No announcement yet.

Nikola Tesla/Helen Magnus Shipper Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm new to the thread but long time lover of Nikola/Helen. Mostly I just read fanfic but this thread looks like too much fun not to join in.

About the whole 'Ashley - how would Nickola treat her' thing I think he'd like her. I think he really like her snarkiness. He seems likes women who are sassy like Cara. I think he'd be protective of her for Helen's sake then later because he likes her. The lengths he went to in start of season two shows just how he'd treat her IMO. I do wonder if he'd give her nickname?

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
    Spoiler:
    Oh my goodness I think he would've flipped out! Is it sad that I was actually thinking about this exact question while watching that scene But seriously, I was watching it and I was like, "OMG if Niko was here, he totally would've lost it." I know someone said he would try to outwit John instead, but I think when it comes to Helen, his protective instincts REALLY kick in, and I think he would've tried to beat John up. Like, he would've gotten SOOOOO angry at him that it would've been one of those rare times where he would completely abandon all rational thought and just lose it entirely. From what I've read about the real guy, I think I remember reading that he got into a fight(s)? while at university (over what I don't know). And he was extremely loyal to those he cared about. So since he obviously REALLY cares for Helen, John hitting her would've tipped him into defense mode and I think he would've started to beat him up blindly until Helen would've intervened. Honestly, I don't think he really likes killing anything...but he'll do it if he feels he has to. If John hurts Helen, though, I think he'd be so overcome with protective rage that someone would have to stop him before he went too far without thinking.
    Spoiler:
    I agree. I think Nikola has line that you don't want to cross. Phystically hurting Helen would be crossing it. We all saw how worked up he got in The Five when man tried to attack Helen, and that wasn't just about protecting the person who could help him bring back vampires. With it being John hurting Helen I think he'd get really worked up. They have a lot of history and I get the feeling even when they first met Druitt and Tesla weren't friends.

If he was still a vampire I think John would really be in for it. I'm not sure how good of a hand to hand fighter Tesla is without his vampire abilities. He never really had to be a good fighter with vampire strength, speed and recovery. But even though he's human now I think he'd get in there and give John what for. We don't know what his new power can and can't do but I think if he could use it to take down John he would (after he got a good punch in).
    Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by Tesla_Twin View Post
      Yeah, it's kinda scary

You should ask your genius clone to build you something to prevent that
      What NO!! It's scary..but cool Why would I want to prevent TPTB from reading my mind and inserting more Teslen into the show?

And eventually making my spinoff idea real. I swear, that is going to happen someday Then I'll get to work with JY! YAY
      lol a girl can dream
      Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
      Hi, I'm new to the thread but long time lover of Nikola/Helen. Mostly I just read fanfic but this thread looks like too much fun not to join in.

About the whole 'Ashley - how would Nickola treat her' thing I think he'd like her. I think he really like her snarkiness. He seems likes women who are sassy like Cara. I think he'd be protective of her for Helen's sake then later because he likes her. The lengths he went to in start of season two shows just how he'd treat her IMO. I do wonder if he'd give her nickname?

Spoiler:
      I agree. I think Nikola has line that you don't want to cross. Phystically hurting Helen would be crossing it. We all saw how worked up he got in The Five when man tried to attack Helen, and that wasn't just about protecting the person who could help him bring back vampires. With it being John hurting Helen I think he'd get really worked up. They have a lot of history and I get the feeling even when they first met Druitt and Tesla weren't friends.

If he was still a vampire I think John would really be in for it. I'm not sure how good of a hand to hand fighter Tesla is without his vampire abilities. He never really had to be a good fighter with vampire strength, speed and recovery. But even though he's human now I think he'd get in there and give John what for. We don't know what his new power can and can't do but I think if he could use it to take down John he would (after he got a good punch in).
      WELCOME!!!!!!!!! The more shippers, the merrier!

Spoiler:
      I like what you said about crossing a line w/ Niko in terms of hurting Helen. It's so true. We've seen it with that scene you mentioned in "The Five." That was definitely more than him trying to save his potential "partner in crime"--he got REALLY angry. Like, REALLY angry. So angry that Helen actually had to tell him to stop before he went too far.

