No announcement yet.

Uprising (402)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need to watch the ep again but overall I liked it. I'm really glad Tempus was the season premiere, its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.
    The prob with AT directing is that she inst in the ep much and, for me, the show suffers.
    Abby was way better, cunning! Finally something good from her.
    And Kate's great storyline is that she goes to Hollow Earth?! Ok, just glad she's gone.

EDIT: Surprised Magnus told Will right away. If they dont mention it in the next ep its a missed drama oportunity.
    Last edited by kes; 15 October 2011, 12:46 AM.

Comment

i gotta say, i really wasn't fussed with this epsiode... i tied things up well, but then again i wasn't a huge fan of the last epsiode of season 3 being in hollow earth etc etc. Although there was a good twist in that Fallon as still alive.. thers lots of things i could nit pick on, but as an over all i just didn't feel the episode

*runs dodging rotten tomatos*
      sigpic

General Of The Tesla Troopers, Proud Member of Magnett, MOP and SHIP

Comment

I'm not so much buying that Magnus would just rejoin her timeline where she left off.. especially a Magnus that knows just about everything that happens for 113 years. I mean she's basically no one... she could have possibly gotten away with assassinating Hitler.

In a more immediate possibility and more relevant... since she now knew Adam's endgame was to go back in time... She could have probably stopped him... or pick another relevant point on the timeline. It's possible she could have eventually meandered her way down to Praxis if she wanted to.

I would have liked to have seen the arc played out a bit more and have had Magnus rejoin later on in the timeline.

The final third of the episode felt like they had to clear up and cram every storyline they had spiraling out of control into this little tiny box with a bow.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          i have a feeling she's not so refreshed and laid-back as we think...
          I agree...I feel like something is gonna pop up and bite everyone in the butt.

I really didn't feel overjoyed with how Helen came back. I felt a little deflated over it. I guess I was spoiled by last weeks spectacular episode.
          Have to say that the visuals were brilliant...I can't say I was disappointed in any of the shots and honestly, I thought everyone played their roles really well. In fact I thought Will was quite brilliant in this ep & Abby too. Though I think I shall be somewhat miffed for some time yet with the departure of Kate...and the feeling that Abby will now fill in the void that Agam has left.
          I hope we see a much closer continuation of this episode next week. I wpould love to see how the meeting with the UN goes.
          Helen does seem much more relaxed but I have to agree with Sally, it just isn't sitting right.
          And I'd like to know the significance of the 56 Bordeux. We already know the 45 Bordeux was a gift from Churchill so what happened in 56 that I missed?
          I don't think Helen is going to tell Will everything. I think she'll tell him enough to keep him happy but I reckon we're gonna see some surprises stemming from Helen's reliving of the last 113 years.
          Personally, I think this is gonna rock. We're gonna be speculating every week & it's gonna keep us on our toes. Fun!

Certainly not as high as the bar set last week but I don't think you can possibly keep hitting the bar that high forever. Still a great ep.
          "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
          Hug Your Loved Ones!!
          ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by The Collector View Post
            I'm not so much buying that Magnus would just rejoin her timeline where she left off.. especially a Magnus that knows just about everything that happens for 113 years. I mean she's basically no one... she could have possibly gotten away with assassinating Hitler.

In a more immediate possibility and more relevant... since she now knew Adam's endgame was to go back in time... She could have probably stopped him... or pick another relevant point on the timeline. It's possible she could have eventually meandered her way down to Praxis if she wanted to.

I would have liked to have seen the arc played out a bit more and have had Magnus rejoin later on in the timeline.

The final third of the episode felt like they had to clear up and cram every storyline they had spiraling out of control into this little tiny box with a bow.
            She couldnt change anything.

Comment

Ok, I got another question:

What happened to Druitt?

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                And I'd like to know the significance of the 56 Bordeux. We already know the 45 Bordeux was a gift from Churchill so what happened in 56 that I missed?
                1956 was the Suez crisis and the Hungarian Revolution that was crushed by the USSR. She could have been involved behind the scenes in either. Could also be something that's significant for her (cultural or personal to her "vacation"). Or maybe it was just a really good year.
                DDC

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post

What happened to Druitt?
                  i was wondering this too. wasn't he still trying to stop adam's electric thing or something? my guess is once adam and helen left, he simply teleported out.
                  sigpic

Comment

I suspect now due to the earlier encounter, their relationship results in him helping begrudgingly, so he left and ignored the rest.

