Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    sweet! Well, welcome There's also another thread dedicated just to Nikola/Jonathon Young too
    Originally posted by Aurora7783 View Post
    Welcome to the thread I hope you will have much fun here

And here is some angsty art from me...I hope you like it
    Originally posted by Glitchie View Post
    Oooooooo *snurches Twin's art as well* hehe! *hugs* I love it Twin

Well welcome to the thread, the name's Glitch, please don't call me glitchie!
    Originally posted by monalisacode View Post
    Hello! Welcome to the thread! I hope you enjoy it here. I'm fairly new here too.

Well, in episode "For King and Country", Nigel Griffin seems to be on good terms with Nikola Tesla, exchanging good-natured banters with him. Maybe that's why when Clara Griffin spoke up, Tesla like her instantly.
    Such a warm welcome to this forum ^_^. I also read the Tesla/Young appreciation thread when I got the awesome reference.

I shall scour the forum soon. Once I restore my sleeping paterns

Comment

Am I alone wondering that Tesla may not say that to Helen but to the
      Spoiler:
      Vampire Queen? I mean the 'Ive never been more attracted to you...'

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
        Spoiler:
        Yep, thought that, too.. but my friend and me decided it might be better for his health (as long as he isn't revamped) if he'd mean Helen.. but he seems anyway somehom out of his way
        Spoiler:
        more that one open button, kinda direct without some "meanness" or joke.. that's quite unlike the usual Niko, isn't it?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
          Spoiler:
          I was thinking that could be the case, too...but I'm thinking it's most likely directed at Helen since
          Spoiler:
          he seems to be implying that he's been attracted to whoever-it-is for a long time. Which would not be the case with the Vampire Queen, since he just meets up with her in that episode.
          "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Aurora, lovely wall. I love the castle in the middle of the picture and the small pictures of Helen and Nikola.
            Great work. *hugs*

P_Lote, welcome here, I hope you will enjoy it here. We are a bunch of "crazy" admirers of this ship. Muhehe... I am sure you will love it here.
            Willen, Teslen and totally addicted to Helen Magnus! Amanda's fan.
            / Twitter / FanFiction / CZ Blog /

Comment

............., no wonder he's so cynical about everything, especially love (as evidenced by his "talk" with Will at the beginning of season 2). Only a man burned that badly would call love an "irrational, self-destructive impulse which is disguised as joy." D=
              Yes, it seems pretty obvious from that statement he was either hurt badly by someone he loved (Helen) or at the very least took an analytical approach to love and didn't let himself get too close to anyone to avoid getting hurt because even though he told WIll he'd been in love countless times, he said "I recognize the feeling for what it is." So I can see him meeting a woman, falling in love with her, but then keeping her at an emotional distance because he thinks of love as an irrational and self-destructive impulse, and this sabotages any potential for a real, loving, intimate relationship.

But why do you guys think the others were prejudiced against him because he's Serbian? I don't remember seeing anything that suggested that. I always thought that if the other members of the Five did not like him so much, it was more a combination of jealousy of him being a genius and the fact that he knew he was which made him act like (as Helen said) "an obnoxious @$$." Or at least that's how they saw it.

monalisacode: Well, in episode "For King and Country", Nigel Griffin seems to be on good terms with Nikola Tesla, exchanging good-natured banters with him. Maybe that's why when Clara Griffin spoke up, Tesla like her instantly.
              Or maybe when she said 'damn straight I am, Skinny' (I think that's right) he recognized a fellow smart-aleck and liked her spunk.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

The real Nikola Tesla suffered from many phobia's including the fear of germs. He even invented an electric bath that kills germs that is a really awesome invention. So those phobia's and OCD would cause him to appear socially awkward with the 5?

He's a Serbian Scientists who's idea's are going against the mainstream of science whilst Helen Magnus has several wild theories of her own including the fact she's a woman in Victorian England. They have a lot in common.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                  Yes, it seems pretty obvious from that statement he was either hurt badly by someone he loved (Helen) or at the very least took an analytical approach to love and didn't let himself get too close to anyone to avoid getting hurt because even though he told WIll he'd been in love countless times, he said "I recognize the feeling for what it is." So I can see him meeting a woman, falling in love with her, but then keeping her at an emotional distance because he thinks of love as an irrational and self-destructive impulse, and this sabotages any potential for a real, loving, intimate relationship.

But why do you guys think the others were prejudiced against him because he's Serbian? I don't remember seeing anything that suggested that. I always thought that if the other members of the Five did not like him so much, it was more a combination of jealousy of him being a genius and the fact that he knew he was which made him act like (as Helen said) "an obnoxious @$$." Or at least that's how they saw it.
                  Well, I was thinking along the lines of what people might have thought of foreigners in that time period. Now, it wouldn't be so much of a problem having intermixed cultures in a group, but this was the Victorian era. In ye olden days, people were less likely to trust immigrants just for the fact that they were immigrants ( because somehow that made them "dirty" or weird or crazy or just plain evil?).

So the others (and Gregory) may have distrusted/disliked Niko just for the fact that they were adhering to the social prejudices of the time period.

