Nubbins (106)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, bless, how cute!
    That episode was one huge ''Aww-moment''. Forget the gore, it was cuteness all over!
    Little Hippy like lust inducing furry bouncy eeping creatures...

As for the Helen/Will scene... It works for me!
    Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
    Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

The UK viewing just finished. So much fun. I have to kind of admit I was only half paying attention in the beginning because someone, I won't mention who, but someone named ann_sgcfan spoilered me with a bare-chested Will pic and my brain was willing the whole world to fast forward to that moment. Do you think the Nubbins can send subliminal messages through the television set?

Anyway, really fun episode and I'm glad it's been given that injection of humour. "Women and geeks first" floored me. As did "does anyone else think it smells like fried nubbins?"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PengYn View Post
        The UK viewing just finished. So much fun. I have to kind of admit I was only half paying attention in the beginning because someone, I won't mention who, but someone named ann_sgcfan spoilered me with a bare-chested Will pic and my brain was willing the whole world to fast forward to that moment. Do you think the Nubbins can send subliminal messages through the television set?

Anyway, really fun episode and I'm glad it's been given that injection of humour. "Women and geeks first" floored me. As did "does anyone else think it smells like fried nubbins?"
        Ooooh suuuuuure blame me it was one innocent little photo
        Spoiler:

I can't help it if it distracted you for an entire day ... or two. It gave you something to look forward to even more

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
          Ooooh suuuuuure blame me it was one innocent little photo
          Spoiler:
          http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b264/ANN_SGCFAN/sonatavolume170iv7.png
          I can't help it if it distracted you for an entire day ... or two. It gave you something to look forward to even more
          innocent..... riiiiiiggghhht. and nubbins can't go invisible.
          sigpic

Comment

Looks like the nubbins have been working their magic on Ann and PengYn...

let the fight for Will begin
            sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

looks like ashley likes will's nubbins
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

what an good ep, funny, exciting, mysterious, i knew the nubbins were evil all along!! like critters and mogwai
                Spoiler:
                Disclaimer:
                I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                Quotes!
                - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  looks like ashley likes will's nubbins
                  i think its the other way around
                  Last Movie Watched
                  X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                  Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                    i think its the other way around
                    the tech guy (can never remember his name) likes ashleys nubbins too i loved that exchange, "don't you just want to squeeze them?"
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

I did enjoy the episode, but not sure I see the point of keeping them at the end though. I know the Sanctuary is all about finding and studying abnormals, but despite what they said the Nubbins did seem more like animals than sentient beings. Also IIRC they didn't say they where the only ones in existance, so it's not like they need saving from extinction or removing from their native lands as a danger to the other inhabitants.

It just seems a little unfair that they where keeping them chilled at the end seeing as it seems to have put them in a sleepy mode, a bit like keeping us half sedated for the rest of our lives.

Seeing as they need to keep them in this state to prevent them mating and they obviously can't be let out, maybe they should have returned them to their habitat.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                        Seeing as they need to keep them in this state to prevent them mating and they obviously can't be let out, maybe they should have returned them to their habitat.
                        the sanctuary, is for studying abnormals, abnormals aren't always human abnormals however. the nubbins had an interesting ability worthy of further study, not all things in the sanctuary are sentient anyway, the thing that killed will's mum for example.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        Quotes!
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't have this very deep thoughts as the some of you have...but I absolutely loved this episode...

Ashley and the nubbins...I think I would have done the same...they were so cute, but in the end very evil...

all the "romantic" scenes were awesome, I think the actors in it played it VERY well

I loved it that we saw a half naked Will and his bum...*goes to heaven* He is so HOT! *grins*

I do agree with Moussie that I don't understnad why they kept the nubbins...they could still be a danger in the end somewhere...you saw that they couldn't keep them under control in the ship...so there is always a danger of another outbreak...or they just have to keep two in seperate cells if they want to examine them...
                          perhaps Ashley has something to do with keeping them...coz they are so cute

That's it for me...no more thoughts...can't wait for the next episode...this show is REALLY addicting...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                            So apparently evil Furbie/ Tribbles are an aphrodesiac?
                            the nubbins were cute, a mixture of tribble and Furbie although they were where some of hte effects broke down a bit, but hey, no biggie
                            Ha! So I'm not the only one...

I was thinking "Furbble" before they were named. LOL

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                            what an good ep, funny, exciting, mysterious, i knew the nubbins were evil all along!! like critters and mogwai
                            That was my one problem with the episode.... it was SO predictable. Quite enjoyable, but very predictable. I knew that the Nubbins would turn out to be the "bad guy" and that they were causing the "sexual tension".

But I still liked it.
                            Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

it was predictible in a way but at least they didn't fall into the 'aroused humans have secks' pit fall. and it would have been nice to have seen the predators wipe out more of the nubbins although i did shake my head....they found cages that had been chewed through and still put the nubbies in a cage. although, if it wasn't for that plot hole, the show would have ended kinda early
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

it was predictible in a way but at least they didn't fall into the 'aroused humans have secks' pit fall. and it would have been nice to have seen the predators wipe out more of the nubbins although i did shake my head....they found cages that had been chewed through and still put the nubbies in a cage. although, if it wasn't for that plot hole, the show would have ended kinda early
                                Yeah, I am glad they didn't go too far with that as well. I was worried for a minute there... with Will and Ashley. lol
                                Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X