And then when the Cabal fired that mini-death-ray, he shoved her out of the way so she wouldn't get hit. And of course, in EoN...this was more subtle, but he was SO trying to protect her from the pain of the truth by making the weapon that would only disable Ashley even though he knew right away that it wasn't going to work. Instead of getting right in Helen's face and saying, "Y'know, look...the only way to do this is to kill your daughter," he tried to do what he could with the weapon to spare Helen from having to hear that immediately. So sweet

And especially if it's John hurting Helen...oh, that would just make it 10x worse. Just because it's John. I agree, I don't think the two EVER liked each other, even when they first met. I think it's more than jealousy on Niko's part--I think he has always sensed that uncontrolled "darkness" in John that has NOTHING to do with an entity inside of him but is part of his actual character. I think Niko sensed that even before they injected themselves with the Source Blood. At least he and Watson were just like...whatever...he only teased him, but with John, he gets a bit more harsh and tries to provoke his rage, b/c he knows it's in there and he knows John can't keep good control of it, whether he has some thing in him or not.
      "YOU'RE EASIER THAN THE U.S. CONGRESS."~Nikola
      sigpic
      Sig by ME!!!

Comment

Spoiler:

And especially if it's John hurting Helen...oh, that would just make it 10x worse. Just because it's John. I agree, I don't think the two EVER liked each other, even when they first met. I think it's more than jealousy on Niko's part--I think he has always sensed that uncontrolled "darkness" in John that has NOTHING to do with an entity inside of him but is part of his actual character. I think Niko sensed that even before they injected themselves with the Source Blood. At least he and Watson were just like...whatever...he only teased him, but with John, he gets a bit more harsh and tries to provoke his rage, b/c he knows it's in there and he knows John can't keep good control of it, whether he has some thing in him or not.
        That's would be a good idea of fanfic =P I mean, about the 1880's, John hurt Helen and that drive Niko mad about him.... XD

Oh and something totally off thread but...
        Spoiler:
        I'm writing the 467th message of Helen/Niko's thread... John/Helen is 570 BUT it has been crate for a long time now... Knowing our thread has been created recently, we gonna have a lot more messages than thme and FINALLY prove that Teslenite's ship is more loved that John/Helen's

Comment

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
          That's would be a good idea of fanfic =P I mean, about the 1880's, John hurt Helen and that drive Niko mad about him.... XD

Spoiler:
          I'm writing the 467th message of Helen/Niko's thread... John/Helen is 570 BUT it has been crate for a long time now... Knowing our thread has been created recently, we gonna have a lot more messages than thme and FINALLY prove that Teslenite's ship is more loved that John/Helen's
          Well, Rose already did that in her fic...and needless to say, Niko got VERY, VERY, VERY mad.

and about your spoiler...

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We only have about 100 posts behind them and this thread was created--what? 2? 3? weeks ago? WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO PWN them.

That makes me SO happy

LONG LIVE THE TESLENITES!!!
          ^I need to put that in my sig. LOL
          sigpic
          Sig by ME!!!

Comment

and about your spoiler...

WOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We only have about 100 posts behind them and this thread was created--what? 2? 3? weeks ago? WE ARE TOTALLY GOING TO PWN them.

That makes me SO happy

LONG LIVE THE TESLENITES!!!
            ^I need to put that in my sig. LOL
            Muahahaha! They don't stand a chance!! Teslenites will totally kick their asses

We haz ruffle, hair and wardrobe on our side!!! MWAHAHAHAAAA!!
            sigpic

Comment

Muahahaha! They don't stand a chance!! Teslenites will totally kick their asses

We haz ruffle, hair and wardrobe on our side!!! MWAHAHAHAAAA!!
              I saw "wardrobe" and was momentarily confused as to why you were referencing Narnia...and then I realized...

*facepalm* THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TWO DIFFERENT OBSESSIONS COMBINE

But anyway, I know. We are so going to win...I mean, this is like the 3rd time today I've been in the comp lab posting on here

That might be unhealthy, but I DID manage to read for my English class at the same time, so it was productive!
              sigpic
              Sig by ME!!!

Comment

I saw "wardrobe" and was momentarily confused as to why you were referencing Narnia...and then I realized...

