Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Opinion/Feeling on S4 Ratings. Will there be S5?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit more from TVWise:
    http://www.tvwise.co.uk/2012/02/read...o-be-canceled/

3) Do you know if Syfy will renew or cancel the series?

Short answer: No, I don’t know.

Long answer: See my short answer.

All I can say here is that I’m told negotiations are on-going and a decision is expected within the next few weeks. All I can do is convey what sources at Syfy have told me in the last few weeks/months. Given the relative ratings of the series, the cost of Defiance and the likely cost of a weekly Blood & Chrome series, one insider put the chances of renewal at 65%, at best. As for when a decision will be made by Syfy? How many angels can dance on the head of a pin?
    sigpic

Comment

@Syfy A huge thanks to my employer Syfy for donating to @amandatapping's charity @sanctuary4kids on my behalf. Thanks Syfy!

I like to have some optimism there.

Comment

How did ya get anything to be optimistic about from the tweet?

Seems like we are firmly within 'grasping at straws' territory. And while the fluffy creatures you'll see in this land are cute, they have one hell of a bite .
        Last edited by Deevil; 16 February 2012, 05:17 PM. Reason: Damn you iPad autocorrect!
        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
          How did ya get anything to be optimistic about from the tweet?

Seems like we are firmly within 'grasping at straws' territory. And while the fluffy creatures you'll see in this land are cute, they have one he'll of a bite
          Hey, it's how I work, yo. I don't know, I just... try to stay positive.

What about that latest news from tvwise?

Comment

What news? It's all supposition based on nameless sources. That's all anything is about Sanctuary's renewal. All it will ever be until they decide.
            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Comment

Thought I'd just point out that Mad Men's renewal discussions went on for ages and hence the latest season was delayed by a whole year.... so it's not like it hasn't happened before (though, note: they are on a different cable chanel, but still pertinent IMO)

Comment

really? that surprises me since mad men wins like every award.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                  really? that surprises me since mad men wins like every award.

Unfortunately awards don't always mean ratings.
                  sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Ratings weren't the problem, shows with critical acclaim get to skate by on poor ratings all the time (not that the ratings were overly poor). It was a contract issue, one that took forever to be dealt with. The created of the show resented AMC tying to force him to cut cast etc so he held out on signing a new contract.

This isnt a move that is always guaranteed to work in a showrunners favour, but in this case there is little surprise that it did.

Comment

Another example of a similar situation that ended differently...Crusade. TNT tried to tell JMS what to do and how to do it...he said no. They said 'fine' and the show ended.

So sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

But there is always one major thing between show creators and networks....suits behind a desk trying to tell the show creators what to do and how to do it and the show creators often not liking or not agreeing with doing what they are told to do.
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

JMS also quit Jermiah because the studio wanted the show to go in a different direction. He is notoriously pig headed in the high way/my way scenario. He's lost out a number of times because of it (sadly).

Comment

He has, which is kinda too bad because he has great ideas, he just doesn't tolerate 'suggestions' 'interferance' or whatever you want to call it, from others.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I figure that's why he isn't consistently employed. He doesn't play well with the people he needs too, and who could potentially have good ideas as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
                              Yeah, I figure that's why he isn't consistently employed. He doesn't play well with the people he needs too, and who could potentially have good ideas as well.
                              Do you mean not consistently employed in TV? Because he is always working on something whether it be TV, movies, comics or books; often multiple projects.
                              -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                                Do you mean not consistently employed in TV? Because he is always working on something whether it be TV, movies, comics or books; often multiple projects.
                                Yup I meant TV. Sorry if I wasn't clear. As a showrunner/producer he didn't like to make nice if it even seemed like it might compromise his story. Movies, comics etc are a little different as he is generally only writes, doesn't double up to produce.

Comment

Working...
                                X