No announcement yet.

Season 4 Spoiler Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regard to all the Druitt is dead conversations, here's what Amanda had to say in a Show Patrol interview :

What happened to John Druitt?

I don't know.

It's a mystery.

Yeah, right? I heard this other thing, "He is dead. He is dead and how awful is that that you killed John Druitt?" Well it's John Druitt, the guy who had an entity coursing through his body, right? So the last time we see him he's dealing with this huge electrical surge. Who is to say the entity didn't protect him? Just saying. I do not believe that anyone is dead.

-------------

So I'm holding onto my belief that TPTB have not yet made a decision on his fate and an eventual return is still a possibility.
    -

Comment

Yes, this! Thank you!

As much as I love Chris, he's only an actor, and an actor's word is nothing in a TV Show. I'm much more inclined to believe Amanda, a producer, in this situation. When they pitch their stories at the beginning of a season, she's there in the writer's room.

I have faith.
      sigpic
      Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
      My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
      Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
        Yes, this! Thank you!

As much as I love Chris, he's only an actor, and an actor's word is nothing in a TV Show. I'm much more inclined to believe Amanda, a producer, in this situation. When they pitch their stories at the beginning of a season, she's there in the writer's room.

I have faith.
        Unfortunately Amanda failed me once by saying Tesla would be in 5 episodes in Season 4 but it turned out to be 4 only! I hope she is right this time.
        sigpic
        Sign by me

Comment

Originally posted by Dinoman View Post
          Unfortunately Amanda failed me once by saying Tesla would be in 5 episodes in Season 4 but it turned out to be 4 only! I hope she is right this time.
          Yeah, this ^
          "Are you like, a crazy person?"
          "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Originally posted by es! View Post
            Yeah, this ^
            What's one episode between friends? Really...maybe she made a bit of a boo boo in the amount of eps but to be out by just one isn't that bad.
            You gotta remember that this is the beautiful woman who keeps slipping up by saying she's been married for 20 years when in fact it is only 17...this we discussed briefly over dinner...but she did correct herself saying maybe not married for 20 but together for 20 years...I understood her reasoning. I'm not bothered by any slight hiccup like one episode miscalculated.

I shall remain cautiously optimistic that we haven't seen the end of John Druitt.
            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

While hearing AT say that about Druitt's status is somewhat reassuring, it also means we probably don't get to see him in the two-parter finale either otherwise she would have known his fate. Either way, it's very disappointing they never followed up on what happened to him after Into the Black; even if they didn't want to say he was dead or alive, they could have at least have Magnus and the others wonder/speculate about what happened to him.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                In regard to all the Druitt is dead conversations, here's what Amanda had to say in a Show Patrol interview :

What happened to John Druitt?

I don't know.

It's a mystery.

Yeah, right? I heard this other thing, "He is dead. He is dead and how awful is that that you killed John Druitt?" Well it's John Druitt, the guy who had an entity coursing through his body, right? So the last time we see him he's dealing with this huge electrical surge. Who is to say the entity didn't protect him? Just saying. I do not believe that anyone is dead.

-------------

So I'm holding onto my belief that TPTB have not yet made a decision on his fate and an eventual return is still a possibility.
                The possbilities as to what has happened to Druitt are endless i dont think we have seen the last of Druitt ,I'm so with u Rox's and Chelle
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                  What's one episode between friends? Really...maybe she made a bit of a boo boo in the amount of eps but to be out by just one isn't that bad.
                  You gotta remember that this is the beautiful woman who keeps slipping up by saying she's been married for 20 years when in fact it is only 17...this we discussed briefly over dinner...but she did correct herself saying maybe not married for 20 but together for 20 years...I understood her reasoning. I'm not bothered by any slight hiccup like one episode miscalculated.

I shall remain cautiously optimistic that we haven't seen the end of John Druitt.
                  Jonathon Young too said Tesla would appear in 5 eps.
                  Dunno how often he slips up when it comes to how long he's been married tho

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  While hearing AT say that about Druitt's status is somewhat reassuring, it also means we probably don't get to see him in the two-parter finale either otherwise she would have known his fate. Either way, it's very disappointing they never followed up on what happened to him after Into the Black; even if they didn't want to say he was dead or alive, they could have at least have Magnus and the others wonder/speculate about what happened to him.
                  I am disapointed by that too. Nobody said anything about John this season. I am not a fan of John but I don't like how this character has been treated.

Comment

But we had the answer to that in Chris' interview. IIRC, he said he was less available this season. I'm getting that they decided to put Druitt on the side for one season and to focus on one of his character (Biggie). So, if you don't know what happens to a character, you're better off not saying anything right? (And I think what recently happened with Chris' interview just proves that.) Because fandom likes worrying and likes drama.
                    sigpic
                    Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                    My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                    Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

I think MAD know better than to leave a key character aside without addressing his fate. They must renew a Season 5 in order to do just that!
                      sigpic
                      Sign by me

Comment

Actually when initially asked, Amanda couldn't remember how many and had to count and then still wasn't sure. She said "He's in like a good five episodes".
                        -

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS SANCTURIANS! xo *hugs*
                          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

I think MAD know better than to leave a key character aside without addressing his fate. They must renew a Season 5 in order to do just that!
                            I agree.
                            Beside the fact that they totally need a whole season to address the bomb they dropped in SFN1
                            Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Actually when initially asked, Amanda couldn't remember how many and had to count and then still wasn't sure. She said "He's in like a good five episodes".
                            Oh, that's comforting Good to know that my favorite actress usually can count to five

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                            MERRY CHRISTMAS SANCTURIANS! xo *hugs*
                            Merry Christmas everybody!

Comment

Have you seen the sneek peak? Now I´m really afraid, maybe that was what the dialoge between Helen, Kate and Biggie was about and that he now feels guilty and want´s to make his mistakes away.

Biggie:For him, better to die with honnor, than live as a coward.

MAGNUS (CONT'D)
                              If his concern really is for the safety of all the people here, he'd have taken me up on my offer immediately.
                              (then)
                              He may talk about death and honnor, but he's a survivor.
                              Dear Lord, the angst, I still hope that this dialoge is a fake, bit IMHO it makes sense.

Comment

I haven't seen the sneak peek! Link please?

Comment

Working...
                                X