Uprising (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kes View Post
    Well at least thi time it appears to have been the actors choice.
    I haven't really heard the whole story. I'm hoping someone asks at the Aussie con where both Agam and Amanda will be appearing.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Like others have said, this was just an ok episode, not one to put on my rewatch list. For some reason the episodes without Helen aren't very strong episodes. Which is too bad for Amanda, since she does a good job directing.

I had a problem with how Helen gave Will praise for how he handled the situation, it just seemed forced; as did the Sanctuary network making Will temporary head It should have been Declan or someone with more experience. Another line that made me roll my eyes was how Will metioned having Abby as his second

How they wrote out Kate was ok, I could see Helen sending someone down to Hollow Earth to keep an eye on things.
      sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

After how bad and boring Tempus was I really liked this one. It felt more like Sanctuary episode and exciting to watch. I just liked seeing the Sanctuary group working to find the peaceful solution and seeing how they function for once without Magnus. It was an interesting dilema especially with Biggie and Kate on the inside. I don't really have a problem with Will being made head as isn't that what Magnus said she was training him to be back in season 1. Above all else I hope they don't abandon the government anti-abnormal stance that was established in this episode. Could be an interesting insight for plot.

I would however liked to have seen how the present was changed due to Helen and Adam's time traveling
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

The bickering got REALLY old REALLY fast. I mean REALLY old.

What i'm wondering about kate....and this is totally unrelated I'm sure. But on Hawaii 50, it's looking like Kono (played by grace park) might be replaced or at least augmented in the cast...by a nice pretty blond white girl. And what does it look like will happen here??? The actress of color is replaced/augmented by blond Abby

maybe it's just two different shows, maybe it's nothing, but notable that two different shows, made in two different places by two different networks are doing the same thing.

overall, between will and lilian and villanova....really old, really fast. How do they not figure out and learn what's going on? how the heck do they think they're gonna handle those thousands of people? and the UN sanctions murdering thousands in cold blood? Like an air strike will go unnoticed?
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
            I haven't really heard the whole story. I'm hoping someone asks at the Aussie con where both Agam and Amanda will be appearing.
            Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            The bickering got REALLY old REALLY fast. I mean REALLY old.

What i'm wondering about kate....and this is totally unrelated I'm sure. But on Hawaii 50, it's looking like Kono (played by grace park) might be replaced or at least augmented in the cast...by a nice pretty blond white girl. And what does it look like will happen here??? The actress of color is replaced/augmented by blond Abby

maybe it's just two different shows, maybe it's nothing, but notable that two different shows, made in two different places by two different networks are doing the same thing.
            What? AD repalced the hot blond chick that kicked ass lol
            Look AD said it was schedualing, do you all think she's lying ? Why answer at all?

From Facebook:

Agam Darshi
            People have been asking so here it is: Kate IS still kicking ass, and has an interesting storyline in Season 4. Unfortunately due to scheduling this year, she's not in it, as much as previous seasons. xo

Comment

I know she left/reduced due to scheduling. So I'm sure it was either her idea or that she's fine with it. I'm not implying any sort of bad or 'mean' thing to have happened. I'm just noting a similarity.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I haven't had the time to read all the posts but I'll comment anyway.

At the end of season 3, it was a MAJOR cliffhanger. I saw a lot of potential with the Hollow Earth theme. The problem I have with Sanctuary (a minor one at that) is the fact that story lines tend to end abruptly. I am not much of an action person, but I was expecting a lot more Hollow Earth action- at least a minor war spanning more episodes.
                Anyway, this episode was a bit slow without Magnus, but I was glad to see her in the end. I loved how they tied in AT's trip to the 18th century and the present. The transition was one of the smoothest I have ever seen in a show. However, it reminded me that James is dead now (in the present; I did like his character a lot). But I hope to see a lot of Druitt and Tesla in upcoming eps; that would be AWESOME!

Okay. I think I mentioned everything that I wanted to. All in all, this ep was good overall.

Comment

I noticed the same thing. I used to watch hawaii 50 but since grace isn't on that much and the storylines haven't been that great I have ceased watchin it. And now Kate...i'm not a fan of Abby but she wasn't that bad in this episode. Hope they don't make Magnus' character change her hair color It does seem like a trend of blond actresses replacing the better actresses as of late.

