No announcement yet.

Sanctuary Season 4 Ratings Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh i hope it gets renewed! (syfy really has to stop cancelling everything). hopefully next weeks episode will increase in ratings. and i think they can announce rather its gets renewed anytime.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
      I'd say more in the middle, not being good or bad. Let's just say it could of been worse. The good thing is the 18 to 49 demo was a 0.5 and the last time they hit a 0.5 was back in the beginning of Season 3 I think.

After Eureka getting canceled while averaging over 2 Million viewers, I just don't know what to think anymore. You have to almost treat every season as it will be it's last, imo.
      I think this is the best reply yet. IMHO these ratings are not enough for a renewal, but the demo (0.5) gives us hope that Sanctuary ratings can improve

Comment

Originally posted by Abnormal
        We need to compare only what is comparable. I'd love to say the ratings are great or even good, but to me it is irrelevant to compare a premiere with a final. The fact is I am convinced Syfy expected much more and is quite disappointed by these numbers. 400 000 less than last year is quite big, and I expect it to go down and down as it did last year.

I can't imagine that 1.3 is enough considering that the new season is logically more expensive and that the show was renewed when it was still doing much better than that.

Anyway, call me grumpy, call me mister pessimistic, but I don't want to be unrealistic, though of course i'd LOVE to have a 5th season.
        if sanctuary doesn't get a season five, i hope 1- syfy will let them do an ep or three to finish off their story, 2- a mini series to finish off their story, or 3- another network picks them up.
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          if sanctuary doesn't get a season five, i hope 1- syfy will let them do an ep or three to finish off their story, 2- a mini series to finish off their story, or 3- another network picks them up.
          yeah i hope so. or could they go back online?
          sigpic

Comment

I went to Wiki to look at the ratings ror SGU, and it seems Sanctuary still did better than SGU did last season in it's premiere. I'm hoping it'll do better than SGU did in it's first 10 eps in S2, but since this is a 13 ep season, we need good ratings for 6 or 7 episodes.

Spoiler:

Comment

I just thought of something... how can we learn what the ratings were for Space? I believe we've seen them before on the S3 thread, and I was wondering if anyone can get that?

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky89 View Post
                I went to Wiki to look at the ratings ror SGU, and it seems Sanctuary still did better than SGU did last season in it's premiere. I'm hoping it'll do better than SGU did in it's first 10 eps in S2, but since this is a 13 ep season, we need good ratings for 6 or 7 episodes.

Spoiler:
                SGU is old news and won't be a factor in whether they renew Sanctuary. Too many different variables. Sanctuary either has an acceptable profit margin or it doesn't. No need to compare it to a show gone a year now.
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by suse View Post
                  SGU is old news and won't be a factor in whether they renew Sanctuary. Too many different variables. Sanctuary either has an acceptable profit margin or it doesn't. No need to compare it to a show gone a year now.
                  And a cancelled show. Not a good litmus test

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                    And a cancelled show. Not a good litmus test
                    Especially a show that aired at a different time and on a different day.
                    -

Comment

i can see the comparing it too sgu, as they are both good sci-fi shows, and both were/are on syfy. as a fan of the show i was upset when they cancelled it before the second half of the season (which was much better then the first half), but sadly good ratings equals good profit.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                        i can see the comparing it too sgu, as they are both good sci-fi shows, and both were/are on syfy. as a fan of the show i was upset when they cancelled it before the second half of the season (which was much better then the first half), but sadly good ratings equals good profit.
                        Thank you. I wanted something to compare it to, and I've even been comparing it to Fringe. Anyway, and sorry if this has been asked, but when will the L+7 numbers come out, as well as the DVR numbers?

Oh, and I heard that there's a thing called "L+12". What the hell is that?

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          There's no sense in trying to compare apples and oranges.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Especially a show that aired at a different time and on a different day.
                            And was more expensive.
                            Should we compare Sanctuary to Eureka? Which one is cheaper to produce? Eureka got cancelled even though it had over 2 mil viewers...

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                              Eureka got cancelled even though it had over 2 mil viewers...
                              Eureka was renewed, we just know in advance this is the final season...which I'm glad they're letting us know in advance and the writers can plan for that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                                Eureka was renewed, we just know in advance this is the final season...which I'm glad they're letting us know in advance and the writers can plan for that.
                                I think it depends on how you look at it. Eureka was filming it's 5th season while fans were watching season 4. In fact they were filming their next to last episode of season 5 when news broke over twitter and internet that syfy was cancelling the show after only a week earlier they had news they were being renewed for another season. The actors many of whom found out the same time fans did that the next episode (which was to start filming in less than a week) was going to be their last. While you are partially right Syfy did renew the show for one more episode to wrap up the entire series. Allowing the writers a mere week to conclude a series that has been on for years. From my perspective Eureka was cancelled with good ratings.

Re: money issue Eureka's schedule had syfy paying for 1 season and then stretching it's air dates over a two year period. The series started in 2006 - we should be up to season 7 by next year, but we are only getting 5 seasons.
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 12 October 2011, 10:04 AM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
                                X