, I killed you"
                      I was merely pointing out that she believed she had killed him. Which is why I said - I could be wrong here but I was under the impression that Helen herself thought she had killed Adam when he "fell" off the cliff after she shot him...after all she was very shocked to see him alive in FK&C.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I have to admit, after finally seeing this ep last night, I didn't find it any where near as hilarious as I had been led to believe from the reactions on twitter. My friend and I kept waiting for the hilarity to ensue. I guess that's the problem with coming to an episode late. The hype can let you down.

Regarding Magnus' itty-bitty skirt and gigantic smile at the first flashback, we were highly suspicious of this 'conferece' she was going to. When you pair it with the itty-bitty bag she packed in for three days, we were even more suspicious that the 'conference' might be 'somewhere in Germany.'
                        Last edited by MidwifeOnBoard; 25 April 2011, 08:08 AM. Reason: iPad typos
                        sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          Ok so I think what I'm trying to say is that she thought she had killed him...she said so herself in Breach -
                          "This is impossible, you're dead, I killed you"
                          I was merely pointing out that she believed she had killed him. Which is why I said - I could be wrong here but I was under the impression that Helen herself thought she had killed Adam when he "fell" off the cliff after she shot him...after all she was very shocked to see him alive in FK&C.
                          There is no denying that he fell off the cliff. He shouldn't have survived that fall. Whether he he fell from the gunshot or fell because he let himself fall doesn't matter. Anyone falling form that height should not have survived. Hence she was shocked to see him alive. Never mind that he wasn't part of The Five so there was no reason to think he had survived.
                          sigpic
                          Mourning Sanctuary.

Comment

A bit too predictable (sorry, guys but it was very obvious from the very beginning what was going on and how), but still good fun.

And Helen looked absolutely stunning. I love her hair back.
                            you're so cute when you're slurring your speech but they're closing the bar and they want us to leave

'What is it, Sebastian? I'm arranging matches.'

"Religion is far more of a choice than homosexuality. And the protections that we have, for religion --we protect religion-- and talk about a lifestyle choice! That is absolutely a choice. Gay people don't choose to be gay. At what age did you choose not to be gay?" (Jon Stewart, The King of Common Sense)

Comment

Originally posted by MidwifeOnBoard View Post
                              I have to admit, after finally seeing this ep last night, I didn't find it any where near as hilarious as I had been led to believe from the reactions on twitter. My friend and I kept waiting for the hilarity to ensue. I guess that's the problem with coming to an episode late. The hype can let you down.
                              I didn't find it that funny either. Not bad, but not particularly funny. Maybe it's just my sense of humor. At least it didn't feel painfully like "let's *try* to be funny."

Regarding Magnus' itty-bitty skirt and gigantic smile at the first flashback, we were highly suspicious of this 'conferece' she was going to. When you pair it with the itty-bitty bag she packed in for three days, we were even more suspicious that the 'conference' might be 'somewhere in Germany.'
                              an interesting angle I hadn't considered...

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                                1. I didn't find it that funny either. Not bad, but not particularly funny. Maybe it's just my sense of humor. At least it didn't feel painfully like "let's *try* to be funny."

2. Aan interesting angle I hadn't considered...
                                1. I also didn't feel they were trying particularly hard to be funny. It just didn't tickle my funny bone at all the way it did for so many.

2. My friend and I came up with it at the same time. We put 2+3 together, first WTFing over what woman could pack for 3 days in that bag, then complaining about the OOC clothes (tho totally in awe of how amazing she looked) and the smile just did us in. THAT we were LOLing about.
                                sigpic

come tweet with me! LJ Friends Creative LJ* AO3 * FF.net banners by my talented friends

Comment

Working...
                                X