No announcement yet.

Uprising (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An OK episode, but not as good as Tempus.

Yep, I also knew they were leading up to Helen's reappearance when they started searching for the signal coming inside the Sanctuary.

I'm sure we'll see how Kate gets along in Hollow Earth in an upcoming episode.

I didn't like the giant lizard type creature. Just didn't like the look of it and didn't think it moved "naturally."

Didn't like the "mob mentality" of the abnormals from Hollow Earth. Henry comes to them unarmed to try to help and look at the thanks he gets. Although I can't commend the military's way of handling things either.

Abby was annoying at first but later it was nice to see her being useful. If they're gonna keep her around (which apparently they are) I hope they'll continue to show she's got a brain and not just a giggly adolescent-type character. I see her as someone who although she can be dorky and annoying also has a good heart, so I may end up liking her yet this season (if they can keep the giggly behavior to a minimum).

ames: Did it bother anyone else that Helen just hung out (one might say 'hiding') monitoring the situation and apparently biding her time until she was finally discovered? Not to mention the timing on Henry noticing the feedback on his hack ... coincidence, or Helen had decided it was time to reveal herself, but on her own terms? Why the heck did she wait 'til that moment instead of stepping in earlier? Was it because she wanted the time to concentrate on evaluating the situation without being distracted by the politics? Hmmm...
    It did make me wonder when she actually arrived and how long she hung around before they found her. Maybe she was ready to step in when she thought the moment was right? Or wanted to see how Will would handle things?

Chelle DB: Will to Henry: "Have fun storming the castle"
    I remembered Henry saying that in End of Nights as John was teleporting them to their encounter with Ashley.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

I remembered Henry saying that in End of Nights as John was teleporting them to their encounter with Ashley.
      i remember that. it was great to see henry get to be in the action
      sigpic

Comment

I thought the episode was pretty good--for a Magnus-less episode. Not one I need to rewatch though.

Will seemed pretty grown up in this one and I couldn't help but think "AT as director has got him under control and not doing his usual 'yelling indicates emotion' thing."

Abby started out annoying but then wasn't too bad.

I agree with those who said Will as Sanctuary network head? Really? Maybe the others just wanted someone else to have the hot potato.

I didn't have a problem with Magnus' reappearance being somewhat brief. I had the feeling she would have revealed herself soon if they hadn't found her.
        I was torn about her telling Will about it being 113 years. I hope she kept some secrets about what she's been doing. Maybe she'll let the odd comment slip from time to time.

The excuse for Kate/AD's absence could be worse. The door is definitely open for her to still be part of the team from time to time. But I'm not a fan of Hollow Earth being a continuing storyline.

Comment

Just read a review by InsidePulseTV of Uprising that brought up the idea that this episode should have been shown before Tempus. Great points for the change.

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
            Just read a review by InsidePulseTV of Uprising that brought up the idea that this episode should have been shown before Tempus. Great points for the change.
            I think I agree, however the ending of Uprising - with Helen coming back the way she did - would have made no sense if you didn't see Tempus. Also, we ended season 3 (into the black) with Helen landing in London, 1898 and season 4 picks up from that - so if you watch ITB and Tempus back-to-back, it becomes seamless.

IMO, any way they would air them would still have Uprising as a very boring episode.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KayLyne View Post
              I think I agree, however the ending of Uprising - with Helen coming back the way she did - would have made no sense if you didn't see Tempus. Also, we ended season 3 (into the black) with Helen landing in London, 1898 and season 4 picks up from that - so if you watch ITB and Tempus back-to-back, it becomes seamless.

IMO, any way they would air them would still have Uprising as a very boring episode.
              Yeah, they would have to re script Helen's return to make sense. But in looking at "still have Uprising as a very boring episode" it was probably better to have Tempus as the season premiere.

Comment

yeah, i don't think switching the order would have made sense. it also would have spoiled the whole 113 years thing.
                sigpic

Comment

I wonder if any one noticed the throwback to the webisodes? When henry said to garris " that I can provide". It was a throwback to the webisode where will and helen were in the elevator.

Comment

I got to thinking about how ashley could come back. What if future magnus had somehow how made it so that instead of ashley being destroyed, she got transported somewhere else? They never did find any trace of her body and technically she wouldn't be altering the timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
                      I wonder if any one noticed the throwback to the webisodes? When henry said to garris " that I can provide". It was a throwback to the webisode where will and helen were in the elevator.
                      Yep...and Will saying to Henry - "have fun, storming the castle!"...though that wasn't exactly a throw back to a webisode but still a turn around.
                      "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                      Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                      ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Steff View Post
                        I thought Tempus was awesome and Uprising was mediocre and very anticlimactic to me, so to switch those around would have left me seriously disappointed with the season's premiere. Especially after all the awesome spoilers we'd seen for Tempus and the rest of the season, it wouldn't have been as great to have Sanctuary back. I probably wouldn't have been as eager to see more, because Tempus was terrific so I wanted more and Uprising was such a let down that I'm hoping the next episode will be a lot better (and far cooler so that I can forget about Uprising).
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Was disappointed again, though unlike with "Tempus" at least most people seem to agree with me this time! I'm confused about the plot holes as well. However I do agree with "Tempus" airing as the first episode. I've always wondered why they didn't splice up "Tempus" and "Uprising," I guess so AT could direct one whole episode, but also I kind of like it that way because it's 'different'. (And we know why she's there, unlike Normandy when it seems the whole episode is a flash back for no apparant reason)

I feel like Sanctuary has lost its spark. Since "Pax Romana," I've really only been wow-ed by the first half of "Hangover," (it got too predictable towards the end) and "Awakening" (amazinngg but could've done without the Will scenes).

I think they need to be a bit more original, less predictable, and certainly more ACTION!

Comment

Originally posted by charles582 View Post
                            I got to thinking about how ashley could come back. What if future magnus had somehow how made it so that instead of ashley being destroyed, she got transported somewhere else? They never did find any trace of her body and technically she wouldn't be altering the timeline.

(i commented on, supplied my idea on this idea in a season 4 spoiler thread)
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Ye olde transcript for anyone that wants it

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/s.../uprising.html
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Ye olde transcript for anyone that wants it

http://www.jackfic.net/emeraldcity/s.../uprising.html
                                Yeap, I need it. Never did try to watch all of it after falling asleep at my first attempt. Thanks Sky. *hug*

Comment

Working...
                                X