*facepalm* THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TWO DIFFERENT OBSESSIONS COMBINE

LOLZ! yeah, I'm a Narnia fan too, so I understand your pain

But anyway, I know. We are so going to win...I mean, this is like the 3rd time today I've been in the comp lab posting on here

That might be unhealthy, but I DID manage to read for my English class at the same time, so it was productive!
                You see, H/N is so awesome, it helps your mind develop new abilities!!
                sigpic

Comment

LOLZ! yeah, I'm a Narnia fan too, so I understand your pain

You see, H/N is so awesome, it helps your mind develop new abilities!!

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Only 11 months till the 3rd movie...YAY

Do you freak out over lampposts too? B/c I do that Or maybe it's just me...I am VERY obsessive about Narnia...it's like a disease

And YES H/N is quite awesome When I get home I'm going to try playing around on photoshop w/ my wallie again OH! And I have to update my fic and start another...

OMG! I totally just remembered the MONTHLY FIC CHALLENGE GAH I HAVEN'T WRITTEN MINE YET!!!
                  sigpic
                  Sig by ME!!!

Comment

SWEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Only 11 months till the 3rd movie...YAY

Do you freak out over lampposts too? B/c I do that Or maybe it's just me...I am VERY obsessive about Narnia...it's like a disease

Actually, yes. There was this time I went to Paris, and I saw a replica of the Narnia lamppost...I stared at it for 10 minutes (desperatly looking for an umbrella to appear ) then took a pic' of it...so yeah...I'm quite obsessive too

And YES H/N is quite awesome When I get home I'm going to try playing around on photoshop w/ my wallie again OH! And I have to update my fic and start another...

OMG! I totally just remembered the MONTHLY FIC CHALLENGE GAH I HAVEN'T WRITTEN MINE YET!!!
                    So GET TO WORK!!

I'm looking forward to your wallie and your fic'
                    sigpic

Comment

Hey, guys!

I made a gif:

Teslen makes me feel creative lol

Comment

Made these wallies and they are my firsts ever, so I'm not sure if they should make the calander, but I should at least post them

Clickable!

Originally posted by MissCheerfully View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Hm... But they do have more posters, so maybe we're just... louder.
                        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
                        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
                          Made these wallies and they are my firsts ever, so I'm not sure if they should make the calander, but I should at least post them

Clickable!

Hm... But they do have more posters, so maybe we're just... louder.

OMG These wallpapers are absolutely AMAZING!!

Comment

WOW! im gone what? 10 hours tops and theres two pages!? geezz get lives guys just kidding i stay here all day if i could. ok so to jump into things:

IM AN IDIOT I TOTALLY MISSED THIS AWESOME-NESS!!!!

OMG she would totally be a fan of them I think she'd think Niko was kind of weird at first, but they'd probably end up establishing this funny snarky relationship. I think Ash would really appreciate his sense of humor while pretending not to And would be more comfortable around him than with her dad...b/c she kind of got freaked out/angry around her dad LOL

^and I think the same of Kate, since she's a lot like Ash in terms of snark. (How I wish the two of them could be on the show together; that would be EPIC)
                            Thats why i think ashley and nikola woulda chill because they have snark!! And i totally think Kate and Ash woulda gotten a long fantasticly! like bff sisters kinda. However since dear Ashley is gone i think since in season 3 Nikola will be around more (nobody can convince me otherwise) i think Kate and Nikola might get along in their own snarky way. didnt Kate call him Dr. Fangs in Sleepers???

Double post I know, but you NEED to read this:

Now or Never by Nonnihil Scelestus

it's a wonderful H/N fic people...seriously...

GO.READ.IT.NOW!!!
                            AHHHH THAT RULED!!! awesome fic rec

YEAHH!!! WHY AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS PARTICIPATED IN THIS?!?! GET YOUR COLLECTIVE TUSHES IN GEAR GUYS!!!

which reminds me, in hit me last night that if anybody besides myself decides to do this fic challenges and its still around in April we should have that months theme be "Helen and Nikola: ON A BOAT!!"

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post

Clickable!
                            These are awesome!!! i particularly loved the second
                            sigpic
                            thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                              which reminds me, in hit me last night that if anybody besides myself decides to do this fic challenges and its still around in April we should have that months theme be "Helen and Nikola: ON A BOAT!!"
                              subtle, Keaira, very subtle *chuckle*
                              sigpic

Comment

subtle, Keaira, very subtle *chuckle*
                                pfftt idk what you're talking about!!!
                                sigpic
                                thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Working...
                                X