Folding Man (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by belevision View Post

To bring this back to Sanctuary: Just about everyone in this show is hot. Even Druitt, because I love CH's voice.
    I second that motion! Even when it's in the "Todd/Bigfoot" synthesizer it makes me get goosebumps!
    sigpic

Comment

Not the best episode. It continued the Fata Morgana decline.

Comment

Originally Posted by belevision

To bring this back to Sanctuary: Just about everyone in this show is hot. Even Druitt, because I love CH's voice.
        CH is hot i love watching him wether he's Druitt or Todd he is such a great actor and i'm so excited about seeing more about Helen & Druitt .
        sigpic
        (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

So...I would have enjoyed this a lot more if my digital signal hadn't been wigging out for the last fifteen minutes...but that is another matter...*mutters darkly*

Anyhoo...really loved it...made me think of the X Files episode that I now know is called Tooms with the stretchy men, which was cool. I liked the twist and that Will got fooled in a way....and he's still on his good steep learning curve and us along with him.

I liked seeing a functional family reliationship on TV too as odd and Helen and Ashley are as mother and daughter they function better than most tv families and I like that. Ashley is really growing on me, though I keep thinking she looks really young lol.

The girders scene was awesome and flying drug barons ftw

Ahh...least I have an excuse to watch Wednesdays repeat.
          sigpic
          Thank you to Lies for my signature pic
          My Fanfic~My Femslash

Comment

Just watched this on ITV4.....I guessed the twist about halfway through the episode......pretty predictable imho....am liking Robin Dunne's interactions with the "guest abnormal" (for want of a better word).....but I do think there was a lot more "mumbling" in this episode - not necessarily by him I hasten to add......both hubs and I had to keep turning the sound up to catch various bits of certain conversations....

Gave myself brownie points for spotting the Carnegie Library on the corner of Main and East Hastings St....perfect filming spot for the "down and out" section.......mind you, we've driven past that place more times than I care to remember this summer when we were staying in Downtown Van....

Deeds xx
            sigpic
            Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
            MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

question: do you think malcolm was really going through withdrawl?

you'd think helen and company would have been monitoring him (cameras and maybe vital signs?), so i'd think it would have been difficult to maintain that type of withdrawl faking that not only lasted so long, but became more intense as time went on.

thoughts?
              sally

sigpic

Comment

I'd have to say no, simply because I don't think he'd be silly enought to become addicted to his own drug. It would be difficult to build a crime empire if you where strung out and jonesing for your next fix. Combine that with how he just stopped and looked fine when he revealed himself at the end I don't think he was.

However as you say it would be pretty difficult to fake the symptoms of withdrawal for any length of time if they where monitoring him, and you'd think they where, so I'd just put it down to the usual 'reality goes bye bye to advance the story'.
                sigpic

Comment

Like many others my first instinctive thought at the start was "Hmm... *coughXfilesSqueezecough*.

Ahem, yeah...

...But...

By the end, I thought,

"Alright then. Not Squeeze. Not even close. "

Although I am left wondering if Mulder might have done better if he'd teamed up with Helen Magnus instead of Scully but...heh, that's one for the fanfic authors to work out I think. I suspect, ongoing, comparisons between certian episodes of X Files and Sanctury will become inevitable - simply because of the paralells in the things they are exploring, although admittedly, coming at it from the opposite angle.

Anyway, after that, yep, good episode. I liked it better - much, much better - than last week's (which I just had so many issues with I couldn't bring myself to post about). Everything about Folding Man was better. The story more fleshed out, the twist at the end, CGI, the score, the acting, on a more shallow note, Helen's hair... I could go on.
                  I did see the twist coming but then, Usual Suspects is one of my favourite films and it was very reminiscent. I still loved it though, and I reckon if you're going to borrow an idea (and there's no such thing as an original idea anymore) you might as well do it with class and borrow from the best.
                  I like the fact that, when it came right down to it, this was basically a human story about bad people doing what bad people do and, take out the abnormal/sanctury twist and you could tell this story in any number of other formats.

If I absolutelty *had* to pick a nit somewhere then I'd say the line at the end "know when to fold 'em" was completly corny. Apart from that, nope, no complaints from me here.

Bring on next week!

Cags
                  sigpic

Comment

1. I was surprised the folding men were even able to leave fingerprints in the pipes.

2. Sounds like Helen's been running Sancturary for 60-odd years.

3. Didn't expect Malcolm to be the main bad guy but should have done.

4. Sooner or later the coppers are going to find out about Sancturary surely!
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

i guessed the ending

im pretty happy with myself

key members of parliament, key. The minds behind every military, diplomatic and covert operation in the galaxy and you put them in a room with a psychic.

sigpic

thanks to stef for making this banner

Comment

It was interesting that Will - with all his knowledge - let Malcolm manipulete him! I think the writer showed us Will like normal person, that also makes mistakes and has got lot to learn yet. And that aspect I like in this episode
                        sigpic
                        sig thanks to Luci

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                          It was interesting that Will - with all his knowledge - let Malcolm manipulete him! I think the writer showed us Will like normal person, that also makes mistakes and has got lot to learn yet. And that aspect I like in this episode
                          agree
                          I enjoyed the manipulating Will's mind thing made him look more vulnerable
                          Malcom was definetly a great character

Comment

Originally posted by Achaja View Post
                            I also agree! This was a very interesting episode, and I loved how it showed that Will is not all-knowing and showed that he can make mistakes. Again, just dipping my toes into this series, but so far this bodes well for me enjoying it.
                            Signature by Glitch33.
                            sigpic
                            Official assistant thread elf of the Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young appreciation thread and member of the Teslen thread.

Comment

Folding Man

Probably the first real episode seeing as how the pilot was a retread of the webbies, as was fata morgana

you do have to give a little blind eye to ashley's disappearing scar since the shows are out of order.

we see our first hints of police cooperation, it's insinuated that the cops gave magnus the password to their main frame. We also see that htey have a network of informants, cops, crime bosses, the aforeseen coroner. the sanctuary is less of a secret and more of a 'independant contractor we don't talk about'.

I like how ash is more toned down here. almost a normal person not the ball busting, ,ghoul hating spitfire.

we also see that while magnus does favors for the cops, she doesn't owe them any favors. they ask her for help, and they get it....her way.

the sanctuary is much, much more benevolent than hinted at before.

solid if not stellar.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Folding Man was different and I think that is why I liked it. The actor who played Malcolm was very convincing and I didn't even suspect he was Noman. I really liked the humor in the episode (giving Will a hard time about the bagels etc.). It would have been nice if they had Kavan on to reprise his role; I can't believe the police would just let a murder go without any more questioning.

I also liked Ashley adjusted attitude in this one.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X