Sanctuary in the UK- ITV 4 / Watch News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sanctuary will return to ITV 4 for season 2

Not only is the show going to premier its second season in the United States and Canada, but “Tricon has pre-sold SANCTUARY to ITV4 in the U.K., which also had success with season one
    http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...ternationally/

Comment

When will Season 2 premiere?

Comment

No one knows exactly when, best we know is October (ish)
        sigpic

Comment

Not soon enough!
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

i cant wait for s2 of sanctuary to air...
            "...but I think if I were to describe myself in pure feminist forms, I would say I want equality. We want respect not because we're women, but simply because we're human beings..." AT 'Live peace. Speak kindness. Dwell in possibility.'

Comment

Originally posted by katjoy View Post
              i cant wait for s2 of sanctuary to air...
              Me too! I'm bad at waiting.
              sigpic

Comment

I can't find the old ITV thread. I'm sure it's around somewhere but nothing is coming up when I search.

I emailed ITV today to see if they were getting Season 2 and this was the response:

"Thank you for your enquiry into season 2 of Sanctuary. ITV gives careful consideration to all acquired series from the US and other territories, taking into account their suitability for any of the ITV channels. There are no confirmed plans to broadcast series 2 on ITV at present but if we do acquire the series, an announcement will appear in the press in due course."

I hope they change their mind as it's the only way I can see it other than when they release the DVD's.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                  I can't find the old ITV thread. I'm sure it's around somewhere but nothing is coming up when I search.

I emailed ITV today to see if they were getting Season 2 and this was the response:

"Thank you for your enquiry into season 2 of Sanctuary. ITV gives careful consideration to all acquired series from the US and other territories, taking into account their suitability for any of the ITV channels. There are no confirmed plans to broadcast series 2 on ITV at present but if we do acquire the series, an announcement will appear in the press in due course."

I hope they change their mind as it's the only way I can see it other than when they release the DVD's.
                  I hope they change their minds.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I'm waiting for the season one DVDs anyway.

Early September isn't it?
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      I'm waiting for the season one DVDs anyway.

Early September isn't it?
                      I think that's for season 1 DVDs.

Julia(samcarterrules)
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to Ambermoon for the wonderful Avatar Sig by: Me

Comment

I emailed ITV about cancelling Primeval This was their response..

"After three very successful series of Primeval there are no plans at the present time for it to return to ITV. High quality drama remains a key part of the ITV schedule although our current focus is on post-watershed productions."

High quality drama huh...So we can expect loads more reality shows and soaps then ITV suck when it comes to keeping good shows
                        sigpic

Comment

I emailed them too. I told them how much I enjoyed the first series and also mentioned that I know their viewing figures were good, so I hope they will be showing s2.

This is the email I received back...

Originally posted by ITV
                          Thank you for your email regarding the above.

Unfortunately we do not hold any information at this time whether we
                          will be purchasing the second series. You may wish to contact us again
                          in a couple of months to see if we have any further information then.
                          Sorry to disappoint on this occasion.

Once again many thanks for taking the trouble to contact ITV and hope
                          you will continue to watch and enjoy many of our programmes.

Best wishes.

ITV VIEWER SERVICES - sh

Maybe if we all send emails inquiring about the show they might realise that it's actually popular.

ETA: I was thinking back to last year, and this was the same sort of email I received then. It was much closer to the air date before there was any real news about the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's interesting because this was reported back in March:

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                            Sanctuary will return to ITV 4 for season 2

Not only is the show going to premier its second season in the United States and Canada, but “Tricon has pre-sold SANCTUARY to ITV4 in the U.K., which also had success with season one

http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/bl...ternationally/

Comment

Thanks for that, Madwelshboy.

This is just like last year. We knew that ITV4 had bought the show, but the folk that answer their emails didn't seem to know what was happening. It was much closer to the first show before they changed their website and gave more details.

Let's hope that this is the same this year, and that they give us more (good) news nearer October.
                              sigpic

Comment

I recall that message about them getting season 2 now as I remember thinking it was great that we'd get S2 as well. Thanks for reminding us of that Madwelshboy.

At least there might still be some hope then. It would be interesting to email that article back to ITV and see what they say then!

Thanks Mods for merging the thread.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X