Folding Man (104)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    I remember that too. But it could be that we're both suffering from schizoaffective disorder and have the same hallucinations.
    If I say that I remember the same thing, does it mean I am schizo-whatever too...or that we are all sane??

Originally posted by jasminaGo View Post
    One word about this ep.

AWESOME!!!!!!
    I second that
    sigs by Rachel-Kree, josiane and finally me too!
    Thank you!

"The true nature of a man is decided in the battle between his conscious mind and the desires of his subconscious." - Shifu, Absolute Power
    Videos:
    YouTube/Imeem
    Stargate SG.1, Sam and Jack, Sanctuary...

Comment

The murderous flunkey looked so strange i was convinced that the badguy would turn out to be Will's old partner who'd contorted his face as a disguise.

Man my mind goes to the weird place quick.

Comment

Hey. I thought to join the discussion. Um, I've loved the show so far. The music is awesome, love the stories and camera work, and of course Amanda - the reason I watch it. The interaction between Helen and Ashley is very enjoyable. Basically every scene with Amanda/Helen there, I gasp for air, she's just sooo stunningly beautiful.

About this ep, loved the twists, you never know what's gonna happen next. That's good.

There's just one question that keeps bugging me - where is the Sanctuary?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Egle01 View Post
          <snip>

There's just one question that keeps bugging me - where is the Sanctuary?
          The series isn't set in the real world. All we know is that the city is called Old City (think Smallville or Gotham City not a real city but set in a world similar to ours) and the impression from the webisodes was that there was Old City and New City and that something terrible had occurred in Old City at sometime.
          -

Comment

OK. I hope that some next episodes will explain it a bit more.
            sigpic

Comment

in fata morgana they show a gps location roughly in the vancouver/washington state area, pacific north west.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I waited to delurk here untill I'd seen more episodes, but darn it, I'm so in love with this show. I'm already impressed with the look of it all on my laptop, now all I need is to see it on TV...

Anyway, this episode was very enjoyable. I loved it. There where twists, there was the joy of seeing people shuffing themselfes through little openings (I have a wicked sense of humor and the way the folding men ''folded' their heads was pretty cool)

And another thing I liked apart from those already mentioned, was that the sanctuary was well known with the folders... It almost sounded like it was somewhat of a legend they tell their kids about before going to bed like a fairytale...
                Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                  The series isn't set in the real world. All we know is that the city is called Old City (think Smallville or Gotham City not a real city but set in a world similar to ours) and the impression from the webisodes was that there was Old City and New City and that something terrible had occurred in Old City at sometime.
                  I think so as well...something terrible happened...and I'm very curious about what it is..I want to know what happened...

and since I don't know any spoilers...I have no clue about it!

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  in fata morgana they show a gps location roughly in the vancouver/washington state area, pacific north west.
                  I saw that as well...but still is it in our reality or just really sci-fi...

I wanna know more about everything, helen, the city, the past etc.....I have that deep hunger now for wanting new episodes fast because I want answers on my questions. It's a good thing to have, this hunger, coz this means I'm loving the show and need new episodes now...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    I think so as well...something terrible happened...and I'm very curious about what it is..I want to know what happened...

and since I don't know any spoilers...I have no clue about it!

I saw that as well...but still is it in our reality or just really sci-fi...

I wanna know more about everything, helen, the city, the past etc.....I have that deep hunger now for wanting new episodes fast because I want answers on my questions. It's a good thing to have, this hunger, coz this means I'm loving the show and need new episodes now...
                    LOL
                    I'm like "Give me the DVD boxset already will ya!". So as I can just sit down and watch it all at once I like how they throw out hints about stuff and then make you wait to piece it altogether.
                    -

Comment

LOL
                      I'm like "Give me the DVD boxset already will ya!". So as I can just sit down and watch it all at once I like how they throw out hints about stuff and then make you wait to piece it altogether.
                      I like that as well...but I'm not that patient... So the whole storyline would be good for me

but I like the hints and ideas

Just an awesome show
                      sigpic

Comment

Enjoyed the episode.

Watched the back half first, since I came in too late to see it on TV, then watched the front half this morning on the Scifi site.

