Nikola Tesla/Jonathon Young Thunk/Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
    ok legit for this fic i just watched the first 5 seconds of that last scene in Sleepers and i started to cry my eyes out. 5 seconds and im reduced to a sobbing messssss
    The whole of the last act has me sobbing like a baby every time because I keep thinking "If only Nikola knew what is about to happen."
    sigpic
    "Young love. It's so passionate. So innocent...So utterly doomed"---Nikola Tesla

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post
      So I just realized this the other day...

You know how the real Niko lived and eventually died in Room 3327 in The New Yorker Hotel?

Look at the number again.

3+3+2+7 = 15, which is divisible by 3
      which also means that 3,327 is divisible by 3

33 and 27 are each divisible by 3

3+3 = 6, which is divisible by 3
      and 2+7 = 9, which is divisible by 3

(3+3)(2+7) = (6)(9) = 54, which is obviously divisible by 3

(3x7)+(3x2) = 21+6 = 27, which is, again, divisible by 3

Nice one Mimzy
      ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gauky_1976 View Post
        The whole of the last act has me sobbing like a baby every time because I keep thinking "If only Nikola knew what is about to happen."

You know the music for that scene was written specifically for Jonathon
        ~"Often we forget . . . the sky reaches to the ground . . . with each step . . . . we fly."~ From We Fly by The House Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Mimzy View Post

I can totally see him doing all that math in his head while trying to pick a room, though

btw,

300 PAGES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS. IS. SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to, sorry
          WOOOO 300!!! AHAHAHAHAHA

no worries, if you hadnt done it, i would have

SAMES!!! agghh. and i didnt even finish watching the last scene bc i dont wanna cry to much and give myself a headache but omggg im balling after 5 seconds im such a Trooper!!! ahaha
          sigpic
          thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

WOOOT WOOT!! 300 PAGES!!

*Grabs Clones, several bottles of wine and tosses confetti everywhere while doing the Happy Dance of Joy"
            sigpic
            "Young love. It's so passionate. So innocent...So utterly doomed"---Nikola Tesla

Comment

I'm back on the 300th page I see so I brought the present I promised. I ws going to do a tribute about Nikola's part in Sleepers and since it happened that we have something to celebrate just consider this as a gift for our 300 pages congrats everyone!!!

ok legit for this fic i just watched the first 5 seconds of that last scene in Sleepers and i started to cry my eyes out. 5 seconds and im reduced to a sobbing messssss
              tell me about? that scene it's killing me. Can't watch it without getting sad

Comment

SAMES!!! agghh. and i didnt even finish watching the last scene bc i dont wanna cry to much and give myself a headache but omggg im balling after 5 seconds im such a Trooper!!! ahaha
                I think it's also due to knowing what happened to Jonathon and his family last summer. The bit (as shown in my sig) where he heartbrokenly says "I can't....I can't" has me bawling every time and the sound of his voice when he says "I'm ordinary" just breaks my heart.
                sigpic

Comment

sg4ever aaahhh i lovee itt! totally cheered me up a bit! especially him all tied up

and yeah that last scene altho so full of Teslen hope is just soo depressing

EDIT: Meg yeah thats where i start crying. never gonna forget the first time i watched it and he got de-vamped holy crap i swear to god my heart literally stopped beating because i thought he was going to age real fast like Watson did and die so i wasnt breathing or technically alive since my heart had stopped and then he said that line about ordinary OMGGG i just screamed a sob and freaked out my entire housee
                  sigpic

Comment

In that last scene, I just wanna grab Nikola, ruffle his hair and tell him everything will be okay. I doubt he'd believe me but *shrugs*
                    sigpic

Comment

I think it's also due to knowing what happened to Jonathon and his family last summer. The bit (as shown in my sig) where he heartbrokenly says "I can't....I can't" has me bawling every time and the sound of his voice when he says "I'm ordinary" just breaks my heart.
                      every time I watch that can't help crying

Comment

Originally posted by stargatelover4ever View Post
                        every time I watch that can't help crying
                        I didn't know what happened until I'd seen it a few times and when I found out, it made me respect Jonathon as an actor and a person so much more.
                        sigpic

Comment

I didn't know what happened until I'd seen it a few times and when I found out, it made me respect Jonathon as an actor and a person so much more.
                          You do know, Sleepers was filmed BEFORE what happened right? The"In Memory of" at the end was added later, during post-production. Still, that's one heck of thing to go through.

Comment

the first thought that came to my mind when I found out was "How is this man supposed to live his life from now on? How could he get over something like that? How could he still be acting?"
                            and when I found out that the background music from the toast scene was written for him that only made me cry even harder every time I watch the scene

Comment

Originally posted by kivawolfspeaker View Post
                              You do know, Sleepers was filmed BEFORE what happened right? The"In Memory of" at the end was added later, during post-production. Still, that's one heck of thing to go through.
                              Yes I did, but seeing it and the dedication made me respect him as an actor and a person more. I can't explain why...it just did.
                              sigpic

Comment

yeah its truly amazing that he has been able to bounce back from that and i think that song with the end scene is such a lovely tribute to his daughter and niece in such a heartbreaking way
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X