Helen, however, probably would have been more open to accepting Nikola as a friend because she herself, as a woman at a higher academic institution, was already and outsider.
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I was thinking that could be the case, too...but I'm thinking it's most likely directed at Helen since
                    Spoiler:
                    he seems to be implying that he's been attracted to whoever-it-is for a long time. Which would not be the case with the Vampire Queen, since he just meets up with her in that episode.
                    yeah thought that too ^^ that's why it's 50-50 for me ^^
                    but perhaps it will be just during a joking session, like he's not totally serious, ya know? Just like the "alone in this dark and lonely place" you know?

Comment

Mimzy,I totally agree with everything you said Unfortunately, there was a lot of prejudice towards immigrants at that time period..a lot of ethnocentrism as it were..abroad and in the USA...foreigners were not to be trusted because they were different....
                      also...
                      Spoiler:
                      I think it is directed at Helen...because of the way that he says it....he knows this person...if he said "I'm so attracted to you right now..." then I could see where this would be more directed at the Vamp Queen...but I might be wrong..LOL

Here is another banner that I did..the lyrics are from a song called "If I Could be Where You Are" by Enya..I have been listening to a lot of music by her lately because it's very soothing
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Aurora7783; 02 May 2011, 10:01 PM. Reason: artwork :)
                      sigpic
                      artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                      My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                      When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                      And I held your hand through all of these years
                      But you still have
                      All of me..." Evanes
                      cence
                      [/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post
                        I think it's just the way they talked toward him and the fact that they didn't trust immigrants in the time period, in other words, I agree with Mimzy on that. Just how I thought it went, plus Helen and I came up with the conclusion that maybe Nigel wasn't joking when he stated that Adam was British because it WAS pointed at Tesla.

Anyway only two more weeks! I can't wait, I wanna see who he was talking to, although I' pretty sure it was directed toward Magnus.

Mimzy,I totally agree with everything you said Unfortunately, there was a lot of prejudice towards immigrants at that time period..a lot of ethnocentrism as it were..abroad and in the USA...foreigners were not to be trusted because they were different....
                        also...
                        Spoiler:
                        I think it is directed at Helen...because of the way that he says it....he knows this person...if he said "I'm so attracted to you right now..." then I could see where this would be more directed at the Vamp Queen...but I might be wrong..LOL

Here is another banner that I did..the lyrics are from a song called "If I Could be Where You Are" by Enya..I have been listening to a lot of music by her lately because it's very soothing
                        Love the art Twin *snurches and huggles* My Twin!
                        On the edge of breaking down
                        sigpic
                        Banner made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Glitchie View Post
                          I think it's just the way they talked toward him and the fact that they didn't trust immigrants in the time period, in other words, I agree with Mimzy on that. Just how I thought it went, plus Helen and I came up with the conclusion that maybe Nigel wasn't joking when he stated that Adam was British because it WAS pointed at Tesla.
                          So you're saying that Nigel thought the whole thing was Tesla's fault? Sorry, I'm a bit unclear...
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Glitch,thanks Twin I heard that song on my I-pod and I just had to make a banner to it..that's usually what happens to me when I make art LOL
                            sigpic
                            artwork by the creative genius Glitch

"You won't see me cry, I'm hiding inside
                            My heart is in pain but I'm smiling for you.." Stereo Love

"When you cried I'd wipe away all of your tears
                            When you'd scream I'd fight away all of your fears
                            And I held your hand through all of these years
                            But you still have
                            All of me..." Evanes
                            cence
                            [/CENTER]

Comment

So you're saying that Nigel thought the whole thing was Tesla's fault? Sorry, I'm a bit unclear...
                              No that's not what I mean. I'm saying that he was ... uncomfortable around Tesla because he's Serbian

Glitch,thanks Twin I heard that song on my I-pod and I just had to make a banner to it..that's usually what happens to me when I make art LOL
                              I love it Twin!
                              On the edge of breaking down
                              sigpic
                              Banner made by me

Comment

Well, I was thinking along the lines of what people might have thought of foreigners in that time period. Now, it wouldn't be so much of a problem having intermixed cultures in a group, but this was the Victorian era. In ye olden days, people were less likely to trust immigrants just for the fact that they were immigrants ( because somehow that made them "dirty" or weird or crazy or just plain evil?).

So the others (and Gregory) may have distrusted/disliked Niko just for the fact that they were adhering to the social prejudices of the time period.

Helen, however, probably would have been more open to accepting Nikola as a friend because she herself, as a woman at a higher academic institution, was already and outsider.
                                I see what you mean. I mean even today prejudice against foreigners exists even though we like to pretend it doesn't. Somehow I thought since they were at Oxford they might be more accustomed to foreigners and more accepting of them than the general public, but maybe not. We just need more background story on The Five's early days, that's all. I agree though that Helen would probably be the most accepting of him, while Gregory might be the least accepting especially if he knew Niko was attracted to his daughter.

Regarding the scene with Nigel, I thought it was joking, but maybe there was a bit of a jab to it too. I love that episode anyway so will have to take another look there.

Yes, Glitch, less than 2 weeks now to "our" episode. Hope we don't have any power outages that night. Nice video, by the way.
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Working...
                                X