I totally fell for the twist at the end. I think because I started the episode seeing Nomad in a Sanctuary holding cell, in TPG withdrawal, acting scared and jittery, and then saw the flashbacks from his falsified point of view.

Anyhoo, the end was a complete surprise to me.

Loved seeing Alex Z.

I really like the new and improved Mother/Daughter relationship - they are a team! YAY!!

hehe, Magnus knew when Will switched from boxers to briefs. LOL! I guess a job interview with Magnus is completely superfluous; a formality for the interviewee.

I had vertigo with the Ashley/ drug czar scene on the building girders... yipes. FANTASTIC graphics, loved it. I might have liked more wind, more evidence of nervousness on Ashley's part. The graphics were so realistic, I was nervous for her!

I like Magnus' library/ study. Books!!! I'd spend hours and hours in there if it was real.

I want more Magnus!! But, AT is doing so much behind the scenes, I'd hate to add anything more to her plate.

Now for the dork side of me:

Spoiler:
                        I wondered about the anatomy of folding men... I liked seeing the extra joint in the upper arm, but then I went off on a tangent wondering about the upper arm anatomy. The normal biomechanics would be foiled by an extra joint, do folders have extra muscles to control the extra joints? And, Magnus caused folding by stimulating a reflex, a folding reflex? Or just a local muscle/ folding joint response?

By now you are thinking: "Who gives a flip! Tagger's crazy!"

But hints make me curious... that's all.

Curious is better than bored, right? This is part of why I like Sanctuary. DK (and now Egan) leave cool clues.

One scientific niggle: beta blockers don't block pain in humans, they block the fight or flight chemicals. I doubt it is writer error, so it must be Folding Man physiology? Although Magnus seemed to use the beta blockers sentence as a general explanation... for all humans. Meh. Not a huge deal.
                        Last edited by tagger; 19 October 2008, 03:56 PM.
                        Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                        Quint Studer

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                          I had vertigo with the Ashley/ drug czar scene on the building girders... yipes. FANTASTIC graphics, loved it. I might have liked more wind, more evidence of nervousness on Ashley's part. The graphics were so realistic, I was nervous for her!
                          I actually thought that Emilie played Ashley's nervousness on the girder quite well. If you look closely she is never still and watch her hands too, she fidgets and looks down frequently. It was subtle but if you hold up her actions against other tense scenes you can spot the difference. I thought it was well done.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                            Now for the dork side of me:

Spoiler:
                            I wondered about the anatomy of folding men... I liked seeing the extra joint in the upper arm, but then I went off on a tangent wondering about the upper arm anatomy. The normal biomechanics would be foiled by an extra joint, do folders have extra muscles to control the extra joints? And, Magnus caused folding by stimulating a reflex, a folding reflex? Or just a local muscle/ folding joint response?

By now you are thinking: "Who gives a flip! Tagger's crazy!"

But hints make me curious... that's all.

Curious is better than bored, right? This is part of why I like Sanctuary. DK (and now Egan) leave cool clues.

One scientific niggle: beta blockers don't block pain in humans, they block the fight or flight chemicals. I doubt it is writer error, so it must be Folding Man physiology? Although Magnus seemed to use the beta blockers sentence as a general explanation... for all humans. Meh. Not a huge deal.
                            LOL well I don't think your crazy and now you have me curious

Spoiler:
                            I can't remember what Helen said exactly but Beta blockers are used to help muscle spasms also. If memory serves....they control rigidity and spasms by blocking a chemical reaction in the synapse receptor. So perhaps the folders pain is caused by muscle spasms.

One other thing I noticed and wondered about is that all the folding men walked with a limp. So perhaps the skeletal changes do cause disadvantages in normal activities.
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL
                              yes, i'm already excited about having the dvds!!
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                yes, i'm already excited about having the dvds!!
                                That's my Sally . When the DVDs come out, I'm gonna buy the first season, and I'm gonna pay with cash to support the show and Amanda . Maybe I'll even buy 3 or 5 copies for extra support . Because merchandise is just as important to a shows success IMHO. It shows how popular a show or movie is, and it's good money wise. Y'all should do the same .

Comment

Working...
                                X