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
                    Did it bother anyone else that Helen just hung out (one might say 'hiding') monitoring the situation and apparently biding her time until she was finally discovered? Not to mention the timing on Henry noticing the feedback on his hack ... coincidence, or Helen had decided it was time to reveal herself, but on her own terms? Why the heck did she wait 'til that moment instead of stepping in earlier? Was it because she wanted the time to concentrate on evaluating the situation without being distracted by the politics? Hmmm...
                    I took it that she had been away so long she need to slowly step back into the sanctuary. Also she returned in the middle of the action. I can't recall every detail or conversation I had ten years ago over a dramatic incident, so I can't imagine returning after 113 years. She needed a few reminders to get her back up to speed ... Also she needed to make sure she didn't return too early.

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchess View Post
                      I haven't had the time to read all the posts but I'll comment anyway.

At the end of season 3, it was a MAJOR cliffhanger. I saw a lot of potential with the Hollow Earth theme. The problem I have with Sanctuary (a minor one at that) is the fact that story lines tend to end abruptly. I am not much of an action person, but I was expecting a lot more Hollow Earth action- at least a minor war spanning more episodes.
                      Anyway, this episode was a bit slow without Magnus, but I was glad to see her in the end. I loved how they tied in AT's trip to the 18th century and the present. The transition was one of the smoothest I have ever seen in a show. However, it reminded me that James is dead now (in the present; I did like his character a lot). But I hope to see a lot of Druitt and Tesla in upcoming eps; that would be AWESOME!

Okay. I think I mentioned everything that I wanted to. All in all, this ep was good overall.
                      If they had enough time, the arcs would last longer, but their maximum is 13 episodes and a season long arc is not a good thing.

Comment

overall, between will and lilian and villanova....really old, really fast. How do they not figure out and learn what's going on? how the heck do they think they're gonna handle those thousands of people? and the UN sanctions murdering thousands in cold blood? Like an air strike will go unnoticed?
                        Probably the one thing that stood out for me was all the action...did they really think it would go unnoticed? Seriously, if the president farted sideways the world would know. But apart from that I actually enjoyed the ep. Oh and if only they would stop wrting a female FBI agent as a ditz...it's a disservice to Pascal & her character. I like Abby when she's smart but not when she acts like she's just graduated from high school. So barring that little opener where she goes on about Hollow Earth, she was lovely.
                        And I shall make it my mission this weekend to ask about Agam's role & hopefully confirm if its only temporary.

Oh and ames, it did bother me just a bit that Helen hid in her room til Will & Abby found her even though she was doing something...but did she really need to hide for so long? I was simply not overly impressed with Helen's return to present time.

"Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                        Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                        ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                          And I'd like to know the significance of the 56 Bordeux. We already know the 45 Bordeux was a gift from Churchill so what happened in 56 that I missed?
                          Any Bordeaux wine from 1956 will be quite rare.
                          -

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Any Bordeaux wine from 1956 will be quite rare.
                            True but so would any Borduex wine from any year before then...just wondering if there was any significance to that particular year.
                            "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                            Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                            ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Hey Rox's and Chelle I haven't seen the episode yet but I've been reading here and I've been thinking about the significance of the wine and I'm this is what I have found about 1956 I also remember in Requiem Helen and Will's conversation about the presidents Helen know I think Eisenhower was one of them (have to do a rewatch). Hope this helps 1956
                              Dwight Eisenhower reelected as President of the United States. That same year, he signs the Interstate highway into law.
                              Nikita Khrushchev tells Western ambassadors, "We will bury you." He also begins "de-Stalinization," releasing millions of political prisoners and liberalizing Soviet politics. Still, Soviet troops invade Hungary to crush an uprising against the Communist government there.
                              The second Arab-Israeli war is fought after Egypt seizes the Suez Canal from the British. Israeli invades Egyptian territory east of the Canal with British and French help. However, eventually the UN declares the canal Egyptian property.
                              Pakistan becomes an Islamic republic.
                              Former colonies gain independence – Sudan from England, and Tunisia and Morocco from France.
                              Elvis Presley releases the first of more than 170 hit songs, "Heartbreak Hotel."
                              American movie star Grace Kelly marries Prince Rainier of Monaco. This is what I have found.
                              sigpic
                              (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                                True but so would any Borduex wine from any year before then...just wondering if there was any significance to that particular year.
                                No, Chelle. The 1956 ones are much rarer as a large portion of the crop was destroyed that year.

Thanks for the info HM23
                                -

Comment

Working...
                                X