No announcement yet.

Agam Darshi/Kate Freelander Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm glad people are beginning to like her character. I found her character to be interesting from the beginning. I knew AT and crew wouldn't leave her as is and bring her into the set. If she was going to be a full time character, I knew there had to be a lot more than what they were showing....and they didn't disappoint me. They gave her a lot of "character" which makes her cool. Now that people are beginning to sympathize with her I hope they don't get rid of all her edginess. Don't soften her too much. It is that edginess that adds flavor.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      She has amazing clothes. I want Kate's entire wardrobe. lol
      Totally want it to.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
        i hope kate stays for the long haul as well, she is an awesome addition to the cast!

me too! that top from kali is my fave!

Her metamorphosis began as far back as "Hero" when she said she was "not for sale."

Through "Veritas", "Sleepers", and finally both halves of "Kali", her status as a member of Magnus' crew really crystallised.

Favourite line from "Kali": "If he's (Will) out there, I'm out there."

I, too, love what she wore in "Kali". And the fact that she's bi-lingual (English and Indian) gives her an exotic edge.

Richard A Benedict
        Glen Burnie, Maryland, USA

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
          I'm glad people are beginning to like her character. I found her character to be interesting from the beginning. I knew AT and crew wouldn't leave her as is and bring her into the set. If she was going to be a full time character, I knew there had to be a lot more than what they were showing....and they didn't disappoint me. They gave her a lot of "character" which makes her cool. Now that people are beginning to sympathize with her I hope they don't get rid of all her edginess. Don't soften her too much. It is that edginess that adds flavor.
          I couldn't agree with you more.

Comment

New Agam Darshi article.

http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...679/story.html

Comment

Originally posted by llp View Post
              i couldnt agree more! i thought kate was great from the get go!

Originally posted by Baltimorejack71 View Post
              Her metamorphosis began as far back as "Hero" when she said she was "not for sale."

Through "Veritas", "Sleepers", and finally both halves of "Kali", her status as a member of Magnus' crew really crystallised.

Favourite line from "Kali": "If he's (Will) out there, I'm out there."

I, too, love what she wore in "Kali". And the fact that she's bi-lingual (English and Indian) gives her an exotic edge.

Richard A Benedict
              Glen Burnie, Maryland, USA
              yeah, i thought they handled the transition very well... it was great to see her go from someone who worked for the highest bidder to basically get by in life to realise that she wanted more and could have a home and a family at the sanctuary... i really enjoy kates story and her back story to date has been good...

i also really like kates scenes with helen... the scene at the end of penance, the pep talk in kali part 2...

cant wait to see what s3 holds for her and her interactions with everyone else!

Originally posted by LunaSolTierra View Post
              thanks for the link!
              Last edited by katjoy; 03 July 2010, 03:02 AM.
              "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

I can't wait to see more of her next season. I hope she has more scenes with Henry, b/c those two just had such great chemistry at the beginning of s2. It was hilarious.
                "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
                sigpic
                Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I just finished watching S2 yesterday, and I really do like Kate a lot. At first, I'd been reading a lot of really angry rants against her online, and I was pretty shocked by how much some fans seemed to hate her, so I worried that I'd dislike her myself...but then, the moment I saw the scene in Hero where she
                  Spoiler:
                  fooled the guy who had her brother hostage into getting sucked up by the tentacle monster
                  I absolutely loved her. And from then on, her character's just gotten better! There are times when she has some dialogue that's a little too...quip-filled for me, I guess, but I think she's a great addition to the cast, and she has a lot of depth and empathy for the others. (As well as great banter with Henry I don't understand why she's still disliked, but I hope that soon she'll be accepted by the whole fanbase.
                  sigpic
                  ~the guitarists~

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                    I just finished watching S2 yesterday, and I really do like Kate a lot. At first, I'd been reading a lot of really angry rants against her online, and I was pretty shocked by how much some fans seemed to hate her, so I worried that I'd dislike her myself...but then, the moment I saw the scene in Hero where she
                    Spoiler:
                    fooled the guy who had her brother hostage into getting sucked up by the tentacle monster
                    I absolutely loved her. And from then on, her character's just gotten better! There are times when she has some dialogue that's a little too...quip-filled for me, I guess, but I think she's a great addition to the cast, and she has a lot of depth and empathy for the others. (As well as great banter with Henry I don't understand why she's still disliked, but I hope that soon she'll be accepted by the whole fanbase.
                    I loved that scene too! I think that was a turning point for me as well.
                    sigpic
                    Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c_PI View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      that was definately a turning point moment for kate, where you knew she wanted to make a go at a life where she was accepted and welcome...

she does have great banter with henry... and i really enjoy the moments she has had with helen so far!

i was a fan of kate right from the start and am very much looking forward to seeing her character develop in s3
                      "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

It's funny how Agam is apparently the complete opposite of Kate in real life I think either Damian or Martin called her one of the "least snarky actors ever" or something like that.
                        sigpic
                        Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Then Kate must be a thrill to play

Comment

lol yeah
                            It's fun to play characters the complete opposite of yourself. It lets you act out in ways you never would normally
                            sigpic
                            Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Like playing totally evil baddies... that must be lots of fun too.

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
                                that was definately a turning point moment for kate, where you knew she wanted to make a go at a life where she was accepted and welcome...
                                Yeah. Magnus is giving her a chance-- like she has with the abnormals, I guess you could say. Agam said in an interview that Kate is loyal and I think that we've seen that, especially by the end of S2. I'm hoping to see more development for Kate over S3. I think as somewhat of the outsider, she brings a different perspective to situations. For example, while she's pretty much part of the Sanctuary team by Veritas, she can still remark about Magnus
                                Spoiler:
                                "I think she's weird pretty much all the time. " I love Magnus, but it's true, she isn't like most people.

Comment

Working...
                                X