Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sadly thats true. i personally hadn't watched the show yet and i'm sure i'm not alone in that group. so that would increase the viewers and hopefully paying viewers, but i'm still really hoping for a fifth season.
    sigpic

Comment

Many fans were very good at not stealing, but not your average anonymous internet viewer. There is a huge sense of entitlement amongst some in society. I want music, i want it free, i want movies, i want them free etc.

While I to totally agree that the studios and their big 'milk every penny cause these execs need their 8 figure salary' schemes are maddening, I do tire of 'gimme everything now and free'.
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        Many fans were very good at not stealing, but not your average anonymous internet viewer. There is a huge sense of entitlement amongst some in society. I want music, i want it free, i want movies, i want them free etc.

While I to totally agree that the studios and their big 'milk every penny cause these execs need their 8 figure salary' schemes are maddening, I do tire of 'gimme everything now and free'.
        I don't want the TV shows for free, but I don't want to wait for them for an entire year or more...

Comment

I wait that long for UK shows to make it over here. Or for movies to get released on DVD.

sigpic

Comment

I wait that long for UK shows to make it over here. Or for movies to get released on DVD.
            Not a fan of the entitlement either, but as an Aussie I know what it's like to have shows air infrequently, randomly get pulled and if aired no one knows when. And other shows just don't make it period. It can just be a matter, at times, of exasperation.

That being said it doesn't excuse circumventing paying for a product, like the original Internet Sanctuary (which was superior to season 1 of the show IMO).
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

There were parts of the webbies that I didn't like....namely how ash was characterized, however I also didn't like the girlification of her in season one either....IMHO, she was a bit too harsh in the webbie, but they tamed her too much for season one.

sigpic

Comment

Since we're talking about the webisodes I just wanted to ask if the webisodes that were included on the dvd's were all of them that they did before the show aired on TV. Or were there more webisodes besides those?
                sigpic
                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

There was just those 8, which made up 2 episodes.

sigpic

Comment

There were parts of the webbies that I didn't like....namely how ash was characterized, however I also didn't like the girlification of her in season one either....IMHO, she was a bit too harsh in the webbie, but they tamed her too much for season one.
                    Ashley just never worked IMO. I didn't hate her, nor did I like her - she was just there and I personally wasn't sorry to see her go.
                    Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                      Ashley just never worked IMO. I didn't hate her, nor did I like her - she was just there and I personally wasn't sorry to see her go.
                      i thought i was alone in feeling that. i didn't hater her, and was sad for helen but i didn't really miss her in the show. and after it being a few seasons since, the show is a lot different now. i can't really seeing her character fitting in with it, if she were to ever come back.
                      sigpic

Comment

In the webbies, Ash was so hard I almost felt that she hated the abnormals and saw them as animals, which ran contrary to how her mom saw them, then on the show she was so girly girly that I was like 'umm, who is this?????' and she never gelled. It was like they couldn't figure out what she was so we kept getting a mish-mash and ended up with a bit of a mess.

sigpic

Comment

I loved the first season. I saw the second season except for "Kali." Without Ashley, it just wasn't the same. I loved the mother-daughter dynamic, and with that gone... the show lost something special. I haven't bothered to watch the show since 2-11 "Haunted."

Comment

Getting a bit OT but I'd like to throw in my 2 cents.

I liked the character of Ashley (and really liked EU who is a very nice young woman). I think Sky is right, they didn't know which way to go with the character. Really unfortunate after turning her darkside that they killed her off. I think there was a fabulous opportunity for the character in seeing her deal with the aftermath of the Cabal experiment. I also lament the lack of dealing with the mother/daughter dynamic in season 1.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

@Syfy Tuesday afternoon Q&A. 5 Qs get 5 As. To start, no word on #Sanctuary or an air date for #DestinationTruth yet. What else is on your mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                                @Syfy Tuesday afternoon Q&A. 5 Qs get 5 As. To start, no word on #Sanctuary or an air date for #DestinationTruth yet. What else is on your mind?

Why confused? If there was anything to report we would already know. I wonder how many fans are (uselessly) tweeting Skiffy about Sanctuary like it'll make a difference or speed up the decision making process.

Comment

Working...
                                X