X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome episode!!
    Very funny

Henry had me rolling on the floor
    Amanda looked gorgeous, it's always cool to see her in funny/comedic episodes
    Ashley/Will *grins* ^^
    And I really liked Sophie (great choice on the name too )

Comment

I just finished watching it for the second time, and it was even funnier then the first time around. Every scene Henry was in cracked me up. Starting from his talk with Ashley about her Nubbins (flops in the gutter), to "Women and geeks first...Oh, no wait, that's all of us", and everything in between.

At first I was worried about the whole Helen/Will thing (not a shipper), but I think it was handled very well, very...subtle, unlike Ashley/Will (loved the butt scene btw ). But I did like the fact that we got to see the sexier unapologetic side of Helen. Will is uncomfortable, but she's having fun.

Bring on "The Five"

p.s. If anyone is interested, over 600 caps from the ep

06 Nubbins.zip
      sigpic

Comment

Best line??

"I've got wood!"

Gotta love Henry!

das
        sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode. And as much as I like Helen, Will and Ashley, I thought Henry stole the show with his funny lines and just his whole attitude. Of course, the Nubbins were really cute, too, even though ferocious in spite of their cuteness.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            I really enjoyed this episode. And as much as I like Helen, Will and Ashley, I thought Henry stole the show with his funny lines and just his whole attitude. Of course, the Nubbins were really cute, too, even though ferocious in spite of their cuteness.
            Henry totally stole the show! The whole thing with Ashley's 'nubbins', and jumping up on the ledge after injecting the predator thingy, and walking past the infirmary to check out the 'new girl', and - well, just everything! He was the highlight for me in this one - just made the show!

das
            sigpic

Comment

Have to agree, Henry lines were just priceless!

"Women and geeks first . . . oh wait that's all of us!"

"I've got wood!"

"Easy peasy!"
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                Have to agree, Henry lines were just priceless!

"Women and geeks first . . . oh wait that's all of us!"

"I've got wood!"

"Easy peasy!"
                And the looks on his face when Ashley said "Don't you just wanna squeeze them"
                sigpic

Comment

LOL, I loved Nubbins! It kept me laughing throughout the show. I have to agree Henry stole the show I also have to give credit to the actors for being able to keep straight faces when delivering some of those lines

The show was well written, well directed and the acting above par, Kudos to everyone
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

nubbins was one of those eps...had you felt the actors were taking themselves seriously, it would have sucked. the lines would have been too OTT and too cheesy.

but everyone seemed to have the right amount of 'we're having fun' and not taking themselves seriously and it worked. I laughed out loud and i'm glad that the 'libidenous (i think i would have wet myself had he used that term) tones didn't lead to anyone taking any actions. too much baggage for that to happen

I do think, however, that 'nubbins' could be analogous to 'fishing'
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I absolutely loved this one. It had me laughing the whole time....
                      I really liked Kush, but I think this was my favourite so far. I really liked the humour bits, but I also liked the bits with Sophie. I thought the fact that, outwardly at least, she doesn't seem to be an "abnormal" added to the story. We've mostly seen "monsters", for want of a better term, and I liked the addition of Sophie.
                      I loved: "a few cups shy of a tea service", and "don't you just want to squeeze them?" LOL.
                      My sis and I were actually joking about "libidenous" when we watched. I think I would've died laughing if they'd actually said it.
                      Just wondering: does anyone know if next week's ep is called "The Five" ? 'Cause that's what it called last night's ep on my PVR, but I know it was Nubbins. Thanks!

Comment

I never really expected to enjoy Sanctuary -- it just seemed like an excuse for the producers to show off how well they can use green screens. But I'm hooked! I really needed a good laugh (it's been a really tough week) and "nubbins" provided plenty of them. Henry is such a wonderful character and was hysterically funny in this episode! I wonder who came up with the title? And those adorable little fur balls -- no doubt inspired by Star Treks tribbles, but with a touch of Monty Python vorpal bunny as well -- turning out to be aphrodisiacs was a truly inspired little plot twist.

Next week promises to be a lot more serious and very interesting.
                        Sparrow hawk

sigpic

Comment

This was such a fun episode, which should be weird considering all the gore involved.
                          It was obvious that all the actors were having fun and not taking themselves too seriously.

There were so many good lines, but I think my favourites are -

"Don't you just want to squeeze them?"
                          and

"Don't forget to put out the fire."
                          "Oh, I never do..."
                          Roll on next week!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i really enjoyed the ep!

(so far, though, 'kush' has been my fave)

the helen/will scene was handled very well. i was a bit worried on that (will looks like he's 20 something), but i liked the way it was handled. and that weird music they played through it (when certain ppl were feeling frisky) just cracked me up.

of course, my only complaint is MORE HELEN.

the ashley/will scene was funny.

the girl that could sense things (erica?); while i liked the actress fine enough, i think she slurred her words sometimes. made it hard to understand her at times.

what lovely pets the nubbins would make.

henry is funny.

a from me!

(and next weeks looks GREAT! )

sally
                            Oh, I forgot something in my review, when Will sad he was going to bed, and Helen said "Sweet dreams" I remember thinking at the time "They're only sweet when you're in them" .

Originally posted by hisg1fans View Post
                            Great show!

Noticed Peter DeLuise directed. Good to see his name again.
                            Ha, I didn't notice, I was to busy intently focusing on Helen .

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
                            I just finished watching it for the second time, and it was even funnier then the first time around. Every scene Henry was in cracked me up. Starting from his talk with Ashley about her Nubbins (flops in the gutter), to "Women and geeks first...Oh, no wait, that's all of us", and everything in between.

At first I was worried about the whole Helen/Will thing (not a shipper), but I think it was handled very well, very...subtle, unlike Ashley/Will (loved the butt scene btw ). But I did like the fact that we got to see the sexier unapologetic side of Helen. Will is uncomfortable, but she's having fun.

Bring on "The Five"

p.s. If anyone is interested, over 600 caps from the ep

06 Nubbins.zip
                            Sweet , and you're right, bring on "The Five" .
                            Last edited by Rocky89; 08 November 2008, 05:15 PM.

Comment

i enjoyed this episode

lol at the camo tribbles

favorite line

the tech guy (forgot his name) got it threat level holy crap
                              Last Movie Watched
                              X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                              Life is Strange

Comment

I seem to be in the minority in that this was the first episode that I haven't enjoyed at all. I found everything about it overly obvious, from the entirely predictable plot to the really heavy handed and equally obvious jokes. And c'mon, furbies? Nubbins? Gak. The writing is frequently a little stilted, but I ignore it because I really, really want to see this show do well - this time, though...
                                But as I say, I seem to be in the minority. It's way more important that the audience as a whole enjoy it, than that I do. I admit, I am not un-picky...
                                Last edited by amconway; 08 November 2008, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X