Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
    I think that is very positive and would be happy to join in. Maybe someone could tweet or post a comment to Sanctuary to ask where we can send letters. I think we could also write to Syfy. Does someone have the address for them?
    A friend of mine found this. Syfy Head of Programming, c/o NBC Universal, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York NY 10112

Funny story, when she wrote a letter to Syfy, she put a teabag inside. Why? Because of Helen Magnus.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
      A friend of mine found this. Syfy Head of Programming, c/o NBC Universal, 30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York NY 10112

Funny story, when she wrote a letter to Syfy, she put a teabag inside. Why? Because of Helen Magnus.
      Hey now that's an idea! Maybe everybody should include a teabag.

And I like the idea of a positive letter and not just demanding and whining. Show support and let them know we'd love another season but also appreciating what we have already had.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

You should be careful putting stuff in letters...people get afraid of the possibility of tainted letters.

might get it delayed or thrown out
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          You should be careful putting stuff in letters...people get afraid of the possibility of tainted letters.

might get it delayed or thrown out
          I agree. Too much reminiscent of the anthrax scare from some years back.

Is there a way to do this letter writing via email? I don't do the snail mail much anymore.

Comment

All I found was a snail mail.

Keith Beedie
            Beedie Group
            3030 Gilmore Diversion
            Burnaby, BC, V5G 3B4

But I think...thanks for all you did, we'd love more.

No harassing, no taking to task, no 'but I didn't like this plot line', no grief or anger....think Oliver Twist, 'thank you for lunch, can I have some more?'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Celandine View Post
              I agree. Too much reminiscent of the anthrax scare from some years back.

Is there a way to do this letter writing via email? I don't do the snail mail much anymore.
              My friend who found that address to Syfy, found this e-mail address. [email protected]

Comment

E-mail isn't an effective tool. They rarely get where you want to and are easily overlooked and deleted. Snail mail is always preferable, and yes studios et. all still use snail mail quite a lot.

I also agree that sending stuff like teabags is not a great idea. The letter will likely not make it to someone who you want to see it. If you're writing Skiffy, for the love of god don't be a psycho disrespectful fan. Just say you're lookin forward to it being back or something. And remember if you're writing internationally, they won't care.

As for the financial backers, I think Skydivers idea is brilliant! A nice thank you is always welcome.
                Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

I'm just guessing obviously, but if it wasn't for Keith and his group I don't think we would have had a season four. So we have a lot to thank him for.

'thank you so much for all you've done, I hope it works out so we can get some more'
                  'Thanks to the show, i've gone to cons and have such great friends. Hope it can continue'
                  'I love the sense of community that the show has creates and th charity we've all helped out with, hope it doesn't end so soon'

Just nice simple things tht focuses on th positive and fun and good...no lectures, no rants, no temper tantrums...keep it good karma. Good feelings. Positive and fun andrespectful.

sigpic

Comment

A Tea Bag!!!

Helen would rather drink coffee

On a serious note, I do however think that sending a note of appreciation to Keith Beedie is a very good idea.
                    -

Comment

Given how short Sanctuary's seasons are to begin with, I really don't see a miniseries happening. If there were to be a post-series production, I could see a TV movie for Syfy. Actually, I could see a series of TV movies for Syfy given how Sanctuary seems to fit the type of stories the network is interested in presenting. What say you all?

Comment

I could see an annual 2 night mini-series or a quarterly saturday night movie series

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
                          Given how short Sanctuary's seasons are to begin with, I really don't see a miniseries happening. If there were to be a post-series production, I could see a TV movie for Syfy. Actually, I could see a series of TV movies for Syfy given how Sanctuary seems to fit the type of stories the network is interested in presenting. What say you all?
                          How can you see a series of movies but not a mini series? I'm very confused.

That being said, no I can't really see a series of movies for Sanctuary as that would be more pricey than another season. Also given the fact that there is not a studio backing them, it'll be hard to raise that kind of money.

BUT, if they could get the financial backing, and if thu film back-to-back, it could dry well happen.
                          Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

What Sky said has merit. Any address we can send thank you letters to?

I'm still hopeful for a S5.

Comment

an address

Keith Beedie
                              Beedie Group
                              3030 Gilmore Diversion
                              Burnaby, BC, V5G 3B4

Remember folks, fun, respectful, nice.

This is a person that's invested in the show in the past, a person we can all thank for hours of entertainment. They don't do plots, they don't do characters, they don't do pairings. They've invested in a show we've all enjoyed watching.

We're hoping for good karma, not to encourage any 'oh, it's them again )

We don't want a tsunami of bad feelings, we want a beautiful curling wave of good feelings.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                an address

Keith Beedie
                                Beedie Group
                                3030 Gilmore Diversion
                                Burnaby, BC, V5G 3B4

Remember folks, fun, respectful, nice.

This is a person that's invested in the show in the past, a person we can all thank for hours of entertainment. They don't do plots, they don't do characters, they don't do pairings. They've invested in a show we've all enjoyed watching.

We're hoping for good karma, not to encourage any 'oh, it's them again )

We don't want a tsunami of bad feelings, we want a beautiful curling wave of good feelings.
                                Good idea. Good Karma could mean more Sanctuary. Plus, the show's thanked them at the end of each episode this season, so we should as well. Maybe I'll mail it tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X