Sanctuary Season 4 Ratings Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!! It's back up to the S3.0 average!

I've been looking at their ratings on wiki and noticed that firstly a lot of ratins from S01 and S02 are missing - anyone know why this is? Also they were never that high to begin with, they dropped really fast in S01 and in S02 they had episodes rating as low as 1.3

Comment

So this is good, right? I was almost afraid to even peak in on this thread.
      sigpic
      Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Julian View Post
        Wow!! It's back up to the S3.0 average!

I've been looking at their ratings on wiki and noticed that firstly a lot of ratins from S01 and S02 are missing - anyone know why this is? Also they were never that high to begin with, they dropped really fast in S01 and in S02 they had episodes rating as low as 1.3
        Wiki doesn't have ratings at all, what they give is Total Viewers. There is a big difference between the two.

Up until episode 7 of Season 1 Syfy used to post the Top 10 ratings (Syfy coverage rating) on their website - this is why there are no Total viewer numbers before then except for the premiere.

The missing Total viewer figure for Season 2 is 1,404,000
        -

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
          So this is good, right? I was almost afraid to even peak in on this thread.
          I'd call them decent. Not great but not bad either.

Syfy renewed for S4 on an average of 1,457,500 so if S4 can score around or above that then things will look better for a S5.
          -

Comment

Encouraging ratings. I hope they hold up or increase some. I want a fifth season!

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel Rebel View Post
              Encouraging ratings. I hope they hold up or increase some. I want a fifth season!
              i have such a small list of shows i watch anymore, that when i have one, i don't want to let go of it! so keep it up, sanctuary!!
              sally

sigpic

Comment

http://blastr.com/2011/10/track-the-ratings-of-13-c.php

This blastr article (run by Syfy) has a pretty positive spin for sanctuary numbers
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post

This blastr article (run by Syfy) has a pretty positive spin for sanctuary numbers
                  I was just about to post that. Since I'm too late, I'll just post what it said about Sanctuary.

"Good news for Sanctuary. The series posted the strongest numbers yet of its fourth season Friday and held steady in its demo rating. Better news: all three episodes of season four have held on to a higher viewership than the second half of season three. Could this show be growing its audience, and if so, how much higher can it climb?"

Comment

Originally posted by samcartersg1 View Post

sounds good!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Lets not forget that 3.5 ratings tanked on Monday. So not that difficult to be better.
                      I am however glad Sanctuary managed to recover from its trip to Monday. Just wished the season premiere had been higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal
                        Personnaly, I am no longer worried or disappointed about the numbers of the season premiere. I'd have been worried if the numbers of episodes 2 and 3 had fallen as it usually does, but that's not the case. Besides, if you think about it, the fact that the numbers went from 1.3 to almost 1.5 this season looks much better than those of last season (1.8 ==> 1.4).

Remember that Sanctuary did not immediately moved to Mondays. Here's a comparison between the first three episodes of the second half of Season 3 (aired on Friday) and the first three episodes of this season:

3.10 ==> 1.4 - 0.4% / 4.01 ==> 1.4 - 0.5%
                        3.11 ==> 1.2 - 0.4% / 4.02 ==> 1.3 - 0.4%
                        3.12 ==> 1.4 - 0.4% / 4.03 ==> 1.4 - 0.5%

That looks good to me!
                        I too am less concerned about the ratings for the premiere than I am for maintaining good ratings or (hopefully) getting higher ratings for the remainder of the season. So that looks encouraging. Also if Syfy is making positive comments about it on blastr then that's also a good thing.

majorsal: i have such a small list of shows i watch anymore, that when i have one, i don't want to let go of it!
                        Sounds like me.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Personnaly, I am no longer worried or disappointed about the numbers of the season premiere. I'd have been worried if the numbers of episodes 2 and 3 had fallen as it usually does, but that's not the case. Besides, if you think about it, the fact that the numbers went from 1.3 to almost 1.5 this season looks much better than those of last season (1.8 ==> 1.4).

Remember that Sanctuary did not immediately moved to Mondays. Here's a comparison between the first three episodes of the second half of Season 3 (aired on Friday) and the first three episodes of this season:

3.10 ==> 1.4 - 0.4% / 4.01 ==> 1.4 - 0.5%
                          3.11 ==> 1.2 - 0.4% / 4.02 ==> 1.3 - 0.4%
                          3.12 ==> 1.4 - 0.4% / 4.03 ==> 1.4 - 0.5%

That looks good to me!
                          True

Comment

Sanctuary 4x04
                            1.5 million viewers 0.5

Comment

argh I forgot about baseball.... The ratings will probably be down
                              Do people that watch Sanctuary watch baseball? hum??????

1.3 0.4

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                                Do people that watch Sanctuary watch baseball? hum??????

1.3 0.4
                                Um yes.
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X