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                      i was wondering this too. wasn't he still trying to stop adam's electric thing or something? my guess is once adam and helen left, he simply teleported out.
                      Ooooh, and doesn't his little beastie have a thing about electricity? I hope it makes him sane for a bit. The last conversation he had with Helen in Praxis was NO good. No good. We need reconciliation. I don't necessarily want them together, just at peace.
                      Grammar / Spelling / Punctuation Discussion and Appreciation (questions welcome!) | Plot Bunny Adoption
                      Fanfic Helpdesk: Technical and Scientific Help for Writers | Fanfic Pet Peeves | My Fanfiction (Abnormal Newt)

Comment

Loved the visuals in the ep, especially some of the exterior shots of the Sanctuary.

Liked Henry, Will and Biggie. Also liking that Kate will be in Hollow Earth, since I don't really care for her character.

Really not liking the writing. Its become too predictable. I really liked in season 2 how in many of the episodes I couldn't figure out what was going on until the end, but this was missing from most of season 3 and so far what we've seen of season 4. I still love the show, just wish they'd tighten up the writing more.

Comment

Originally posted by Dixie_Vampiress View Post

What happened to Druitt?
                          Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          They mention him (good) but dont really say what happen (bad).
                          He couldnt teleport from where he was.

Comment

1- Let's just say, I knew he'd call Abby and I knew the eavesdropping from inside the sanctuary was Magnus.
                            2- This episode is OK. Not as good as Tempus, but considering how I thought it would be, I really liked it.
                            3- I loved the trio Henry, Kate and Biggie.
                            4- I absolutely hated the duo Will and Abby.
                            5- Will as the global head?? Have they gone crazy or something??? They should have chosen Declan instead.
                            6- Oh great, just great. Kate's gonna leave!!!!
                            7- Why couldn't it be Will instead!!!
                            8- Please don't make Abby a regular.
                            9- I really wanna know what Magnus did during all these years.
                            10- Druitt, it's like him. He likes to disappear. He'll be back when he needs help.
                            11- I still wanna know what changed in this timeline due to what happened in the past.
                            Edit: I admit I was wrong about how I calculated Magnus's age. She's not old as I predicted.

Comment

Originally posted by lookupwardsnshare View Post
                              I just "liked" the episode. It tied up the whole Hollow Earth invasion thing. But Sanctuary isn't Sancutary without Magnus. I knew she wasn't gonna be present (until the end most likely) because AT was directing but the show seems empty and dragging w/o her character. Glad Magnus is back..."it's good to be home".
                              I agree with this.

Just an OK episode, a lot of it was just going over and over the same thing. The Sanctuary crew arguing with both sides to be reasonable and both sides being unreasonable. Got tired of it after a while.

Originally posted by ames View Post

Did it bother anyone else that Helen just hung out (one might say 'hiding') monitoring the situation and apparently biding her time until she was finally discovered? Not to mention the timing on Henry noticing the feedback on his hack ... coincidence, or Helen had decided it was time to reveal herself, but on her own terms? Why the heck did she wait 'til that moment instead of stepping in earlier? Was it because she wanted the time to concentrate on evaluating the situation without being distracted by the politics? Hmmm...

YES. No reason for her to not show up and take over. Sky's explanation was a good one but too serious a situation for Helen to be using as a test case to see if Will could handle things on his own.

Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                              So it looks like Damian et al have just dropped the location ambiguity and pretty much set Old City in the US. I guess it`s impossible to have a Canadian-set show broadcast internationally.
                              Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post

Well, the Old City Sanctuary has always been ambiguously set somewhere in the Pacific Northwest of North America, near the Canadian border. It's never been definitively set in either the US or Canada.
                              Originally posted by Mackandal View Post
                              But now that doesn`t work anymore. When they`re dealing with the FBI, Homeland Security and the Secretary of Defense, bye bye ambiguity.
                              Have to agree with Mackandal here. I don't mean any disrespect to those in the US but you have to appreciate how dominated our entertainment industry is by yours. I loved that Sanctuary was a proudly Canadian show and often made references to Vancouver, Montreal, etc as well as US and international locations. Will worked for "The Agency" so the Sanctuary could have been anywhere. Now it is clearly defined as a US location.

Other comments:

-what is with having a second female character on the show? First Ashley, now Kate. Although she is not dead I have little faith that we will see much of Kate the rest of the season.

-while I liked Abby in this episode (funny and intelligent and I loved her line to the UN hack) I prefer Kate to Abby as the second female character

-I also would have liked to have seen or heard from John

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Other comments:

-what is with having a second female character on the show? First Ashley, now Kate. Although she is not dead I have little faith that we will see much of Kate the rest of the season.
                                Well at least thi time it appears to have been the actors choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X